2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
That's a nice batch of talent. A bit more NCAA representation this go around:

Sigalet
Cogliano
Bertram
O'Neill

I'll be interested to see how may of the returning players (such as Crosby and Barker) are released by their NHL clubs.

* On a related note, the U.S. releases their evaluation camp roster in mid June.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
MS said:
Is this official?

Andy Rogers and Logan Stephenson over Mike Card would be some pretty lousy selection.

By no means is this official. The summer camp should be named by mid to late June by Hockey Canada and these are some of the guys that could be on that list.

Mike Card could very well be named to the summer camp and it wouldn't surprise me. I actually thought of putting him down as the D were the hardest to fill out. Myself, I'm not totally comfortable with either Rogers or Stephenson, but they have been invited before to these camps or the World Championships.

As I've stated before, this Team Canada could have a very strong 1987 flavour to it, as you can see from most of my camp predictions. The 1987 year is very, very deep in Canada and will make up most of Team Canada for the next couple of years.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Spectacular_Bid said:
Is there any chances that Crosby will play again this year?? I would almost think not.

If there is an NHL season, then it can be written in stone he will absolutely not be there! If there is no NHL and he is playing in the AHL or something, then we may see him there.

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
personally, i think any lineup comprised of that list will get hammered by the US and Finland this year, and if there is NHL (sans replacements) there will be no crosby, and maybe no barker (AHL?). not taking anything away from these guys, i just think canada will be weak this year compared to those two teams and may even have a tough battle to get the bronze.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Canada's group of 1987s is almost as strong as its 1985s, with or without Crosby. There are a lot of talented players. Gilbert Brule is a franchise forward. The 1986s aren't that strong, but we were one choke job away from winning gold in 2004 with a weak group of 1984s and a strong group of 1985s.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
MrMastodonFarm said:
Kris Chucko will be on the invite list.

Chucko definitely has a chance to be on the invite list. Personally, I don't know how he progressed last year in the NCAA, but being a 1st rounder last year, he will get alot of consideration. It could be a record for the number of invites from US college hockey.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
'86 is a bit of a weak year, but '87 looks like another '85 year for Canadian talent, with studs like Crosby and Brule down the middle....

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
I dont think 87s are very close to being as good as the 85s. They will be better than the 84s but Id say its like this.

85's
-----
87's
----
----
86's

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
jtuzzi21 said:
'86 is a bit of a weak year, but '87 looks like another '85 year for Canadian talent, with studs like Crosby and Brule down the middle....

1986 is definitely an off year compared to the '85's and '87's.

Compare Bergeron, Carter, Perry, Getzlaf, Stewart, Dawes, Richards, Phaneuf, Seabrook and co. to Crosby, Brule, Little, Latendresse, Cogliano, O'Marra, Bourdon, Staal, Price and co. and they start to match up pretty evenly. And thinking back I don't remember hearing too much about guys like Bergeron or Weber back in their respective 17/18 yr old years. I'm sure the '87's will have 1 or 2 guys like that pop up and surprise in a year or two.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
HabLover said:
Chucko definitely has a chance to be on the invite list. Personally, I don't know how he progressed last year in the NCAA, but being a 1st rounder last year, he will get alot of consideration. It could be a record for the number of invites from US college hockey.

This really isn't the thread for this, but I'll ask the question anyway: How much do you follow NCAA hockey?

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Aaron Vickers said:
Ladd is too old for the team.

The only eligible returnees are Barker and Crosby.

Has an official time and date been set for the camp?

A couple of weeks from now they said on TSN today. The roster is usually released in mid June.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
This really isn't the thread for this, but I'll ask the question anyway: How much do you follow NCAA hockey?

I follow all types of hockey, whether it's major junior to junior A, NCAA or midget hockey in Canada. Now how much NCAA hockey do I get to watch, well....this year I was able to sit down for about 4 games. From my area the WHL is what I get to see the most of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad