Team Canada Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigguns

Dec 7, 2004
I thought I heard somewhere that perry would be utilized on special teams and to fill in on the top lines in the event someone was injured or not performing

Big Deaner

Mar 6, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
I dont understand why Colliton would be placed on the top line. I like Colliton as a player but he is not near the finisher or the scorer that Perry is.

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
bonefizzle said:
do they not have crosby as a winger.. or did they change it and put him center

Yeah I´m also surprised about that... but center fits better to crosby. he will be more productive and it seems to me that the coach found confidance in him.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Big Deaner said:
I dont understand why Colliton would be placed on the top line. I like Colliton as a player but he is not near the finisher or the scorer that Perry is.

they probably aren't looking for him to score...with crosby and bergeron on the line, they might feel that there are other dimension that he can add to the line that make the line better then more scoring

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
Kugel said:
TSN is reporting that the lines are
Colliton - Crsoby - Bergeron
Dawes - Richards - Stewart
Ladd - Carter - Getzlaf

they didnt discuss the other line but having perry on the 4th line seems odd to me.....

Isn´t the line Colliton Bergeron Crosby?

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
Colliton is a good player, he impressed me at the remax tournament against the russians believe me hell do more than OK. Also he's a a much better skater than Perry and better defensively. The only way we will see Perry playing on that line is if Canada is trailing and are badly in need of a goal.

theo6060

Feb 7, 2003
Visit site
Kugel said:
TSN is reporting that the lines are
Colliton - Crsoby - Bergeron
Dawes - Richards - Stewart
Ladd - Carter - Getzlaf

they didnt discuss the other line but having perry on the 4th line seems odd to me.....
The Score reported the lines as being:
Ladd-Carter-Getzlaf
Crosby-Bergeron-Colliton
Dawes-Richards-Stewart
MacArthur-Dixon-Fraser
Perry

Now, I dont' know about anyone else, but I am losing my mind with Sutter. How can you have Perry as your 13th forward? How can you have that as your 2nd line as opposed to top line? Who is Clarke MacArthur and why did he make this team instead of Eric Fehr? I'm not even touching the topic of Fraser making the team given his junior team... Green didnt make it, Nastiuk and Dubnyk gone...... And all the players not even asked to camp. I hate to say it, but I hope we lose this year because I am disgusted with the way they ran this team.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Crosby should be playing center. He is such a good playmaker, the other lines seem ok. The Dawes - Richards - Stewart was so effective last year and I hope they will be as good this year, they should be because most of the other teams attention will be on the Crosby/Bergeron duo.

theo6060

Feb 7, 2003
Visit site
VanIslander said:
What about defensemen pairings?

Are they available?
The Score said the first pairing will be Phaneuf with Weber. After that, I'm going by memory here and to be honest, I was pretty upset with that line combo so I didn't pay as close attention to the rest. But I believe it was this:
Phaneuf-Weber
Belle-Coburn
Barker-Syvret/Quincey

Seabrook was left off the list because of the injury. I could be wrong mind you, but I am pretty sure those were the combo's The Score reported a few nights ago...

Bandwagoner

Nov 18, 2003
Canada
Visit site
After watching Colliton in last year tourney, as well as a few times this year (Dub, Remax challenge), he a much better playmaker than people give him credit for. Sure he might not finish that well, but he'll sure give Crosby and Bergeron the opportunities to. Colliton's a guy that will go in the corner and take a hit to make a pass, not to mention he's got great defensive abilities. I think it's a good fit for Crosby and Bergeron, I'm excited to see them play together. I think they'll surprise a lot of people.

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
theo6060 said:
The Score reported the lines as being:
Ladd-Carter-Getzlaf
Crosby-Bergeron-Colliton
Dawes-Richards-Stewart
MacArthur-Dixon-Fraser
Perry

Now, I dont' know about anyone else, but I am losing my mind with Sutter. How can you have Perry as your 13th forward? How can you have that as your 2nd line as opposed to top line? Who is Clarke MacArthur and why did he make this team instead of Eric Fehr? I'm not even touching the topic of Fraser making the team given his junior team... Green didnt make it, Nastiuk and Dubnyk gone...... And all the players not even asked to camp. I hate to say it, but I hope we lose this year because I am disgusted with the way they ran this team.

link?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Big Deaner said:

Crosby and Bergeron can't play defense worth a plugged nickel ..

Colliton role is to make up for their defensive deficiencies, and adding Perry just makes the situation worse ... Sutter knows what he is doing .. Perry will get PP time and be the 13th forward ...

TML

Dec 13, 2003
Hamilton
Who is Canada's starter? Glass or Beuchemin? Will they be rotating them?

Thanks in advance.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
The Messenger said:
Crosby and Bergeron can't play defense worth a plugged nickel ..

Colliton role is to make up for their defensive deficiencies, and adding Perry just makes the situation worse ... Sutter knows what he is doing .. Perry will get PP time and be the 13th forward ...

Defensive deficiencies? Crosby is way above average on defense and Bergeron is above average on defense in the... NHL! So I don't think that Sutter made a good decision, Perry should be their linemate!

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
DanyHeatley#1Fan said:
Defensive deficiencies? Crosby is way above average on defense and Bergeron is above average on defense in the... NHL! So I don't think that Sutter made a good decision, Perry should be their linemate!

Crosby is above average in the weak Q but at WJC? probably but i´m not sure. Bergeron is average in the nhl but not above!! imao :lol

Vic Rattlehead*

Wow, people are underrating Bergeron defensively. He is pretty good defensively and played very well last year in defence situations. Oh I see, people need to watch him more, that must be it.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
DanyHeatley#1Fan said:

DIDO :bow:

So Perry's 3 highlight reel goals get him a 13th forward spot on the team :dunno:

And Sutter or Mackansey said he'd have to prove he could make the top 2 lines to make the team. He proved he could be on the top 2 lines easily, so why is he 13th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->