Confirmed Signing with Link: [TB] Andrei Vasilevskiy (3 years, $3.5M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Great signing... again though, I have to saythat murray signing gibson to his deal last summer is the steal of all steals

Derrty

Cat
Apr 24, 2012
$3.5M for a #1 goaltender? Jesus christ, Yzerman is amazing.

Sorry Bishop. I will miss you so ****ing much. However, it needs to be done. Thanks for the great years.

He's played 40 regular season games, over two season. I wouldn't imagine it was the most difficult of negotiations.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Does Yzerman have naked pictures of all his players? How is he signing these players on the cheap, wow! Stammer, Hedman, Vas.

Once a guy like Stamkos takes the discount, it starts a ripple effect. The team likes playing together and wants to stay a contender

coastal

Jun 22, 2016
No state income tax, and can promise you Vinik has other ways of paying these guys.

Everyone is moving to Tampa... the real estate holdings and business opportunities that Vinik can assist these guys with...

The Lightning are entrenched in the business community around the whole Tampa Bay Area.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Great signing... again though, I have to saythat murray signing gibson to his deal last summer is the steal of all steals

To be fair, Tampa Bay gets Vasilevskiy for another year on his ELC, but I agree with you. Gibson's deal looks that much better. More than a million cheaper, and also over three years.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
You can only protect one goalie for expansion next year.

Yes. The writing has been on the wall, and this signing 1000% confirms it...

TB had 2 goalies, one was likely to be traded.

Signing Vasky, a RFA, to a 3-year contract, doesn't mean he couldn't be traded. Teams have been known to sign players with contracts, LOL.

I think the Stamkos signing sealed Bishop's time in TB.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
You honestly gotta love TBs offseason. As a Leafs fan I'm jealous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->