team canada at worlds

wildone26*

If he isnt even invited it is obviously because Hockey Canada feels he is not even good enough to be picked for the World Championships, only 4 months after being picked for the Olympics. It would not be because of an injury when he was healthy enough to play every game since the Olympics, his turning down could be due to an injury yes, but if he is not invited it is because they did not want him. An injury which was not bad enough to keep him from playing 2 straight months of NHL hockey since the Olympics, would not be a reason to not invite him if they really ever wanted him in the first place.

Scharnhorst

Apr 10, 2006
Link?

You have no idea what Hockey Canada is thinking. I am just saying that it is far too early to be jumping to these conclusions. We have absolutely no idea what kind of backroom discussions are going on between Nash and the Jackets and Hockey Canada. My bet would be that they wait for clearance from the Jackets before they extend an official invitation, but I have nothing to really back that up, just like you...

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
wildone26 said:
If he isnt even invited it is obviously because Hockey Canada feels he is not even good enough to be picked for the World Championships, only 4 months after being picked for the Olympics. It would not be because of an injury when he was healthy enough to play every game since the Olympics, his turning down could be due to an injury yes, but if he is not invited it is because they did not want him. An injury which was not bad enough to keep him from playing 2 straight months of NHL hockey since the Olympics, would not be a reason to not invite him if they really ever wanted him in the first place.
This is a recording.

Macman

May 15, 2004
Hockey Canada hasn't said a thing yet about who is or isn't invited, so anything anybody else says until then is just hot air.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Macman said:
Hockey Canada hasn't said a thing yet about who is or isn't invited, so anything anybody else says until then is just hot air.
Crosby said he was already invited, but thats all I've heard so far.

Remax

Sep 24, 2003
Canada
wildone26 said:
Bergeron and Boyes said they were invited Friday as well.

where is the link?

you think people take you seriously around here? You have made 4 or 5 threads on this same topic and most have been locked because they are just you spewing crap out of your mouth, and it is always the same crap, it looks like you just cut and paste your own posts.

Here is what the TSN article says:

"Pittsburgh Penguins rookie Sidney Crosby has already told Hockey Canada officials he'll play, as has Mike Comrie of the Phoenix Coyotes, Kyle Calder of the Chicago Blackhawks and Brad Boyes, Patrice Bergeron and Brad Stuart of the Boston Bruins."

Where in that does it say that they were invited? I certainly don't see it anywhere, I just see them telling Hockey Canada that they will play.

It also says:

"The first official player announcements are expected Monday or Tuesday."

Now it is 11:51 EST Monday night and there still hasn't been a press release from Hockey Canada, so I would say that no one has been officially asked or confirmed to play.

Keep up the B.S. you are slowly working your way onto everyones ignore list.

Hey MOD's isn't there some kind of disciplinary action that should be taken for posting so many rumours without backing them up with links? What about trying to entice other posters (Nash fans) into an arguement? :dunno:

illogic

Apr 12, 2005
wildone26 said:
Actually the fact Hockey Canada has already invited Crosby, Boyes, Bergeron, Comrie, Calder and has not yet invited Nash means they agree with me in that Nash's stock is falling fast. He has gone from being on the Olympic team, and being one of the top 2 or 3 forwards at the stronger "lockout Worlds" to being seen as BELOW the likes of Bergeron, Boyes, Comrie, and Calder. Hockey Canada now obviously feels he is inferior to guys like that, and only good enough to be a possable "late invite" to the World Championships, after being a star at the stronger "lockout Worlds" and being at the Olympics. They obviously now see too how overrated he used to be, and their opinion of him has dropped drasticaly to what it should be.

The fact that anyone could seriously believe that Rick Nash is inferior to Kyle Calder and Mike Comrie makes me shudder.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
What do people think of inviting Colby Armstrong to play on Crosby's wing?

wildone26*

pei fan said:
What do people think of inviting Colby Armstrong to play on Crosby's wing?

