WC: Team Canada Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaro

Mar 31, 2018
team Canada ivited brandon montour , but he is RFA so he did not accept the invite. But why team canada need so much player like montour?

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
team Canada ivited brandon montour , but he is RFA so he did not accept the invite. But why team canada need so much player like montour?

What do you mean by players like Montour? Of the defencemen who are locked in right now only Chabot plays a similar style to Montour. Of course they shouldn't be inviting Montour yet with several more promising defencemen potentially available in a few days and six spots already locked up.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Hall would be a great addition. I'll be interested to see if he wants to keep the momentum of this career season going or will he cite fatigue after his stretch run.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Hall would be a great add for Team Canada. IMO he won't go. Be to bad as it'd be nice to see Hall and Mcdavid together.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
cross Couturier off the list...but what a herculean effort on a torn MCL. that's one for the ages.

MacKinnon Hall Marner Konecny would be the Fs I would be keying in on now.

Reactions: snipes and jaro

smokingwriter

Apr 21, 2018
cross Couturier off the list...but what a herculean effort on a torn MCL. that's one for the ages.

MacKinnon Hall Marner Konecny would be the Fs I would be keying in on now.
I like all of these players, but sinnin' MacKinnon and Hall are the game-changers. Given that our D and goaltending are both suspect, we'll need all the firepower up front we can muster.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not sure Canada is getting Barrie, a lot of Av fans think he was playing through an injury due to his sub-par play in the series against Predators.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
MacKinnon needs to come over, and he needs to play C at this event. He just (probably) won the Hart trophy as a C.

If this happens, I think a Hall ends up on MacKinnon’s line. Hall and MacDavid never had any chemistry together, whereas Nate and Hall clicked at the WCs before.

Reactions: jaro

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
maybe they are waiting to see if Carter Hart gets freed up from WHL playoffs. I wouldn't put it past the deep thinkers at Hockey Canada to go fully stupid.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
get on the blower to J HUBERDEAU.

He should have already been given an invite with flowers and chocolates sent to his wife/girlfriend.

It's true. I don't understand not inviting him. Schwartz an Nugent-Hopkins are good LW adds but it would be nice to have first line calibre payers in that spot, especially given that Canada is randomly very strong at LW right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->