TEAM CANADA 2006 Olympic Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Who do you think will be on team Canada for the next Olympics in 2 years if NHL players are on the team?

my picks:
forwards:
Thornton, Lecavlier, Spezza, Heatley, Gagne, Bertuzzi, Nash, Iggy, Richards

Def:
boumeester, stuart, mccabe, nedermayer, hamhuis, regher

Goal:
Luongo, Theodore, Brodeur

I know theres many more names but i can't think of them right now

kacz

Jul 1, 2003
www.youtube.com
Hopefully NHL players will be released from there teams in order to compete at the Olympic Games. This decision is still in the air...

But in 2 years time I think MA Fleury should be on the team.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
that's only 2 years away, so a lot of veterans will still be around. chris pronger is a lock, redden too probably. and i think sakic will be there as "the old guy"...but hell he could still be great 2 years from now

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
if lemieux still has legs and a back, i think he'll stay around to make that his last hurrah as well

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Zherdev said:
But in 2 years time I think MA Fleury should be on the team.

Keep dreaming. Look how long it took for Luongo to get onto Team Canada. Fleury will be lucky if he is even a full time starter with the Penguins in 2 years.

Vic Rattlehead*

trahans99 said:
Who do you think will be on team Canada for the next Olympics in 2 years if NHL players are on the team?

my picks:
forwards:
Thornton, Lecavlier [It's Lecavalier] , Spezza, Heatley, Gagne, Bertuzzi, Nash, Iggy, Richards

Def:
boumeester [Bouwmeester[ , stuart, mccabe, nedermayer [Niedermayer] , hamhuis, regher [Regehr]

Goal:
Luongo, Theodore, Brodeur

I know theres many more names but i can't think of them right now
Ummm, where is Pronger, Jovanovski, and Redden? Hamhuis should not be on the team in two years, because Pronger, Jovanovski, and Redden are all ahead of him.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
I hope they will be competing. If not there is likel to be another World Cup in 2008 I would think.

This may be a darkhorse but they may add Sidney Crosby b then. He'll be a rookie with only half a season under his belt. But to think they had Lindros in 1991 when he hadnt played an NHL game yet.

Its tough to say. Nash, Thornton, Lecavalier, Richards, Heatley, Marleau will all still be very young. They are all either stars or superstars already so all I can say is look out world!

cstu

May 6, 2004
If Tanguay can keep doing what he did last season, he should be there too.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
How about the potential defence by then of Pronger, Blake, Niedermayer, Jovo, Redden, Bouwmeester as your top six? Wow. Reminds me of 1976.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Cheechoo maybe. Not Ryder though. Look at the right side of Canada. Iginla, Heatley, Bertuzzi, (soon enough), even Doan and Murray are ahead of Ryder. I just dont see it with him. He's good, but much like Ribeiro I dont see them doing well against the best competition in the World.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->