Team Canada Intersquad Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Bob McKenzie said Burns scored 3 times and Perry and Getzlaf really stood out. Crosby didnt get any points but he said he didnt look out of place. Fleury didnt play. He also said that the backup spot will probably be between Harding and Deslauriers.

Did anyone else go and watch it?

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
I saw the first two periods, then had to leave. The lines as best I can recall were:

Burns, Richards,Getzlaf
Brent,Colliton, Talbot
Paille, Brodziak, Bernier
Fehr, Crosby,Tambellini
Henrich,Perry, Courchaine
Dawes, Carter, Stewart

I'm missing a few (sorry!) - the lines were shifting quite a bit as well.

As far as defensemen, Phaneuf/Swanson looked amazing! Belle was paired with Benoit - sorry, can't remember the rest!

Gervais left the game with either an injured knee or ankle - Phaneuf was moved from Team Red to Team White after the first period. Seabrook was then paired with Swanson.

Carter scored, Perry scored on a penalty shot, Meech scored on a giveaway in front of the net.

Crosby looked like he belonged - no question he's on the team. If Tambellini continues to play like he did tonight, he's also on the team.

I'm glad I don't have to make the cuts....... the team looks very good!

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Bob McKenzie said Getzlaf and Perry stood out. That's good.

And out of the back-ups, I'm standing by Harding. Fleury or no Fleury, I think Harding could've been amazing in net for Canada. JDD will give him competition, but I think his view is that it's between him and Ward, being from the Dub and all.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
leafssuck said:
Was it just individual hard work/talent form these two or was it chemistry? If it was chemistry, did Fehr fit in well?
That line played very well together -- all three individually played well, and they fit together very nicely. By their 3rd shift, they were a good unit. Crosby was ahead of the play and waiting for a pass early in the game. Tambellini was all over the ice - I had never seen him play, but his speed is outstanding.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
How did Meech look today? I know he scored a goal but did he play well. What do you think his chances are for making the team?

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
surixon said:
How did Meech look today? I know he scored a goal but did he play well. What do you think his chances are for making the team?
He didn't make any big mistakes that I saw, but I honestly didn't watch him a lot. I'll keep a better eye on him on Sunday and I can let you know then. I'm not sure who he was paired with - sorry.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Charlie_Girl49 said:
He didn't make any big mistakes that I saw, but I honestly didn't watch him a lot. I'll keep a better eye on him on Sunday and I can let you know then. I'm not sure who he was paired with - sorry.
Thanks

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
There had to be 750 people there for an intersquad game - pretty much indicates the excitement that Crosby generates. Can't wait to see him again Sunday/Monday against the OUA all-star team.

Dr. Penguino

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
To be honest with you Crosby didn't impress me that much...I guess my expectations were extremely high. He did take the body, and considering he is 16, didnt look out of place. But I didnt see that offensive flair that I was anticipating (however I did only stay through the first two periods as well). Did Talbot or Dixon do anything exciting in the third?

ajsonor

Jun 11, 2003
Orlando, FL
Visit site
What is Dan Paille looking like? As one of the few returning players, what is expected of him this year, will he be charged with stopping the oppositions top line similar to Derek Roy last year, or will he be cast in a scorer's role?

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
Charlie_Girl49 said:
There had to be 750 people there for an intersquad game - pretty much indicates the excitement that Crosby generates. Can't wait to see him again Sunday/Monday against the OUA all-star team.

gee- do you think maybe a few came to see someone other than Crosby - like maybe Fleury who is actually getting more press this time round?

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
gb701 said:
gee- do you think maybe a few came to see someone other than Crosby - like maybe Fleury who is actually getting more press this time round?
Fleury didn't play did he?

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
gb701 said:

Yes 8 came to watch Fleury (even though he didn't play) and another 48 came to watch some others. So less tan 700 came to watch Sid and 17 of them said they still would have come to watch anyway just for fun!

Seriously though, any news on the cuts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->