Taylor Hall Hart = Chiarelli fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
He should be fired but not because of the Hall trade. He actually got an important player back for Hall, it's the moves like the Reinhart trade, Eberle trade, Lucic and Russell contracts (the ridiculous NMC for Russell) that hurt the team more.

I'm happy for Hall but he wouldn't have been Hart level Hall in Edmonton. Sometimes players need a change of scenery to get the most out of their abilities and this is one of those instances.

Hall may not have been Hart level if he stayed in Edmonton, but I still think he would've upped his game on a Oilers team competing for the playoffs. You can see how badly Hall wants to finally get into the playoffs and that's been a huge motivation for his high level of play.

Mike Lowry

Feb 23, 2018
We all know Chiarelli should be fired for the Hall\Larsson deal among other, but will he?

Hall now looking like a shoe-in for the Hart Trophy

Can one of you kids who has never played a game of hockey in your life please offer a detailed explanation as to why this is a bad deal? Do you truly believe real hockey is played the same way your fantasy leagues are? Where were you a year ago when the Devils were so bad they had the 1st overall pick, and the Oilers were marching their way through the playoffs before bonehead Darnell Nurse stopped them? For all the posts about this deal from the ilk who no experience, I have yet to hear what deal they should have got for Hall.

If you really think the deal was lopsided, or even bad for the Oilers, please stop watching hockey.

For all your bitching and whining, Seguin and the Dallas Stars will miss the playoffs again. Eberle and the Islanders will also miss the playoffs. And while Hal and the Devils might sneak their way in, let's not forget that during his 26 game point streak, the team won just 12 of those games. You people were quiet a year ago about this deal, and I have no doubt you will be quiet a year from now. The season before the trade Hall looked terrible, and his attitude was worse. A few years before, Hall was Top in league scoring, but the Oilers were bottom 3. At a certain point, the basement crowd needs to realize there is more to hockey than an individual's point total.

Nah, this is HF, where a team's 4th D should be the Norris winner, and McDavid is better than Crosby.

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
Can one of you kids who has never played a game of hockey in your life please offer a detailed explanation as to why this is a bad deal? Do you truly believe real hockey is played the same way your fantasy leagues are? Where were you a year ago when the Devils were so bad they had the 1st overall pick, and the Oilers were marching their way through the playoffs before bonehead Darnell Nurse stopped them? For all the posts about this deal from the ilk who no experience, I have yet to hear what deal they should have got for Hall.

If you really think the deal was lopsided, or even bad for the Oilers, please stop watching hockey.

For all your *****ing and whining, Seguin and the Dallas Stars will miss the playoffs again. Eberle and the Islanders will also miss the playoffs. And while Hal and the Devils might sneak their way in, let's not forget that during his 26 game point streak, the team won just 12 of those games. You people were quiet a year ago about this deal, and I have no doubt you will be quiet a year from now. The season before the trade Hall looked terrible, and his attitude was worse. A few years before, Hall was Top in league scoring, but the Oilers were bottom 3. At a certain point, the basement crowd needs to realize there is more to hockey than an individual's point total.

Nah, this is HF, where a team's 4th D should be the Norris winner, and McDavid is better than Crosby.
Hahaha oh man the salt is so friggin real in this post. Hall for Larson was an awful trade from the moment it happened. It’s time to move out of the denial stage..

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
Hahaha oh man the salt is so friggin real in this post. Hall for Larson was an awful trade from the moment it happened. It’s time to move out of the denial stage..

Yeah it's not the first time Chia has moved top offensive pieces for lesser players. I thought Larsson had a higher ceiling than what he has hit, Hall is a game changer though.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
At the end of the day as an oilers fan I can defend the hall trade more than the Eberle trade. Oilers needed a d man like Larsson badly.

If other fans look back over other possible trades the oilers were reported involved in and the price was always high. The nhl teams knew the oilers desperate for a d

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
At the end of the day as an oilers fan I can defend the hall trade more than the Eberle trade. Oilers needed a d man like Larsson badly.

If other fans look back over other possible trades the oilers were reported involved in and the price was always high. The nhl teams knew the oilers desperate for a d
But at that cost?

Reactions: Jason316

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Chiarelli will turn it around

He drafted McDavid what more do you people want

Reactions: L13

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Chiarelli should be given time to make more deals to improve Edmonton,a 5 year plan,they will get a good draft pick this year,He got Lucic signed and got Strome from NY,give him time to build this team.

Build around Lucic and Strome?

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg

For all your *****ing and whining, Seguin and the Dallas Stars will miss the playoffs again. Eberle and the Islanders will also miss the playoffs. And while Hal and the Devils might sneak their way in, let's not forget that during his 26 game point streak, the team won just 12 of those games. You people were quiet a year ago about this deal, and I have no doubt you will be quiet a year from now. The season before the trade Hall looked terrible, and his attitude was worse. A few years before, Hall was Top in league scoring, but the Oilers were bottom 3. At a certain point, the basement crowd needs to realize there is more to hockey than an individual's point total.

Will, it's not your fault.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Can’t see Hall winning the Hart.

There are 4 other forwards currently ahead of Hall in offensive point shares for their respective teams, 3 of which are currently in the playoffs.

dirk41

Jun 9, 2010

You know that goals and assists record real events on the ice that help a team win, right? They're not just useful in fantasy leagues.

Your entire post equates player performance with team success. One player equals 5% of the roster. McDavid's seasons is as good or better than his season last year, but the Oilers are much worse.

If the Devils don't make the playoffs, it's certainly not Hall's fault. He has 38 more points than the next leading scorer on the Devils, who has played more games and happens to be on his line. And the team's starting goaltender has had a subpar year.

Did Seguin's 40 goals hurt the Stars? Or did the lack of second, third, and fourth-line scoring hurt the Stars? Is it Seguin's fault Devin Shore is -31?

Eberle is a complementary player, so he's not going to make a giant impact, though 60 points and leading the team in CF% Rel (8.31) doesn't hurt. But do you think the Islanders would have had a better record if they had Strome instead? Would Strome have made the defenders and goaltenders play well?

Reactions: PGW, ECBBW and L13

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
But at that cost?
last year Larsson was effective is his role as a top-pairing D on a top 10 NHL team...while Hall was on his way to his 3rd straight 50 point season and 7th straight season out of the playoffs

this year, the tables have turned

I think both both got what they needed...would Hall look this good in Edmonton? who knows, cause he himself said he needed to mature

Conor McDavitt

Oct 17, 2017
If Hall was more liked in Edmonton, there would be more outrage. Luckily for Chiarelli that is not the case.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Very good chance they’ll get a chance at that Cup without Seguin. And Kessel. And Thornton. And Wheeler.

I know it’s not all Chia, but good lord they’ve traded some good players and are still a very good team.
Their drafting has been phenomenal the past ~5 years. McAvoy, Carlo, Pastrnak, DeBrusk, Heinen, Grzelcyk....

Reactions: Joe Strummer

983 others

Aug 26, 2009
I think both both got what they needed...would Hall look this good in Edmonton? who knows, cause he himself said he needed to mature

Doesn’t change the fact that the Oilers traded a Ferrari for a Volvo.

Devils also traded for a better defenseman than Adam Larsson and it cost them Adam Henrique.

Terrible trade, just a terrible trade.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Curious, and not trying to bash in anyway...With a competent GM, what would the Oilers roster/lineup look like right now?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Can’t see Hall winning the Hart.

There are 4 other forwards currently ahead of Hall in offensive point shares for their respective teams, 3 of which are currently in the playoffs.

Hall nearly has as many points as the next TWO players on the Devils combined

Hall- 89 points
Hischier and Palmieri COMBINED- 94 points

think about that for a second.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

They were marching through the playoffs? They won a single round for the first time in years.

And people weren't "quiet" about this deal before - most people by far agreed it seemed like a stupid move the minute it was made.

What should they have gotten? An impact player. They traded a guy who can be and is often a game breaker for someone who has never ever been capable of that at this level. Look who has been winning all the cups - teams built around multiple players who can take over games. Safe and balanced hasn't been winning out over teams with less depth but that type of game breaking talent. There's only so much of it in the league and the Oilers lost one of those players and got a safe unspectacular d-man in return.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Doesn’t change the fact that the Oilers traded a Ferrari for a Volvo.

Devils also traded for a better defenseman than Adam Larsson and it cost them Adam Henrique.

Terrible trade, just a terrible trade.
value wise, the Devils win that trade everyday

but the Oilers had a lot of "Ferrari's" and it didn't translate into wins

kind of like the Islanders this year..

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
value wise, the Devils win that trade everyday

but the Oilers had a lot of "Ferrari's" and it didn't translate into wins

kind of like the Islanders this year..
i think that's the problem.... he sold a ferarri for the value of a volvo. from a needs perspective it fit the Oilers. But from a pure "value in a vaccuum" NJD made out like bandits for getting a said Ferarri for a mere Volvo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->