Taylor Hall's point streak ends at 26 games.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
If the car is only available for 100K then sometimes you have to overpay. I bet you don't watch the Oilers. I bet you don't see how much Adam Larsson means to their team. He means a lot more than his unspectacular possession numbers and inability to score 20 points. He definitely means more than a lazy locker room cancer like Hall.

This is some of the stupidest, most unsubstantiated nonsense ever. Hall is the heartbeat of the Devils. He is single handedly carrying the team and is, by all indications from the team and players, a fantastic presence in the locker room.

Reactions: cg98

The Joker

Feb 25, 2011
If the car is only available for 100K then sometimes you have to overpay. I bet you don't watch the Oilers. I bet you don't see how much Adam Larsson means to their team. He means a lot more than his unspectacular possession numbers and inability to score 20 points. He definitely means more than a lazy locker room cancer like Hall.

No he doesn't.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
This is some of the stupidest, most unsubstantiated nonsense ever. Hall is the heartbeat of the Devils. He is single handedly carrying the team and is, by all indications from the team and players, a fantastic presence in the locker room.
Rumour mill (you can always trust the rumour mill) has it that Hall finally got his shit together after Shero and Hynes told him at the end of 16-17 to stop moping around, get over the trade, and be a better person in the locker room. #maturing

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

I think it's more that he's matured and been separated from his "boys". Definitely had that entitled vibe in Edmonton, played with a will of fire but lacked maturity and leadership ability.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Don't let this distract you from the fact that the worst negotiating GM in the NHL traded him for Adam Larsson. 1 for 1.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

I’m not sure if you are being facetious but whatever baggage Hall brought when he arrived from EDM he left at the airport. He’s been a solid citizen and leading by example on the ice this season. NJ fans respect Larsson and know what he brings to the table and he has made a difference for EDM. If NJ makes the playoffs there is an argument to be made that Hall should be in the discussion for MVP.

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
He's a player that brings it every night. I don't care what people spout about his alleged reputation in certain areas - on the ice, he's always competing. Can't ask for more.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
He's the MVP of this team, and I think he deserves to be at least top 3 in MVP votes this year

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
This has to be a sarcastic/ironic post.

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
He should easily be a Hart candidate. Amazing player. Rather have a player who mostly has the puck in the ozone than someone like Larsson who gets hemmed in the dzone.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Lmao. I've watched every single Oilers game that both Hall and Larsson have played. Hall would win games on his own and constantly move the needle when he was on the ice. Larsson is a serviceable second pairing dman who can't move the puck and can't generate offense. He's never even been the best dman on the team and that's saying something considering how piss-poor our defense is.

Also, Hall wasn't a locker room cancer and most definitely wasn't lazy. He was the only one during those lost seasons that consistently played hard all year. What a stupid post this is.

If you're just joking then I apologize. Unfortunately there are people on the Oilers boards and Oilers Twitter that actually believe this stuff.

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
Lmao. I've watched every single Oilers game that both Hall and Larsson have played. Hall would win games on his own and constantly move the needle when he was on the ice. Larsson is a serviceable second pairing dman who can't move the puck and can't generate offense. He's never even been the best dman on the team and that's saying something considering how piss-poor our defense is.

Also, Hall wasn't a locker room cancer and most definitely wasn't lazy. He was the only one during those lost seasons that consistently played hard all year. What a stupid post this is.

If you're just joking then I apologize. Unfortunately there are people on the Oilers boards and Oilers Twitter that actually believe this stuff.
It's almost as if they're trying to force themselves to believe it as a way of getting over how bad of a trade it really was.

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
I think because of how bad the Oilers were for so long that a lot of people didn't realize or remember just how good Hall was early on with the Oilers. People are surprised when I tell them Hall was top 10 in points two years in a row and now he's finally back at that level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad