team canada at worlds

wildone26*

Bergeron, Stuart, Crosby, and Boyes were all invited before Nash, this should make the Nash fanatics eat some humble pie.

wildone26*

SwisshockeyAcademy said:
Is Rick Nash on it?

No he was not invited. He is not a certain invite, they have to wait to see who loses in the first round of the playoffs and who is available before inviting him. He is only a possable invited depending who is available after the first round of the playoffs. Crosby, Bergeron, and Boyes are certain invites. They were all invited before Nash. They did not feel there was "any room" for Nash to be a certain invite, which is why they did not invite him. He has to wait and see if there will be any room for him after the first round of the playoffs if over.

Zeato

Mar 26, 2006
Canada
wildone26 said:
No he was not invited. He is not a certain invite, they have to wait to see who loses in the first round of the playoffs and who is available before inviting him. He is only a possable invited depending who is available after the first round of the playoffs. Crosby, Bergeron, and Boyes are certain invites. They were all invited before Nash. They did not feel there was "any room" for Nash to be a certain invite, which is why they did not invite him. He has to wait and see if there will be any room for him after the first round of the playoffs if over.

Dude I think you're confusing guys that have confirmed that they'll play with guys who have been invited. Just because Nash hasn't confirmed doesn't mean he hasn't been invited. Please post a link to where you found out that Nash wasn't invited.

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
GordieHoweHattrick said:
Dude I think you're confusing guys that have confirmed that they'll play with guys who have been invited. Just because Nash hasn't confirmed doesn't mean he hasn't been invited. Please post a link to where you found out that Nash wasn't invited.

He can't because no such link exists. These are just random ramblings from some kid who has the week off school and is killing time. Just put him on your ignore list.

If Nash is healthy, he is a lock to go.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
El_Scoobo said:
As stated in the TSN article, he is interested in going but would have to be cleared by team (Columbus) doctors before going.
I know. I am here trying to make a mockery of all three threads covering the same subject. Not only are they covering the same subject but it is a pile of bibble babble to boot. This kid obviously has a tremendous hate for Nash, makes me think he snubbed him at Koo Koo bananas or something. Nash will be a part of Canada if healthy so who will break the news to wildone? It will no doubt devestate him.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
as a jackets fan, i hope the team doesnt let him go. hes so important to us. i understand wanting to play for your country and normally im all for it. but this year, for this tourny, for a player who an organization desperately needs, i hope he doesnt go

bizzz*

RDriesen16 said:
as a jackets fan, i hope the team doesnt let him go. hes so important to us. i understand wanting to play for your country and normally im all for it. but this year, for this tourny, for a player who an organization desperately needs, i hope he doesnt go
As a Jackets fan I hope he will go and score more goals than anybody else. Any experience is important and winning something for the national team would give him a bit of confidence.

Ironchef Chris Wok*

Bryan McCabe shoudl have his passport taken away so he can't join the team.

wildone26*

http://www.dispatch.com/bluejackets/bluejackets.php?story=dispatch/2006/04/15/20060415-E4-01.html

Here is the link. He was NOT on the first group of invites. It shows how far he has dropped down in Hockey Canada's eyes that Boyes, Bergeron, Comrie, and Calder were ALL asked before him. After going to the Olympics he is even below those people. That means he is unlikely to be invited at all, since the remaining players will probably be chosen from the first group of players eliminated from the playoffs.

If he is invited it will only be because so many people turned down after losing in the first round of the playoffs that "there was room for him" as a spare player. Of course players like Bergeron, Boyes, Crosby, Calder, and Comrie get asked right away because they are superior to Nash.

Last edited by a moderator:

wildone26*

Columbia Dispatch said:
Rick Nash wants to play for Team Canada in the World Championships, but there are hurdles to be cleared before the Blue Jackets left winger heads overseas.

First, Canada hasn’t invited him

Hahhaaa, he was not invited in the first round of invites. Apparenly there is no room for him when superior players like Crosby, Bergeron, Boyes, Moreau, and Calder are all available.

wildone26*

12# Peter Bondra said:
http://www.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/news_story.asp?id=162765.

I dont think they invited him yet cause they just forgot.

Are you joking? You honestly think they just "forget" a player they were meaning to invite. Sorry that is hard to believe.

This TSN article says that he was invited but still hasnt made a decision due to his injury.

The TSN does NOT say he was invited in those exact words. It says he wants to play but might not be healthy enough to play. It does not actually say for fact he was invited.

zBearcat

Mar 20, 2006
Calgary
Well there is a simple reason, they're inviting their forwards in alphabetical order. :sarcasm:

Bergeron, Boyes, Comrie, Crosby, etc...

wildone26*

Actually the fact Hockey Canada has already invited Crosby, Boyes, Bergeron, Comrie, Calder and has not yet invited Nash means they agree with me in that Nash's stock is falling fast. He has gone from being on the Olympic team, and being one of the top 2 or 3 forwards at the stronger "lockout Worlds" to being seen as BELOW the likes of Bergeron, Boyes, Comrie, and Calder. Hockey Canada now obviously feels he is inferior to guys like that, and only good enough to be a possable "late invite" to the World Championships, after being a star at the stronger "lockout Worlds" and being at the Olympics. They obviously now see too how overrated he used to be, and their opinion of him has dropped drasticaly to what it should be.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
wildone26 said:
Actually the fact Hockey Canada has already invited Crosby, Boyes, Bergeron, Comrie, Calder and has not yet invited Nash means they agree with me in that Nash's stock is falling fast. He has gone from being on the Olympic team, and being one of the top 2 or 3 forwards at the stronger "lockout Worlds" to being seen as BELOW the likes of Bergeron, Boyes, Comrie, and Calder. Hockey Canada now obviously feels he is inferior to guys like that, and only good enough to be a possable "late invite" to the World Championships, after being a star at the stronger "lockout Worlds" and being at the Olympics. They obviously now see too how overrated he used to be, and their opinion of him has dropped drasticaly to what it should be.
I find you amazing. I admire your ability to post the same thing over and over and talk yourself into believing what you are posting. A career in politics is beckoning.

wildone26*

SwisshockeyAcademy said:
I find you amazing. I admire your ability to post the same thing over and over and talk yourself into believing what you are posting. A career in politics is beckoning.

Even if that was not meant as a compliment I take it as one. Thanks. :yo:
Also politicians might be phony b-----ds but they do make alot of money.

Scharnhorst

Apr 10, 2006
Kid, how old are you???

I think we are all a bit confused as to whether or not Nash has been officially invited. Perhaps the invitation is pending the physical. And on top of that, even if Nash isn't invited, we all have no idea why he wasn't. Your link shows almost next to nothing, yet you are determined to attribute it to the fact that Hockey Canada feels Nash is "inferior". The fact is that we have received very little information regarding roster selections for the Worlds, and that you are merely jumping to conclusions to support your hatred for Rick Nash.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad