Extra: Calder

Phaneuf-Bouwmeester
Regher-Foote
Robidas-Dupont
Don't expect and olympians

Jaysfanatic*

Hedberg said:
Wasn't sure. And why keep Dupont then?

I like what I hear from him.......he plays in Europe big ice and such, why not......plus I couldn't think of anyone else so I kept Robidas and Dupont.......although now that I think of it........I'd like Hamhuis and Stuart instead of my last pairing.

espo*

Anyone have any idea who is possibly going to round out our defense? Then games start soon.Are'nt we about 2-3 guys short back there as it stands?

Paxton Fettel

Mar 3, 2006
so is Canada going to try to regain a little bit of respect after the disastrous 7th place in Torino?

ShadowFax

Mar 10, 2004
DTM_17 said:
so is Canada going to try to regain a little bit of respect after the disastrous 7th place in Torino?

Oh the trash talking begins! ;)

Last time i checked Russia didn't get a medal either.. :p:

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
Rivet from the Montreal Canandiens could go, he had a great year and he won the gold once.

Zaddik

thank goodness Auld got picked. the guy is solid in international play and has very good concentration during pressure games. he's a very good goalie and people thinking denis was better than auld... come on.

i find it funny how some people think Auld was the reason for the Canucks missing the playoffs down the stretch. if you watched the games he stood on his head as the players up front allowed quality shots to get at him while he stopped the shots. the man is only human... how many backdoor/high shots can one really stop in a game?

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Zaddik said:
thank goodness Auld got picked. the guy is solid in international play and has very good concentration during pressure games. he's a very good goalie and people thinking denis was better than auld... come on.

i find it funny how some people think Auld was the reason for the Canucks missing the playoffs down the stretch. if you watched the games he stood on his head as the players up front allowed quality shots to get at him while he stopped the shots. the man is only human... how many backdoor/high shots can one really stop in a game?
find me one person who thinks Auld is the reason for the Canucks missing the playoffs?

Zaddik

jtuzzi said:
find me one person who thinks Auld is the reason for the Canucks missing the playoffs?

right, like i'm going to dig thru hundreds of threads just to answer you. get it yourself. there are people out there who thought so.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
As a Pens fan I can not wait to see Crosby and Malkin go head to head. It was just announced that Malkin will be centering Ovechkin on Russia's top line. Any clue if Crosby will be on the top line and who his wings will be?

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
Jaded-Fan said:
As a Pens fan I can not wait to see Crosby and Malkin go head to head. It was just announced that Malkin will be centering Ovechkin on Russia's top line. Any clue if Crosby will be on the top line and who his wings will be?

Bergeron Crosby Boyes.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Mike Cammalleri and Matt Pettinger have been added to the roster but likely won't be there on time to play against Denmark, says TSN.

Alpine

Oct 28, 2005
Moncton, NB
Ya knows, I like that Hockey Canada always has players playing in Europe on WHC teams. They may not be the most popular picks or even the best players available.
But they do show up to wear the Maple Leaf during competions held in Europe during the season. Spenglar, Deutsche etc.
Kudos to Hockey Canada for remembering a few for WHC every year.

luv_canadian_hockey

Jul 1, 2005
Mississauga
Hedberg said:
Brent Seabrook is going as well.

If Dion Phaneuf goes too..that would be one crazy reunion between the World Junior team :yo: I think it's a good idea to send all those young guys because they are Canada's future, and it is good to get them the experience.

Jaysfanatic*

Now lets get:

Jeff Glass, Shawn Belle, Shea Weber, Braydon Cobourn, Dion Phaneuf, Jeremy Colliton, Nigel Dawes, Stephen Dixon, Colin Frazer, and Anthony Stewart.

Unfortunately, Andrew Ladd, Corey Perry, Dany Svyret, Ryan Getzlaf and Clarke MacArthur can't make it.

harper

Feb 4, 2006
is there a way to follow this online? the link at the beginning of this thread doesnt seem to connect to anything like that

ShadowFax

Mar 10, 2004
harper said:
is there a way to follow this online? the link at the beginning of this thread doesnt seem to connect to anything like that

All Canada's games will be televised on TSN.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->