Team Canada WJC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
Does anyone know when Canada's WJC Selection Camp will be held?

I wandered through the hockey canada site, but didn't see it there.

Thanks.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Ellis should be the starter, the guy is simply amazing. You want to stir the pot, take a young guy like Jonathan Bernier. Simple amazing for Lewiston this year, clearly on of the best goaltenders in the QMJHL. I guess you could make a case for Jean-Christophe Blanchard, probably next year rather then this year.

LHJMQFAN

Oct 30, 2004
I think on defense the way he is playing now Marc-Andre Gragnani from PEI Rocket may have a chance. He is logging lots of minutes for them PP and PK and is currently among the best defense in matter of points despite an injury that kept him off the ice for 8 games. You never know... :yo:

Oilers1*

zeke said:
excuses, excuses.

Calgary wasn't all that last season, and Pogge was great for them last season too.

Pogge will one day be mentioned in the same breath as Joe Thornton!

rigger

Aug 18, 2004
Jessica Alba's Dream
As far as forwards go I think that Cogliano will be one of the leading scorers on the team and may win MVP. His speed and skill is reminiscent paul karyia, with all that open ice and a good line mate he can really put up impressive numbers.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
mazmin said:
Forwards (14): D. Boyd, G. Brule, D. Bolland, K. Chipchura, K. Chucko, B. Comeau, G. Latendresse, B. Little, E. McGrath, R. O'Marra, B. Pouliot, D. Setoguchi, J. Toews, W. Wolski

Defence (7): C. Barker, L. Bourdon, W. O'Neil, R. Parent, A. Rogers, J. Schultz, M. Staal

Goal (3): D. Dubnyk, J. Ellis-Plante, C. Price

:cheers:

Gotta have Blake Comeau in there somewhere, I agree with the majority of your picks but this guy has to be on the team.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
in goal:
Price
Ellis

defense:
Barker - Parent
Bourdon - Mikkelson
Fistric - Staal

Forwards:

Cogliano - Latendresse - McGrath
Pouliot - O'Marra - Bolland
Toews - Bertram - Wolski
Chipchura - Bourrett- Setoguchi

palyers that would make it if they were sent back:

Sidney Crosby, Gilbert Brule

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
I saw Esposito last night.He's very good ........but he won't play for Sutter.
Gragnani is not Sutter's type either.

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
scoutman1 said:
in goal:
Price
Ellis

defense:
Barker - Parent
Bourdon - Mikkelson
Fistric - Staal

Forwards:

Cogliano - Latendresse - McGrath
Pouliot - O'Marra - Bolland
Toews - Bertram - Wolski
Chipchura - Bourrett- Setoguchi

palyers that would make it if they were sent back:

Sidney Crosby, Gilbert Brule
Boyd is as close to a lock as they get I'd say, and both McCardle and Comeau should make it. I'd be really surprised if Setoguchi made it, or was even invited to camp. Bertram, Toews, Cogliano, O'Marra all wouldn't be on my team right now, although that's a more minor disagreement as I think they're on the bubble at least and can certainly play their way on at camp. But Boyd and Comeau in particular really have to be included at this point I think.

Default101

i can't believe Painchaud and Pelech have not been meantioned what so ever in the WJC discussion, Painchaud is by far the hottest player in the league after the Bolland/Schremp connection i think he has 13 points in his last 3 games? Pelech i can understand more becuase he's been injured half the season but he would have a chance to be a very solid walk on defensive d-man if he got a shot.

maxen1

Jul 17, 2004
Greg7 said:
Boyd is as close to a lock as they get I'd say, and both McCardle and Comeau should make it. I'd be really surprised if Setoguchi made it, or was even invited to camp. Bertram, Toews, Cogliano, O'Marra all wouldn't be on my team right now, although that's a more minor disagreement as I think they're on the bubble at least and can certainly play their way on at camp. But Boyd and Comeau in particular really have to be included at this point I think.

Why would you be surprised if Setoguchi made the team? He is tied for 2nd in the WHL scoring?

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
pei fan said:
I saw Esposito last night.He's very good ........but he won't play for Sutter.
Gragnani is not Sutter's type either.

I disagree (about Gragnani).

He may not have the huge size, but Gragnani is the type of hard-working, shot-blocking, smart choice-making type of defenceman that he likes. His work ethic is very much in the "Calgary Flames-style."

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Hedberg said:
My Guess:

Goal: Carey Price, Devin Dubynk
Defence: Cam Barker, Luc Bourdon, Mark Fistric, Ryan Parent, Andy Rogers, Brendan Mikkelson, Marc Staal
Forwards: Daniel Bertram, David Bolland, Alex Bourret, Gilbert Brule (I'm guessing he will be returned to Junior), Kyle Chipchura, Andrew Cogliano, Guillaume Latendresse, Kendall McCardell, Blake Comeau, Bryan Little, Ryan O'Marra, Benoit Pouliot, Michael Blunden
Justin Pogge - CHL goalie of the month .. Calgary Hitman ..

Check it out ..
http://www.whl.ca/stats/statdisplay.php?type=top_goalies&id=0&leagueId=26

He is outplaying both Carey Price, Devin Dubynk in the WHL this year ..

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
quebec_nordiques said:
I dont think latendresse will be on the team this year.

Really? Cause 2 monthes ago (as I recall) he was the next coming of (insert chosen deity here).

Haven't heard much from him. Any (Habs) fans care to elaborate?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Cruiser008 said:
Really? Cause 2 monthes ago (as I recall) he was the next coming of (insert chosen deity here).

Haven't heard much from him. Any (Habs) fans care to elaborate?

What do you want to know?

2 months ago, he wasn't the next coming...he was an 18 yr old draftee who was playing extremely well in the preseason, he deserved every bit of hype he got during that time...he should be on the WJC team this year, or I don't how he couldn't

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Carter Pitkanen said:
Any chance Steve Downie can still make it?
I can't see him making it. He was on the bubble before the incident. The only way I can see him making it is if he plays extremely well.

Also Mikkelson is injured and I believe he will be gone for 6 weeks so unless he gets back early than expected he won't make the team.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
maxen1 said:
Why would you be surprised if Setoguchi made the team? He is tied for 2nd in the WHL scoring?

Probably because he says cogliano wouldn't make the team, after throwing down 15pts in 9 games as a freshman and because Sutter said he was the best player at the August Camp. This guy obviously doesn't know what he is talking about

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
maxen1 said:
Mostly because he wasn't at the summer camp. Everyone knew what he could do before this year, so he isn't really a surprise kind of guy that can sneak on, so I think it will be tough for him. I was quite surprised he wasn't invited to the summer camp, but very few guys make the team who aren't there in the summer, so he looks to be in pretty tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->