Team Canada 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

feds91

May 17, 2004
People on t.v. have said that Canada could field 4 or 5 competitive teams for the Olympics. I don't know about that, but what if Canada was aloud to field a second squad, what would it look like? Mine would resemble this:

forwards:
Tanguay, Savard, Marleau, Spezza, Cheechoo, Crosby, Horcoff, Stillman, Bergeron, Morrow, Sullivan, Brind'Amour, Murray
D:
Hannan, Boyle, Phaneuf, Boucher, Bergeron, Van Ryn, Desjardins
Goal:
Belfour, Theodore, Giguere
(I know Theo and Belfour are having bad years, but people seem to forgot how great they were the past few seasons.)
:teach:

what do you think?

Zell_Rocks

Dec 13, 2005
Centre of Universe
My Canada 2 squad would look like this...

Tanguay-Staal-Cheechoo
Kariya-Savard-Marleau
Crosby-Spezza- P.Bergeron (Kid Line)
Tucker-Brind'Amour-Stillman
Horcoff

Boyle-Phaneuf
Stuart-MA. Bergeron
Smith-Hannan
Desjardins

Legace
Fernandez
Giguere

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
Both teams would be successful if the lineups were balanced. You can't stock up one and have the second full of scraps.

Last edited:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
If you hypothetically fielded a second team wouldn't it include half of the current team. Spreading the talent evenly among two teams.

Coffee and 7's*

That team whould not be as good as Chech, Russia, Finland, Slovakia, USA, Switzerland and Germany

High flyin' Habs*

dakdak said:
That team whould not be as good as Chech, Russia, Finland, Slovakia, USA, Switzerland and Germany
Not better than Switzerland and Germany? Are you kidding? lol

shawn_kemp*

!!! IMPORTANT !!!

READ THIS :

Why do we have this "Team Canada 2/B" thread every week???

Maybe there should be a sticky or something? :help:

Forever27

Aug 20, 2005
feds91 said:
People on t.v. have said that Canada could field 4 or 5 competitive teams for the Olympics. I don't know about that, but what if Canada was aloud to field a second squad, what would it look like? Mine would resemble this:

forwards:
Tanguay, Savard, Marleau, Spezza, Cheechoo, Crosby, Horcoff, Stillman, Bergeron, Morrow, Sullivan, Brind'Amour, Murray
D:
Hannan, Boyle, Phaneuf, Boucher, Bergeron, Van Ryn, Desjardins
Goal:
Belfour, Theodore, Giguere
(I know Theo and Belfour are having bad years, but people seem to forgot how great they were the past few seasons.)
:teach:

what do you think?

I would definately want Kariya and Shanahan on my team. Still productive and a veteran presence with plenty of international experience.

I'd also put Staal on my team for sure. And I'd bring Fernandez in instead of Belfour or Giguere. Say what you want about him playing on the wild in a defensive system, hes frusturatingly good at making miraculous saves.

And this is from a Canucks fan too.

Jyroe Habs Fan

Aug 23, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Tanguay-Staal-Cheechoo
Recchi - Horcoff- RYDER
Kariya-Savard-Marleau

Extra Brinda'mour

SOURAY - Hannan
Boyle-Phaneuf
Stuart-MA. Bergeron
Extra Rivet

Theodore
Joseph

Souray was on Canada's A team in the World Cup last year, he would be there and Ryder who is on pace for 35goals would the snipers touch.
No diving Mother Tucker for me. :biglaugh:

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
My Team Canada B Team would be as follows (I'm not counting players on the Taxi Squad, injured players or those left off the 81-man long list from October).

G:
Joseph
Belfour
Theodore (If Theo's ineligible, go with Cam Ward).
D:
D. Phaneuf-Stuart
McLaren-Hannan
Phillips-Jackman
DesJardins
(Brewer is out for the season, thus isn't on my team).

F:
A. Tanguay-S. Crosby-P. Marleau
P. Kariya-M. Savard-M. Recchi
B. Shanahan-J. Arnott-S. Sullivan
B. Morrow-J. Madden-R. Niedermayer
S. Horcoff

Taxi: N. Boynton, P. Bergeron, J. Lupul

Canada's B Team would likely be good enough to finish third or fourth in their pool. They would need their goalie to steal them a game to reach the semi-final and have a chance at playing for a medal. A lot of talent up front, in fact, there's lots of talent up front for the third team. But in goal and on defence, the third team, based on the long list, would struggle.

Zell_Rocks

Dec 13, 2005
Centre of Universe
Jyroe Habs Fan said:
Tanguay-Staal-Cheechoo
Recchi - Horcoff- RYDER
Kariya-Savard-Marleau

Extra Brinda'mour

SOURAY - Hannan
Boyle-Phaneuf
Stuart-MA. Bergeron
Extra Rivet

Theodore
Joseph

Souray was on Canada's A team in the World Cup last year, he would be there and Ryder who is on pace for 35goals would the snipers touch.
No diving Mother Tucker for me. :biglaugh:
Something tells me that you are a habs fan, no?

Souray? :biglaugh:
Ryder? :biglaugh:
Rivet? :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
Theodore? :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Zell_Rocks said:

Theodore? :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

You can say that again, none of those guys would be on the team.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Zell_Rocks said:

Come on, please no posts like this, us Habs fans tends to lose credibility...

On these four only Ryder would be somewhat deserving, and again it would be something of a judgement call.

leafnation67

Jan 27, 2006
Aurora, Ontario
dakdak said:

:biglaugh: lol not better than the finns, americans, swiss, or germans!? maybe not quite as good as the czechs, russians, or maybe the slovaks... maybe but that team would absolutely crush those other teams, and any other countries 2nd team i might add

Coffee and 7's*

leafnation67 said:
:biglaugh: lol not better than the finns, americans, swiss, or germans!? maybe not quite as good as the czechs, russians, or maybe the slovaks... maybe but that team would absolutely crush those other teams, and any other countries 2nd team i might add

No way, keep on dreaming...

KariyaIsGod*

dakdak said:
No way, keep on dreaming...

It's quite apparent that you are living in an abstract reality if you don't think that team would beat the Swiss or the Germans... :biglaugh:

Can you say European bias?

Coffee and 7's*

DrMoses said:
It's quite apparent that you are living in an abstract reality if you don't think that team would beat the Swiss or the Germans... :biglaugh:

Can you say European bias?

I'm not being biased. It's you Canadians who are being biased...seriously your "team 2" whould struggle against italy.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
dakdak said:
I'm not being biased. It's you Canadians who are being biased...seriously your "team 2" whould struggle against italy.

Right, because while non the Italians mad the NHL, team Canada 2 has about 8 of the top 30 point getters, and 8 of the top 30 goal scorers, along with one the best up and coming defense in the world.

But no, you're right, you clearly have a grasp on the game.

Coffee and 7's*

therealdeal said:
Right, because while non the Italians mad the NHL, team Canada 2 has about 8 of the top 30 point getters, and 8 of the top 30 goal scorers, along with one the best up and coming defense in the world.

But no, you're right, you clearly have a grasp on the game.

How many top "point getters" in the NHL did the swiss have when they beat the chechs? it whould crack me up if switzerland beat canada(team 1/A) too.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
dakdak said:
How many top "point getters" in the NHL did the swiss have when they beat the chechs? it whould crack me up if switzerland beat canada(team 1/A) too.

Yeah, I guess you're right, the Swiss are far better than the Czechs, I'm sure they just didn't catch the Czechs off guard.

No you definetly know you're stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->