Confirmed with Link: [TBL/NSH] Lightning reaquire Ryan McDonagh and a 2024 4th rd pick for a 2nd and 7th rd pick

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Couple questions:

1) How much can McD still go? He looked washed when we traded him.

2) If it's Cirelli, how much money does that leave us if Stamkos takes something like 6.5?

3) All of that post Stamkos cap would then go to forwards, right?
1) McD was okay in his time in Nashville, had 32 points last year and still blocks a ton of shots

2) roughly 5m in cap to address some needs, likely see another move as well and maybe rely on the Crunch kids

3) probably more forwards and depth dman unless they go with Crozier/Lilleberg/Carlile

Reactions: DaBolts

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Seems like our options are:
1) Trade Sergachev
2) Trade Cirelli
3) Let Stamkos walk

With the possibility of also moving Jeannot + Sheary to free up cap room. Also not sure where we stand with Perbix after this.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Serge can be put on the right too

Hedman - Raddysh/Sergachev
McDonagh - Cernak
Lilleberg - Raddysh/Sergachev

?

If he could play the right they'd have already done it. He's not comfortable there they've tried so many times since his his sophomore year and the best they could get was a couple added minutes a game on the right to mitigate Rutta/Bogosians ice time.

Also Hedman and Sergachev as pairing just screams defensive mess, they just have way too similar a skillset and weaknesses.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Best case scenario is Stammer and Hedman have teamed up again to take another collective discount to help ice a good team.

Maybe more likely though is Stammer is gone, and this helps bring in a former captain to help with the loss of leadership in the room.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Stamkos: ill sign for cheap if you get Ryan back.

JBB: done
I find this hard to believe since his true besty is Victor. But maybe they were closer than we thought. Or Stammer said he wanted to see improvements on the blueline for him to stay. :dunno:

Best case scenario is Stammer and Hedman have teamed up again to take another collective discount to help ice a good team.

Maybe more likely though is Stammer is gone, and this helps bring in a former captain to help with the loss of leadership in the room.
I have a bad feeling it's the latter

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018

While I agree, I don't like it.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I find this hard to believe since his true besty is Victor. But maybe they were closer than we thought. Or Stammer said he wanted to see improvements on the blueline for him to stay. :dunno:

I have a bad feeling it's the latter

The group of Palat, Stamkos, Johnson, Hedman, McDonagh and Maroon seem pretty close. They all took a vacation together during the all star break despite playing on 5 different teams. Not surprising given they're all around the same age.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Not sure if this makes much sense. Letting Stamkos walk at this point only makes our situation worse. We only have $5 in cap left. That's not even enough to replace him, let alone fill the other holes.

Someone else is on the move.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
The group of Palat, Stamkos, Johnson, Hedman, McDonagh and Maroon seem pretty close. They all took a vacation together during the all star break despite playing on 5 different teams.
Stammer forcing JBB to get the band back together.

1716312877716.jpeg

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Same. I think we all know the D needed upgrading this off season, but not at the expense of 91. Unless it was a Hanafin type player who's younger. McD is 35.

But his stats looked good in Nashville but I didn't watch any of his games so idk if he passes the eye test.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Same. I think we all know the D needed upgrading this off season, but not at the expense of 91. Unless it was a Hanafin type player who's younger. McD is 35.

But his stats looked good in Nashville but I didn't watch any of his games so idk if he passes the eye test.
He looked real good in the Vancouver season. He can still go when it counts. The problem might become if we rely on him like we did before.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
It never felt good to see the team move on from Vinny. To me as a younger fan, he was the Tampa Bay Lightning. Seeing him in Flyers orange was repulsive. Seeing Marty in a Rangers jersey was just as bad. But in the end both moves ended up being in the best interest of the franchise. I really don't want to see Stammer go. I feel attached emotionally to him like I was to Vinny and Marty, but I want this team to do whatever it has to do to be success and win. Hopefully it all works out, but we'll see :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad