Team 2010's vs Team 2000's: What team is better

What team?

• Total voters

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
What prompted you to pick these players They are an odd selection to be sure.

But nevertheless, here's how I see it:

Prime Ovechkin >>>> Laine
Prime Crosby > McDavid
Today Filatov <<<< Kucherov
Prime Green >> Provorov
Today Karlsson >>> Jones
Today Montoya <<< Murray

For me, this comes down prime Ovechkin being such a massive upgrade over Laine (Laine might make it closer but as is, he's not Art/Hart/Lindsay/Rocket player), Crosby being slightly better than McDavid and Karlsson being much, much better than Jones.

Team 2000's rather easily, even though the options are weird AF.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
With Crosby and Ovechkin on the same line, all the third forward would need to do is forecheck hard and go to the net. I’m not kidding. It doesn’t matter who you put with them, as long as they can actually play hockey. Those other two are going to lead the way.

That’s before you throw Karlsson out there with them, because now they have a dominant puck mover and guy they can outlet to on the point to create offense too. Plus Green at his best was a monster threat with his shot.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Are we talking about Al Montoya, the back up of the MTL Canadiens? If so, why? And secondly why are these the players picked? Shouldn't it be the best players of said decade, not just a random throw together team that has no rime or reason to it. Nikita Filatov? Really?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->