Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
andora said:
people really need to get over this first line second line crap

it's four lines, bottom line
Agreed, I am willing to bet the third line (Getzlaf, Carter and Ladd) will get just as much ice time if not more then the 1st line (Crosby, Bergeron, other guy)

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
theo6060 said:
The Score reported the lines as being:
Ladd-Carter-Getzlaf
Crosby-Bergeron-Colliton
Dawes-Richards-Stewart
MacArthur-Dixon-Fraser
Perry

Now, I dont' know about anyone else, but I am losing my mind with Sutter. How can you have Perry as your 13th forward? How can you have that as your 2nd line as opposed to top line? Who is Clarke MacArthur and why did he make this team instead of Eric Fehr? I'm not even touching the topic of Fraser making the team given his junior team... Green didnt make it, Nastiuk and Dubnyk gone...... And all the players not even asked to camp. I hate to say it, but I hope we lose this year because I am disgusted with the way they ran this team.
I wonder if that's the order as well.Sutter really seems to like Carter and personally
I don't see him playing Crosby's line very much.The mentality that has Perry playing
as the 13th forward is going to have the Richards line and Carter line playing alot,
just like last year when it seemed like they were on the ice the entire time.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
The Messenger said:
Crosby and Bergeron can't play defense worth a plugged nickel ..

Bergeron can't play defensive???????????? You obviously never seen the kid play. He was as solid as a two-way player can get. Coaches and players were commenting on his play as he looked like a 5-10 year veteran.
:shakehead

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Big Deaner said:
I dont understand why Colliton would be placed on the top line. I like Colliton as a player but he is not near the finisher or the scorer that Perry is.

What, you've never heard of putting more of a grinder on a line to battle in the corners for the puck and get it to his more finesse oriented linemates? And it's not like Colliton has stone hands either.

It's a pretty common tactic in the NHL. Holmstrom often plays with players more talented than he is but he's there to do a specific job, play a specific role.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
theo6060 said:
Now, I dont' know about anyone else, but I am losing my mind with Sutter. How can you have Perry as your 13th forward? How can you have that as your 2nd line as opposed to top line? Who is Clarke MacArthur and why did he make this team instead of Eric Fehr? I'm not even touching the topic of Fraser making the team given his junior team... Green didnt make it, Nastiuk and Dubnyk gone...... And all the players not even asked to camp. I hate to say it, but I hope we lose this year because I am disgusted with the way they ran this team.

:cry:

Looks like 3 number one lines to me. Whining about which one is called the second or first line makes little to no sense.

I'm not sure how you can be "disgusted" with how "they" ran this team. Newsflash, Sutter doesn't pick the team based on prospect rankings. He's trying to get the best "team" not the best collection of individuals. If you saw a lot of the camp, and have seen a bunch of all 3 junior leagues so far this year you'd be qualified to second guess him. But I'm not sure how you could think your opinion is better than Sutter's if you haven't.

I think it's funny to see messageboard fanboys who think they could do a better job running the team than a guy like Brent Sutter. Give me a break.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Bergeron can prolbably grind as well as anyone in the tournament, it makes little sense to have colliton on that line.

Big Deaner

Mar 6, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Flames Draft Watcher said:
What, you've never heard of putting more of a grinder on a line to battle in the corners for the puck and get it to his more finesse oriented linemates? And it's not like Colliton has stone hands either.

It's a pretty common tactic in the NHL. Holmstrom often plays with players more talented than he is but he's there to do a specific job, play a specific role.

Oh I've heard of it. I just believe Perry would be more effective on the top line. Why can't Canada go with a pure scoring line rather than always having to have someone who is responisble defensively but not as talented or skilled. This is no bash towards Colliton as I love him as a player but Perry would thrive on that line and his linemates would benefit from his presence as well. If my team needed a goal that's the line I would want on the ice.

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
I think we have to be patient, Colliton is there because of his complete game. However, Perry has maybe the best hands ive seen from a Canadian prospect in a long time. I'm sure he's not a Sutter type of player but he'll have no choice to put him on a regular line.

Big Deaner

Mar 6, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Also, Perry is a plus 30 this year, second on the London Knights only to captain Danny Syrvet. Now I realize the line he is on and how many goals they have scored but you cannot tell me that Perry is totally incompetant defensively.

Hunter74

Sep 21, 2004
Yes Bergeron is a good two way forward in the NHL. But maybe Sutter wants him to play alittle more offensively and is freeing him up more to do that by putting Colliton on the line.

I like haveing a coupel defensive forwards in the lineup b/c wiht this club were most likely gonna be sitting on alot of leads. Defensive forwards usually do a better job of protecting a lead than offensive types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad