Dec 19, 2002
Manitoba
Visit site
In regard to La-La-Laprise's call for defense, here's my picks:

PHANEUF-WEBER
COBURN-SYVRET
BELLE-SEABROOK
PICARD

I have to say that the seventh spot is still wide open for me and I'll check out the highlights tonight to see how it goes, but for now Picard gets the nod...

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
How did Stefan Meyer look?

Thanks

Also, Anthony Stewart was unreal in an exhitbition game I saw in FLA last preseason. He is so so so so fast and he was on the 4th line with guys who were terrible and he still managed to drive to the net and set up a Darcy Hordichuk goal. If he plays with great linemates at the WJC, he will dominate and could be Canada's best player.

FLA has not many ppl at the WJC with Olesz, Stewart, and then Lojek going and maybe Tuma, but Olesz and Stewart are both huge leaders on their teams.

Stewart is gonna be great at the WJC. Don't worry. Plus he hit everything that moved in that preseason game and was as good or better than Horton.

Steelerman

Dec 19, 2002
Manitoba
Visit site
I've always liked Stewart, but I thought he was holding back something last night (I think that could be said for a lot of them under the circumstances). He's got the goods and I've seen him play before with the passion you've talked about. Meyer and Stewart looked okay, but they really didn't get involved offensively as I had hoped. I don't know if this was just one night trial to seperate one of the best lines at last year's WJC (Dawes-Richards-Stewart), but I hope Sutter will reunite the trio for the exhibition games next week.

Sabes

Feb 27, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
jericholic19 said:
i wasn't greatly impressed with any of the goalies that played today. none of them appear to have solid puck handling skills (and it cost dubnyk the one goal).

That's one of the things that Beauchemin does best for the Raiders. He clears the puck pretty good and he makes the long pass on the PP.

Steelerman

Dec 19, 2002
Manitoba
Visit site
It's all about consistency with Beauchemin. I've seen him a few times on Shaw this year, and he's alternated between excellent and poor. His worst game might have been against Regina when he was pulled after giving up three goals on nine shots (none of them particularly good ones either). He can definitely handle the puck and that would be a plus if he makes it. I'll say this much: if he can hold up tonight and come up with another solid effort, he'll probably make the team. But as I mentioned up above, the two spots are still up for grabs...

Sabes

Feb 27, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
I agree. His consistency sucks. Some games he is absolutely marvellous but then the next night he might let in a soft squeeker. But when he starts to get hot he is unbelieveable. Plus he never gets beat on breakaways, never.

Big Deaner

Mar 6, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Bandwagoner said:
Any insights on how Colliton played?

Apparently good enough to be on the team as he and a bunch of other including Crosby, Dawes, Phaneuf, Webber, Carter, Getzlaf, among others, will sit out tonites game to give the coaches a better look at all those guys on the bubble.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Bandwagoner said:
Any insights on how Colliton played?

Both times I've seen him so far he has been really good. He definitely earned a spot, the guy is flat out a darn good prospect.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
what's the deal with coburn anyways? it seems like every reports i've heard of him lately has been less than flattering...

Sideline

May 23, 2004
nomorekids said:
I think that Phaneuf-Weber pairing could be devastating. I hope to get to see a Canadian game.

Playing against that pair would be would be scary. Both of them are nasty, punishing hitters AND great positionally. :bow:

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Levitate said:
what's the deal with coburn anyways? it seems like every reports i've heard of him lately has been less than flattering...

Those reports predated the draft, even. His size has always been his appeal...in addition to some decent offensive tools and good skating. He's a beanpole and has a reputation for being soft. I hope he can put it together.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
JasonMacIsaac said:
They may....but thats team Canada and not London Knights.

I'm totally 100% with you, I'd take North Dakota, Minnesota, Michigan and Boston College over the London Knights any day of the week. It's no comparison!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->