Team Canada 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrisKing*

dakdak said:
I thought the question was how good team Canada-B whould do in the Olympics?

They whould not be competative at all and whould not make the quaterfinals.

I'd say ALL the other big-7 countries team-B's whould have a bigger shot than Canadas...

Sure, they have good players who can perform good in the NHL, but on big ice they're not contenders for the Olympic Gold.

Please stop this madness... :shakehead

This guy is a genius. 2002 was nothing but a fluke, and everyone who said that Canada has the most depth and talent in the world was clearly proved wrong by this years olympics. The fact that it's an incredibly short tournament where anything can happen, and one loss will knock you out of the medal round means nothing.

Seriously, Canada's B team would have just as good a chance of winning a medal as any other team in the tournament. Over the course of an 82 game season and Stanley Cup style playoffs, I'd have to say that Canada's A team would be in a higher class along with sweden and russia.

Kesler Kills Kommies

Dec 6, 2004
KrisKing said:
This guy is a genius. 2002 was nothing but a fluke, and everyone who said that Canada has the most depth and talent in the world was clearly proved wrong by this years olympics. The fact that it's an incredibly short tournament where anything can happen, and one loss will knock you out of the medal round means nothing.

Seriously, Canada's B team would have just as good a chance of winning a medal as any other team in the tournament. Over the course of an 82 game season and Stanley Cup style playoffs, I'd have to say that Canada's A team would be in a higher class along with sweden and russia.
this year we suck, but 2002 is definiately not a fluke
first, we have mario and yzerman in 2002, which brings tons of experience and heart to the team that we dont have nw
second, big players like iginla and bertuzzi didnt struggle like they did in 2002
third, defense is way weaker this year withtout scott steven (i forget if he is in the team 2002), scott

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
dakdak said:
Canadas A-Team can't beat Switzerland. How can you guys believe Canadas B-Team whould be better than Switzerland? Who is the ones living in an abstract world? you Canadians make me laugh :biglaugh:

Well, it comforts me to know that despite losing one tournament, we still have one more best-on-best tournaments than every other nation in the world combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->