TEAM 1200 in Ottawa latest to talk about players revolt

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
Tekneek said:
This whole time I've been wondering why the majority of the players (who make less than the average salary, because the median salary is several thousand dollars below the average) are letting the big money guys drag them along and into potential financial ruin. The guys who can least afford this sort of situation are being held captive by the highest earners. Surely they would begin to question if their loyalty has been misplaced.

because a lot of unions work like the mafia. they manipulate the little guy using fear and power.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
The players should have been allowed to vote on the 'final offer'.

If it was a bad deal they would have turned it down but are the heads of the NHLPA afraid that it would be accepted?

ladybugblue

May 5, 2004
Edmonton, AB
Chili said:
The players should have been allowed to vote on the 'final offer'.

If it was a bad deal they would have turned it down but are the heads of the NHLPA afraid that it would be accepted?
I agree they should have a least voted and find out where the players stand.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
PeterSidorkiewicz said:
You Do realise it was EKLUND on the Team1200 who said that there were 450 players ready to revolt right?

No, AFAIR that figure was actually coming from a writer in Arizona... There was a link to his article that stated some players were exploring legal-options to accept the NHLs offer in this topic!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
CaptainShark said:
No, AFAIR that figure was actually coming from a writer in Arizona... There was a link to his article that stated some players were exploring legal-options to accept the NHLs offer in this topic!

A hockey writer from Arizona?

I thought Eklund said he lived in Philadelphia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad