Team Canada's forward lines - I hope they re-unite Nash-Thornton-Gagne

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaBear*

I dont see why they wouldnt, right? I think these would be the best.

Heatley-Sakic-Iginla

Heatley is just too damn good, not to have on the top line. Sakic and Iggy are staples on the top line. Heatley makes this line the most dangerous in the tournament.

Nash-Thornton-Gagne

Again, common sense to re-unite these three.

LeCavalier-Richards-Bertuzzi

Its hard deciding who would be the 3rd line. Do you go with Tbays own Tri-fecta? I would play Bertuzzi over St Louis. Either Richards or Vinny can play wing, though I prefer Richards at C. Vinny has more size along the boards. This line can dominate any oppsosing line down low.

Smyth-Draper-Doan

One heck of a checking line. In your face, lots of speed to burn and will drive other teams defense crazy. Draper and Doan are obviously penciled in together from how well they played in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
I'd stick gagne with sakic and iginla personally, the guy I'd try with Nash and Thornton to start with is bertuzzi. see if there is any defence out there that can handle that kind of size.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Feb 5, 2006
Calgary
missinthejets said:
I'd stick gagne with sakic and iginla personally, the guy I'd try with Nash and Thornton to start with is bertuzzi. see if there is any defence out there that can handle that kind of size.

Good thinking. However, if Bertuzzi plays with the same attitude he has shown recently with the Canucks, I would prefer St.Louis to step in instead.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
PapaBear said:

Heatley-Sakic-Iginla

Heatley is just too damn good, not to have on the top line. Sakic and Iggy are staples on the top line. Heatley makes this line the most dangerous in the tournament.

Nash-Thornton-Gagne

Its hard deciding who would be the 3rd line. Do you go with Tbays own Tri-fecta? I would play Bertuzzi over St Louis. Either Richards or Vinny can play wing, though I prefer Richards at C. Vinny has more size along the boards. This line can dominate any oppsosing line down low.

Smyth-Draper-Doan

One heck of a checking line. In your face, lots of speed to burn and will drive other teams defense crazy. Draper and Doan are obviously penciled in together from how well they played in the past.

why isnt st louis on the team?

Westlander

the olden time
Aug 31, 2004
The Netherlands
These would be my starting lines:

Gagne-Sakic-Iginla

Tried, tested and true.

Nash-Thornton-Heatley

We already know Nash-Thornton works, add Heatley and these guys could really go on a rampage!

Richards-Lecavalier-St. Louis

There should be no problems with chemistry here, an important advantage in a short tournament.

Doan-Draper-Bertuzzi

I'd start Bertuzzi out on the 4th line, then if one of the top 3 lines isn't clicking, he can be moved up.

C-J...*

Canada has a distgusting depth and skill-level on offence..

Perhaps this will turn out to be every bit as onesided as the womens (hockey) olympics..

Bleh..

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Gagne Sakic Iginla
Smyth Lecavalier Heatley
Nash Thornton Bertuzzi
Draper Richards St Louis
Doan

This is what I would put together.

Smyth Lecavalier Heatley were unbelievable together in the world cup. Draper, Bertuzzi and Doan are huge mistakes to have on this team imho.

Staal not being in the top 13 forwards let alone the top 6 forwards is absolutely ridiculous.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Looking at that lineup I gotta wonder how Bergeron and Staal didnt make that squad.

PapaBear*

missinthejets said:

I was thinking that too, but only if Gagne-Thornton-nash have no more magic from last tourney. But if we do see a Nash-Thornton-Bert line, that line could dominate the entire olympics.

PapaBear*

Westlander said:
These would be my starting lines:

Gagne-Sakic-Iginla

Tried, tested and true.

Nash-Thornton-Heatley

We already know Nash-Thornton works, add Heatley and these guys could really go on a rampage!

Richards-Lecavalier-St. Louis

There should be no problems with chemistry here, an important advantage in a short tournament.

Doan-Draper-Bertuzzi[/B

I'd start Bertuzzi out on the 4th line, then if one of the top 3 lines isn't clicking, he can be moved up.

There's no way Smyth sits, he excels the most in times like these.

PapaBear*

VanNistelrooy said:
Gagné - Lecavalier - Iginla

Nash - Thornton - Heatley

Bertuzzi - Richards - St-Louis

Doan - Sakic - Draper

Sakic, 4th line? :shakehead

PapaBear*

bert said:
Draper, Bertuzzi and Doan are huge mistakes to have on this team imho.

:dunno:

Bert yes
Draper no
Doan no

Draper and Doan play well together, at least theres no Maltby this time around. :clap:

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Robertsson 4-ever said:
I would put up the lines in the exact same way, they look excellent.

Wow, me too, I'm surprised with all the possible line combinations he put the exact ones as me.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
PapaBear said:
:dunno:

Bert yes
Draper no
Doan no

Draper and Doan play well together, at least theres no Maltby this time around. :clap:

Your telling me that Draper and Doan deserve to be on this team? Over the likes of Staal, Marleau, Shanahan and Cheechoo to name a few. Hello no. If they were going for checkers they may aswell have taken the best checkers. Draper and Doan are having terrible seasons. Morrow, Madden, Tucker and Fisher are having way better seasons playing those kinds of roles.

Tambellini got Bertuzzi in
Gretzky got Doan in

I am still wondering who Draper has pictures of that got him on the team with one goal (when they named him to the team). (perhaps Draper knew of an organized gambling ring ran by nhl coachs)

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
bert said:
Your telling me that Draper and Doan deserve to be on this team? Over the likes of Staal, Marleau, Shanahan and Cheechoo to name a few. Hello no. If they were going for checkers they may aswell have taken the best checkers. Draper and Doan are having terrible seasons. Morrow, Madden, Tucker and Fisher are having way better seasons playing those kinds of roles.

Tambellini got Bertuzzi in
Gretzky got Doan in

I am still wondering who Draper has pictures of that got him on the team with one goal (when they named him to the team). (perhaps Draper knew of an organized gambling ring ran by nhl coachs)

Actually, Gretzky got Bertuzzi in, if you've been paying attention it would have been quite obvious that Bertuzzi would be playing. Also, Marleau has proven he sucks internationally, and probably won't get anymore chances, and Cheechoo is not a checker, nor is he a good a goal scorer had Thornton not showed up.

Madden was sucking crap up until about 3 weeks ago, and Tucker... well thats just obvious. I would have gone with Morrow, but Gretzky and Co. know more about what goes on then I do, so I'll have to go with what they say.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
PapaBear said:

Heatley-Sakic-Iginla

Nash-Thornton-Gagne

Smyth-Draper-Doan

I think those are awesome. But I might switch up the first 2 lines as follows.

Gagne-Sakic-Iginla
Nash-Thornton-Heatley (I can see this line being ridiculous)

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
therealdeal said:
Actually, Gretzky got Bertuzzi in, if you've been paying attention it would have been quite obvious that Bertuzzi would be playing. Also, Marleau has proven he sucks internationally, and probably won't get anymore chances, and Cheechoo is not a checker, nor is he a good a goal scorer had Thornton not showed up.

Madden was sucking crap up until about 3 weeks ago, and Tucker... well thats just obvious. I would have gone with Morrow, but Gretzky and Co. know more about what goes on then I do, so I'll have to go with what they say.

What has Bertuzzi proven that Marleau hasnt. Give me a break. Dont be such a homer.

I have been "paying attention" you honestly think withouts Tambellini's input that Gretzky wouldnt have been influenced. Give me a break.

djavan

May 7, 2003
Visit site
PapaBear said:

Heatley-Sakic-Iginla

Nash-Thornton-Gagne

Smyth-Draper-Doan

any thought given to occasionally putting iginla on with thornton and nash?

PapaBear*

djavan said:
any thought given to occasionally putting iginla on with thornton and nash?

that would be amazing to see. But sakic and iggy have a real good chemistry together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->