Value of: (TBL) Bishop/Mason, then Mason/Elliott

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Neutral fan here. What values are fair for the picks and prospects involved in this proposal? Do you think the moves make sense for all parties?

END RESULT
TBL - Vasilevskiy + Elliott (UFA)
PHI - Bishop (extended) + Neuvirth (UFA)
CAL - Mason (UFA) + Johnson (UFA)

MOTIVATIONS
- Philly prefers Bishop over Mason
- Calgary prefers Mason over Elliott
- Both teams are making playoff pushes
- Tampa prefers assets to Bishop walking July 1st

TRADE ONE

BISHOP (sign and trade)
for
MASON (UFA)
conditional pick *
pick/prospect

* - If Vegas drafts Bishop (because Stolarz was protected instead), this pick becomes nothing.

TRADE TWO

MASON (UFA)
for
ELLIOTT (UFA)
conditional pick **
pick/prospect

** - IF Mason does not re-sign with Calgary, this pick becomes nothing

NOTES

I know some Flyers fans are still comfortable with Mason, but others aren't comfortable committing to him for as long as the 4(+) years another team could offer him.

This could also be done with Bishop not extending and remaining a UFA. If Bishop does NOT do a "sign and trade", how much is his value lowered?

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
We could get a better deal elsewhere if we decided to sell and Philidelphia won't shake up their team when they already have a pretty good goalie.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
  • Why would Ben Bishop agree to a situation where he could be taken in the expansion draft?
  • Why would Philadelphia give up assets to risk losing either Bishop or Stolarz?
  • Why are the Flyers buyers? Are we watching different teams?

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Why would the Flames give up an additional pick or prospect for such a minimal upgrade, if at all. We're not even in a playoff spot right now.

If we wanted Mason we could just wait to the offseason for nothing or just do a straight up deal with Tampa.

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Bishop holds the most value. But Philly is not going to pay anything for a UFA. I don't think Philly will pay what Bishop will ask for anyways in a contract.

This year further proves that paying big money on goalies is a waste. All 3 of Bishop, Mason and Elliot have had bad years after years of being .915+ guys.

The offseason is likely when a shuffles occurs. Honestly, who is going to pay Bishop big money? Maybe Calgary? Most other teams already have a #1 goalie, so there might not be much market.

Funny enough, I did not see this thread, but earlier today on the Flyers board wrote that Mason could sign with Tampa on a "prove it" deal....and Philly signs Elliot on a 2 year 2.8 per deal. And I mentioned Bishop to Calgary. Funny that it was the same guys getting shuffled, but to different teams.

They all picked bad years to have bad stats. It will cost them all money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad