OT: Team Canada Announces Olympic Roster (Many Former Oiler Greats)

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
I won't watch out of principle.

If enough people watch, and go to the games, then that means that no nhl players if ok (and its not) for both the IIHF and NHL.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
I cant even pretend to be interested in watching a bum vs bum tourney. the world jr team could beat this team.

Sorry to be that guy, but I actually wouldn't put too much money down on that. Canada's Juniors regularly lose to CIS / University teams.
Despite their overwhelming talent, the U-20s are still kids after all.

Reactions: Dempsey

flamesftw

Jan 12, 2018
Scrivens hahaha this should be fun to watch. Guys like Bourque and Raymond are going to have to lead things

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Win it for Wolski!

Great story of him coming back after his neck injury, and now making Team Canada. Should be a guy for the team to rally around if need be.

Reactions: AM

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I’ll watch the Gold medal game if Canada makes it. Scrivens was a good Oiler, there’s no shame in cheering for him to do well.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Would be nice to see some of these guys get some gold. Would be their only chance.

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
How about you dont watch NHL instead.

That makes zero sense, but ya ... I'll keep watching nhl, thx.

If you want to support the nhl and the IIHF/IOC in their decision making in not having the best player play ... ya sure ... go ahead ... watch washouts play hockey. Its not representative of the best of the best for each country, but hey, fun right? :thumbd:

I hope they win, but I won't support this decision by watching. If the viewership sucks there not going to continue doing it, and I'd bet a greater push for them to work something out next round. If not, scrub it, no different than Spengler Cup anyways. Think about it.

but hey, to each their own, just explaining why I won't. Your obviously entitled to do whatever you want.

Last edited:

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
The interesting thing I wonder about this tournament is whether some of these guys earn a second chance with all eyes on them. I'll be watching it pretty intently.

Even with nhl players no one was going to watch anyways because of the time difference lol

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
This is actually going to be great, I don't even care. Mighty Ducks 4 will come outta this just you wait.
Bombay is going to make an appearance at some point.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Will love cheering for underdog Canada, probably even more so than cheering for powerhouse Canada tbh.

Reactions: phrenssoa

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
I won't watch out of principle.

If enough people watch, and go to the games, then that means that no nhl players if ok (and its not) for both the IIHF and NHL.

The NHL had every opportunity to go, man.
Enjoy the games as they are, as was meant to be so many eons ago.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Lander and Omark make Team Sweden. Hartikainen's a shoe in for Finland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad