Team Canada starters for 2006?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Shantz and Dubnyk are the obvious frontrunners at this time, but lots can change (i.e. lasr year this time who would have guessed that Glass and Beauchemin would be our guys for 2005?)

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Blind Gardien said:
Shantz and Dubnyk are the obvious frontrunners at this time, but lots can change (i.e. lasr year this time who would have guessed that Glass and Beauchemin would be our guys for 2005?)
Watch out for Mior....I expect him to gain confidence at some point :)

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Leafaholix said:
Who are the candidates for the 2 spots for team Canada in 2006?

I would guess Carey Price will be there. He won gold in the summer for Canada and may get another chance at the 2005 IIHF U18 tournament in April. Tri - Cities could miss the WHL playoffs making him available.

Mountain Dude

Any chance of Scott Bolland making it? Only reason I ask is he's from my neighborhood.

KingofSpain

Mar 5, 2002
Windsor, ON
Visit site
Blind Gardien said:

Certainly Shantz would be a frontrunner if he return's to last year's form, especially playoffs, but as of now that is a long ways off. This year he has faultered, losing the team's (IceDogs) confidence in him, so much so that he has become the back-up. Until he recovers from this setback, it would be a stretch to call an OHL back-up, a frontrunner for next year's WJC starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->