Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
Nash - Thornton - Heatley
Nash - Thornton - Bertuzzi
Nash - Thornton - Gagne

Either line will be dominant, I don't think it really matters who the third person is.

Personally I'd like to see Heatley.

VanNistelrooy

Jun 15, 2005
Habs Land
Garbs said:
Nash - Thornton - Gagne

Either line will be dominant, I don't think it really matters who the third person is.

Gagné and Bertuzzi are LWers.

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Garbs said:
Nash - Thornton - Gagne

I disagree there. Gagne is a great defensive winger, which really allows Rick and Joe to work their magic. That isn't to say Gagne isn't a really good offensive player as well, but his defensive responsibilites are what allows that line to be decent defensively, something that neither Heatley nor Bertuzzi provide. It'll be interesting to see whether they use Gagne with Sakic/Iginla, Gagne with Nash/Thornton or Gagne with some other combination.

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
Gags1288 said:
I disagree there. Gagne is a great defensive winger, which really allows Rick and Joe to work their magic. That isn't to say Gagne isn't a really good offensive player as well, but his defensive responsibilites are what allows that line to be decent defensively, something that neither Heatley nor Bertuzzi provide. It'll be interesting to see whether they use Gagne with Sakic/Iginla, Gagne with Nash/Thornton or Gagne with some other combination.

True, but one must ask themselves how often a line of Nash - Thornton - Heatley would be on the defensive to begin with.

harper

Feb 4, 2006
Whats the rap on Tanguay? why is he marginalized when his numbers seem so good, is he bad defensively? uninspired?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
harper said:
Whats the rap on Tanguay? why is he marginalized when his numbers seem so good, is he bad defensively? uninspired?

This is actually a very good question he defenitely deserves to be on this team over alot of players that are playing.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
According to Mike Zeisberger of the Toronto Sun:

"As a result, Simon Gagne, Joe Thornton and Rick Nash are scheduled to be reunited when Team Canada holds its first official practice at a Toronto-area rink this afternoon."

"Gagne flourished on a line with Joe Sakic and Jarome Iginla during Canada's gold- medal run at the 2002 Olympics in Salt Lake City. The Sakic-Iginla partnership is back this time around, with Gagne's spot on the left side filled by speedy Detroit Red Wing Kris Draper."

"Another potentially explosive line features Ottawa Senators star Dany Heatley flanked by Tampa Bay's dynamic duo of Vincent Lecavalier and Martin St. Louis. Lecavalier was the most valuable player at the 2004 World Cup while St. Louis is the defending Hart Trophy winner as NHL MVP."

"As for controversial Vancouver Canucks winger Todd Bertuzzi, the coaches tentatively have placed him on a unit with Tampa Bay's Brad Richards and Ryan Smyth of the Edmonton Oilers. "

"The process of putting lines together started with the coaches writing four sets of names on a blackboard: Nash-Thornton; Iginla-Sakic; Lecavalier-St. Louis; and Richards-Bertuzzi. Then came the job of finding a third player to line up with each of those pairings."

DRAPER-SAKIC-IGINLA
GAGNE-THORNTON-NASH
HEATLEY-LECAVALIER-ST. LOUIS
SMYTH-RICHARDS-BERTUZZI
*STAAL-*SPEZZA-DOAN

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/2006/02/13/1440263-sun.html

Comment: Besides the Nash line, I wouldn't have picked any of these lines the way they are set up. :loony:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
How much better does Tanguay look on Sakic's left wing then Draper. Good god Canada's brass looks like morons.

Heatley and Lecavalier have great chemistry already I really like that third line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->