Confirmed Trade: [TBL/NYR] R. McDonagh, J. Miller for V. Namestnikov, B. Howden, L. Hajek, 2018 1st, c. 1st/2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Definitely not, very few players are locks to be a top 4D at his age and he's proven nothing at a level worthy of enough to have that type of projection right now.

Eh, as far as prospects go he's a safe bet. WJC play is a good enough level to make those assumptions while projecting prospects

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
do enlighten us, what piece was the robbery part?
Idk maybe it was the first round pick when Evander Kane (assuming he's just rental) got a 2nd and a prospect. Or maybe the addition of a solid NHLer in spooner. Or maybe adding a prospect on top of that. Or having to retain on Beleskey.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Maybe. Haven't watched enough to say. IF Lias Buch and Chyt were in this draft where do you think they'd go?
Both top 10 imo. I think it’s certainly possible Svech or Zadina are better propspects but they’re a year back in development and they’re unknowns. Wouldn’t do a late first and Lias or Chytil to get a maybe slightly better or maybe worse player, just doesn’t make sense imo especially when our pick will be pretty high anyway

Reactions: The S5

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
How did nobody tell me Namestnikov has been American all this time?

Vladdy was born in Russia but moved with his family to the US when he was an infant. He went back to Russia when he was 8 to improve his hockey skills. Was there until drafted by the London Knights in the 2010 OHL draft. Yzerman drafted him in 2012. So the kid plays for Team Russia for international tournaments such as the World Championships in 2017 but is probably the most Americanized Russian in the League.

Please take good care of him. He's an awesome kid with decent talent who will work his butt off for his team. Miss him already. :(

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Both top 10 imo. I think it’s certainly possible Svech or Zadina are better propspects but they’re a year back in development and they’re unknowns. Wouldn’t do a late first and Lias or Chytil to get a maybe slightly better or maybe worse player, just doesn’t make sense imo especially when our pick will be pretty high anyway

Fair enough, I'm thinking of Lias and his lower end offensive upside. Fantastic season for him this year but I'm not convinced he'll be more than a 2/3 line guy. I'd trade that and a late round 1st for Zadina if I'm the NYR and I think he's got that superstar offense potential (and a strong D game to match). Svech I'm not as sure about so i think you're right on not trading up, using Lias or Chyt for Svech.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Fair enough, I'm thinking of Lias and his lower end offensive upside. Fantastic season for him this year but I'm not convinced he'll be more than a 2/3 line guy. I'd trade that and a late round 1st for Zadina if I'm the NYR and I think he's got that superstar offense potential (and a strong D game to match). Svech I'm not as sure about so i think you're right on not trading up, using Lias or Chyt for Svech.
Ultimately I'd lean toward trusting the scouts - if they think Zadina for example is a safe bet to be an entirely different level of player, I'd take their word for it. IMO, Andersson has shown that his offensive upside is higher than many thought. He's real young and putting up AHL points. SEL is one thing, but scoring like he is in the AHL in his post draft year is very impressive imo.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Vladdy was born in Russia but moved with his family to the US when he was an infant. He went back to Russia when he was 8 to improve his hockey skills. Was there until drafted by the London Knights in the 2010 OHL draft. Yzerman drafted him in 2012. So the kid plays for Team Russia for international tournaments such as the World Championships in 2017 but is probably the most Americanized Russian in the League.

Please take good care of him. He's an awesome kid with decent talent who will work his butt off for his team. Miss him already. :(

I heard him in an interview for the first time last night knowing nothing about his history and I was like "Holy English, Batman!"

Den-mother Kreider will look after him :)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

He was very good yesterday

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I heard him in an interview for the first time last night knowing nothing about his history and I was like "Holy English, Batman!"

Den-mother Kreider will look after him :)

Sergachev is pretty ridiculous too. I mean it's not like Nick Lidstrom English where you'd swear he was from the USA but damn I don't catch much Russian when he speaks.

Reactions: Machinehead

Bruin1970

Feb 23, 2018
This smells of Callahan to me. Bolts will sign McD to a big contract and he will slowly disappear. Wayyyy overrated.

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
Common man ! Miller’s a proud man and a good player .. giving efforts every games . He’s worth more than McDonagh IMO

LqOHYDR.jpg

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Honestly, I think that says more about those fans than it does Miller.
Yeah, on one hand some people take it way too far. On the other hand, he does have a lot games where he does nothing but commit terrible turnovers.

When he's on, he's on and he's really good. Just gotta figure out how to keep him in that mindset.

Reactions: klingsor

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Yeah, on one hand some people take it way too far. On the other hand, he does have a lot games where he does nothing but commit terrible turnovers.

When he's on, he's on and he's really good. Just gotta figure out how to keep him in that mindset.

Yeah, there's a reason he's also called Just Turnovers Miller when he's having a off game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad