Tavares vs. Crosby

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
See this is called trolling... you have a lot of guts to do this with your first two posts... mods, I think it's time to lock this one up. An intelligent conversation gone to the sh*ts thanks to a couple jerks out to get a rise out of peope.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Ovechkin > Crosby.

Ovechkin destroys Crosby. Ovechkin scored 52 goals with Washington, one of the worst teams in the league. On the other hand, look who Crosby had as teamates: Lemieux (at the start), Recchi, Leclair, Palfy, Whitney, Gonchar, - the list goes on and on. Ovechkin's team- mates????: Zubrus. Also, it's so easy in the new nhl to rack up assists. It's much harder to get goals, and that's where real players shine.

Tavares will be better than Crosby - mark my words....

Tavares will destroy Crosby one day.

Man I hate it when 12 year olds come online without their parents consent

bullocks

Jun 26, 2007
Toronto
Ovechkin > Crosby.

Ovechkin destroys Crosby. Ovechkin scored 52 goals with Washington, one of the worst teams in the league. On the other hand, look who Crosby had as teamates: Lemieux (at the start), Recchi, Leclair, Palfy, Whitney, Gonchar, - the list goes on and on. Ovechkin's team- mates????: Zubrus. Also, it's so easy in the new nhl to rack up assists. It's much harder to get goals, and that's where real players shine.

i guess you forgot to mention that as a rookie in the russian super league ovechkin scored i think it was 11 goals. he then came to the nhl after playing one year in professional hockey. crosby on the hockey hand made the leap straight to the nhl, put up 2 100+ point seasons. ovechkin is not better then crosby, and never will be. better goal scorer, yes.

slade

Jan 4, 2007
18 Winspear Ltd.
crosby is one goal away from 40 in his rookie season- and somehow hes not a goal scorer??

it was the SAME EXACT amount of goals as marian hossa that season- and he is considered an elite level sniper.

please dont try to write sid off as a playmaker and nothing else. he is a scary offensive threat all around.

and finnerican- i would also like to know how many games youve seen tavares play.

timmy12

Jun 25, 2005
VISTA,CA: Is John Tavares a better prospect than Sidney Crosby at the same age?

Kyle Woodlief: In a word - No. Crosby was just a hockey savant from the time he first laced on a pair of skates. Tavares doesn't have that type of extreme hockey sense.

JA87-66-99

May 31, 2007
Do people really think John Tavares will play for thr penguins. That would be to good to be true but seriously I think our team will be a little to good to be drafting 1st overall. Whether its in 2008 or 2009. I hope he ends up with a canadian team unless a another miracle happens and the Pens do get him. It would be nice to see the Pens get Alex Pieterangelo in 2008. But I dont think thats happing neither.LOL

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
Do people really think John Tavares will play for thr penguins. That would be to good to be true but seriously I think our team will be a little to good to be drafting 1st overall. Whether its in 2008 or 2009. I hope he ends up with a canadian team unless a another miracle happens and the Pens do get him. It would be nice to see the Pens get Alex Pieterangelo in 2008. But I dont think thats happing neither.LOL

LOL is right.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
Ovechkin > Crosby.

Wow, blast from the past there.

Anyway I love these posts because it just means that not only is Crosby > Ovechkin, but Pittsburgh > Washington.

JA87-66-99

May 31, 2007
Tavares is not better than Crosby. If they would have let Sid play junior when he was 15 he would have been CHL leading scorer and CHL mvp more than likely. Yes tavares is the only 16 year old mvp besides sid but he already had a year under his belt. Crosby did it as a 16 year old rookie. In fact if it wasn't for Crosby then Tavares would have never gotten exceptional player status as a 15 year old. Sidney Crosby opened the doors for underage junior players.

RUSqueelin*

Nov 2, 2005
Tavares is not better than Crosby. If they would have let Sid play junior when he was 15 he would have been CHL leading scorer and CHL mvp more than likely. Yes tavares is the only 16 year old mvp besides sid but he already had a year under his belt. Crosby did it as a 16 year old rookie. In fact if it wasn't for Crosby then Tavares would have never gotten exceptional player status as a 15 year old. Sidney Crosby opened the doors for underage junior players.

Really? How's that.

And I really don't think people should be comparing their hockey sense. Both have extremely elite hockey sense. It's what makes them so darn good.

JA87-66-99

May 31, 2007
The Canadian Hockey League said NO to Sidney crosby when he tried to play as a 15 year old. Even though it was obvious he was more than ready. So he went to Shattuck St. Mary's and put up 162 points in 57 games. But I think the CHL was somewhat concerned with his size. I think Sidney at the time in 2002 was like 5'7 155ibs. But anyone who saw him play at the Air Canada Cup tournament in 2002 will tell you that he was more than ready for major junior. That's what I meant when I said Sidney opened the door for future 15 year old phenoms to play junior a year early. Sidney would have certantly been granted exceptional player status as well. But after Crosby The CHL realized they had made a mistake by not letting this kid play as a 15 year old and they didn't want to risk losing future teenage phenoms to USA college or whatever.

RUSqueelin*

Nov 2, 2005
The Canadian Hockey League said NO to Sidney crosby when he tried to play as a 15 year old. Even though it was obvious he was more than ready. So he went to Shattuck St. Mary's and put up 162 points in 57 games. But I think the CHL was somewhat concerned with his size. I think Sidney at the time in 2002 was like 5'7 155ibs. But anyone who saw him play at the Air Canada Cup tournament in 2002 will tell you that he was more than ready for major junior. That's what I meant when I said Sidney opened the door for future 15 year old phenoms to play junior a year early. Sidney would have certantly been granted exceptional player status as well. But after Crosby The CHL realized they had made a mistake by not letting this kid play as a 15 year old and they didn't want to risk losing future teenage phenoms to USA college or whatever.

I think if Sid never existed, JT would have still been granted exceptional status. It was the OHL who was worried about losing him and made up their own rules in order to allow him to be drafted a year earlier. After JT, the CHL made up their critieria in order to formalize such a process.

If you go back in time, you might find it was the Q who did push it through to make it work. But I can't really remember.

Coach Travis

Back2Back!!!
Jun 29, 2005
Thunder Bay, Ontario
bucketdecals.com
Ovechkin > Crosby.

I'm guessing you hated when Sidney Crosby was named MVP this year? You're not being logical, only emo.

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
He's not a perrinial 50 goal scorer like Tavares is shaped out to be. Sid is no doubt one of the best play makers in the league. Put a 50-60 goalscorer on his line. Both stocks will rise.

Here comes an ovechin talk.

Ovechkin has 2 40+ goal seasons under his belt. Including a Richard chasing season as a rookie with 50+ goals.

Crosby is not suited to be a superb goalscorer. Another reason why the Gretzky comparisons are lucrative.

Crosby's goals per game average during his first 2 years was better than Kovalchuk's, Heatley's, Nash's, Hossa's, Iginla's, Sakic's, Jagr's, Lecavalier's, etc. Those guys are pretty much the bonafide cream-of-the-crop pure snipers of today, and Crosby's goals per game during his first two years was better than all of theirs.

JA87-66-99

May 31, 2007
I agree with Fan of the game. Crosby and Tavares will be a modern day Gretzky/Lemieux. The NHL is going to be even better in the next 5-10 years. Guys like John Tavares, Drew Doughty, Steve Stamkos, Victor Hedman, Rajala and That Teemu kid (cant remember his name) He is available 2010 draft. From what Ive been reading could be a superstar. There's 2 russian superstars coming in 2009 and 2010 draft. The next few drafts are going to be unbelievable.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

and finnerican- i would also like to know how many games youve seen tavares play.

In real life 2

A playoff game March 27 against Kingston where the Generals won 7-4 where tavares had 2 assists

A regular season game earlier that month I forget what date it was, it was against Missassauga and they won by like 13-3 or 13-2, where Tavares had I think a goal and 2 assists.

On TV I cought maybe 3 or 4 others while visiting relatives or being up in OHL area with my dad. I'm in Chicago but sometimes I make my way up to that area.

I was able to catch the playoff game because I drove up with a couple buddies. But I cought the Missasauga game because I was up in that area on a business trip again.

slade

Jan 4, 2007
18 Winspear Ltd.
In real life 2

A playoff game March 27 against Kingston where the Generals won 7-4 where tavares had 2 assists

A regular season game earlier that month I forget what date it was, it was against Missassauga and they won by like 13-3 or 13-2, where Tavares had I think a goal and 2 assists.

On TV I cought maybe 3 or 4 others while visiting relatives or being up in OHL area with my dad. I'm in Chicago but sometimes I make my way up to that area.

I was able to catch the playoff game because I drove up with a couple buddies. But I cought the Missasauga game because I was up in that area on a business trip again.

do you think tavares is as dominant? ive never seen JT play live- but i had the ohl package last season and saw between 20-30 generals games.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

do you think tavares is as dominant? ive never seen JT play live- but i had the ohl package last season and saw between 20-30 generals games.

If you see my posts on the past page I've answered this question. He makes great chances for his team to snag the W but he can't be a major game changer like Crosby.

Crosby=Sakic in terms of the ability to lead a team with minimal star support (if Crosby somehow lost Letang, Malkin, Staal, etc).

Tavares=Rookie Joe Sakic in terms where he can put up 100points for a last place team. He gives it all but it won't be enough.

slade

Jan 4, 2007
18 Winspear Ltd.
If you see my posts on the past page I've answered this question. He makes great chances for his team to snag the W but he can't be a major game changer like Crosby.

Crosby=Sakic in terms of the ability to lead a team with minimal star support (if Crosby somehow lost Letang, Malkin, Staal, etc).

Tavares=Rookie Joe Sakic in terms where he can put up 100points for a last place team. He gives it all but it won't be enough.

i agree- he will always put up his stats...but can he bring his team up to speed? ovechkin is similar in this respect.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Tavares needs a supporting cast to help his team. He'll be a vital role but he can't do it himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->