No way, Armstrong is not a top two line(presumably Crosby will be on the 1st or 2nd line considering the kind of team they will send)player. Anyway arent Crosby, Bergeron, and Boyes, all playing on a line together already? A TSN article indicated that.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Every year there are surprises of guys left off, choosing not to go, or being added. My best guess:

Goalies:
Roberto Luongo
Alex Auld
Manny Fernandez

Defence:
Jay Bouwmeester
Ed Jovanovski
Adam Foote
Bryan McCabe
Steve McCarthy
Brad Stuart
Brent Seabrook
Derek Morris

Forwards:
Todd Bertuzzi
Brenden Morrison
Anson Carter
Sidney Crosby
Patrice Bergeron
Brad Boyes
Nathan Horton
Marc Savard
Rick Nash
Kyle Calder
Mike Cammalleri
Wes Walz
Pierre-Marc Bouchard
Shane Doan

PanthersFanatic12

Aug 2, 2005
Theres an article on sportsnet site in the hockey section that luongo might say no to the offer to play at the worlds

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
I'm disappointed Tucker is not gonna go so he can rest up. Would have loved to see him there. If the rumours about Luongo not going are true, Aubin should get a shot with his stellar play the last few weeks. He's the hottest of the rest at the moment.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
v-man said:
I'm disappointed Tucker is not gonna go so he can rest up. Would have loved to see him there. If the rumours about Luongo not going are true, Aubin should get a shot with his stellar play the last few weeks. He's the hottest of the rest at the moment.

Not a chance. Aubin hasn't even proven he can be an NHL goalie again for a full season let alone go to the Worlds for Canada. I'd be scared if that happened.

espo*

i wonder if they will just go with the team they pick right off the bat this year or fly guys in after eliminations in the playoffs first round.They've flip-flopped on that over the last few years.Personally,i prefer keeping the same team right from the start method.The only time i really like to fly guys in is when the player is a superstar and there are only so many of them floating around.

Just pick the team and try to build chemistry.Wonder what they'll do this year?

Remax

Sep 24, 2003
Canada
wildone26 said:
No way, Armstrong is not a top two line(presumably Crosby will be on the 1st or 2nd line considering the kind of team they will send)player. Anyway arent Crosby, Bergeron, and Boyes, all playing on a line together already? A TSN article indicated that.

That's nothing but 100% absolute B.S. Where do you get this stuff?

If you are going to keep making up stupid rumours like this, atleast sign up for a free website and create one to look like TSN and write your own article on there, and then give us a link to that. You are getting really annoying, really fast.

Zeato

Mar 26, 2006
Canada
Remax said:
If you are going to keep making up stupid rumours like this, atleast sign up for a free website and create one to look like TSN and write your own article on there, and then give us a link to that. You are getting really annoying, really fast.

:biglaugh:

wildone26*

I would rather see them start Auld then Denis. Auld was very good this year for Vancouver.

illogic

Apr 12, 2005
wildone26 said:
I would rather see them start Auld then Denis. Auld was very good this year for Vancouver.

It's true, he got them into the playof..... oh wait.

As a Vancouver fan I'm happy that Auld made it, but I'd rather see Denis start.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Auld faded down the stretch. Seemed to be tired. Hopefully a Fernandez or a Luongo will commit to this team. I like Auld, I like Denis. But they aren't the types who will win you a World title.

A good start up front. Crosby is coming off one of the best rookie seasons in NHL history and wants to prove he can shine at this level of international play. He might lead the tournament in scoring. Bergeron has a WJC gold medal and a World Championship gold medal. He and Crosby have shone together before at the WJCs. Calder's a strong addition for the third or fourth line. He has won before. I have concerns about Boyes' skating on the big ice surface, but he boasts elite puck sense. Hopefully Comrie decides to play to his potential. One player who I really want to see added is Anson Carter. Three gold medals for his country. (1994 WJC, 1997 and 2003 WCs). He was, for my money, our best player in our surprise win at the 1997 Worlds, and he scored the tournament-winning goal in 2003. He's a completely different player whenever he plays for his country.

Nash and Bouwmeester would make excellent additions. J-Bouw has really got his game on track since the Olympics, and not many players were named top defenceman at the Worlds before their 20th birthday. Nash was a tournament all-star at last year's Worlds. Schultz and Stuart would both be good additions to the blue line. Schultz, in particular, has always elevated his play for Canada. Any word on Eric Brewer?

There's no bloody way Rick Nash is behind Mike Comrie on our depth chart. Period. Think about it for two seconds. There's a very common sense reason for this. Nash played for Canada at the Olympics. Very few players who played at the Olympics will play at the Worlds, because of the rigours of the long NHL season and the Olys. Very, very few players played at both the Olys and the Worlds in 1998 and 2002. Nash was not impressive at the Olys, but he was an all-star at the Worlds last year. He's battled injuries all year, too. Canada probably didn't think he'd be made available for this tournament. If he's available, he'll be there, and he'll be Crosby's first line left winger. Could it be that the Columbus paper had their facts wrong? The story also doesn't mention how many players were in the first round of invites.

Some posters need to learn to give credit where it is due.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad