Proposal: Tavares to St.Louis

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
I am not a St.Louis fan, or a fan of any of the teams listed in the proposals.

To NYI:
Ivan Barbashev
2018 STL 2nd (conditional if JT signs)
2018 STL 5th
2018 STL 7th

To STL:
Rights to John Tavares
2019 NYI 3rd

This only happens if it is 100% confirmed JT is walking. When a guy of this pedigree hits the market, acquiring his rights may be worth it, to potentially get him on a cheaper deal and have the first go of negotiation.

NYI add a young C with some upside, and some draft picks.

--

To Florida:
Jay Bouwmeester

To St.Louis:
2018 FLA 3rd
2019 FLA 4th

Florida could use Bouwmeesters defensive presence. J-Bo has fallen out of favour in St.Louis with Dunn and Edmundson, so he may opt back to Florida, where he played many years with, and doesn't have a crazy media (which he hates)

Yandle-Ekblad
Bouwmeester-Pysyk
Matheson-Petrovic

--

To Toronto:
Vladimir Sobotka

To St.Louis:
Josh Leivo

Toronto is likely to lose Tyler Bozak in the off-season. Sobotka is a very solid defensive C who plays hard, and can play wing.

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
Komarov-Sobotka-Kapanen
Johnsson-?-Brown

--

St.Louis then signs Tavares to a 8 year x 10.5M deal.

St.Louis then adds some youth into the line-up - Kyrou, Thomas, Schmaltz, Husso - and with a healthy Fabbri this is what they would look like..

Berglund - Tavares - Tarasenko
Schwartz - Schenn - Kyrou
Fabbri - Thomas - Steen
Jaskin - Brodziak - Thompson
Sanford
Leivo

*Don't get too caught up in the line combos, I just think Schwartz-Schenn should stay together, and Berglund would be a good complement to JT/Tarasenko.

Dunn - Pietrangelo
Edmundson - Parayko
Gunnarsson - Schmaltz
Bortuzzo

Allen
Husso

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Don't know why Tavares would want to join a non-playoff team. He'll probably join San Jose.

Reactions: HydroF

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Don't know why Tavares would want to join a non-playoff team. He'll probably join San Jose.
They were close, and still a promising team in their prime.

Tarasenko 26
Schwartz 25
Fabbri 22
Schenn 26
Pietrangelo 28
Parayko 24
Dunn 21

San Jose would work, however that means Thornton walks/retires, Martin is bought-out/traded and Boedker is traded. Also may need to shed someone like Karlsson.

For St.Louis, won't be hard to find a taker for J-Bo and Sobotka.

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
The Islanders are the only team that can offer him 8 years at this point. a UFA needs to be on a team from the trade deadline the previous year to offer 8 years.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
As a Blues fan, I highly doubt that we get Tavares for that return. I'm thinking that we have to give up at least one of our big four, and that's something that I personally wouldn't do. If we can sign him in free agency and trade Sobotka, Berglund, Allen, and Bouwmeester, great; if not, maybe Stastny would be willing to come back and help the young players mature.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
St. Louis is immediately a contender with Tavares added.
That's debatable. I don't see them being any better than Nashville or Winnipeg.

They were close, and still a promising team in their prime.

Tarasenko 26
Schwartz 25
Fabbri 22
Schenn 26
Pietrangelo 28
Parayko 24
Dunn 21

San Jose would work, however that means Thornton walks/retires, Martin is bought-out/traded and Boedker is traded. Also may need to shed someone like Karlsson.

For St.Louis, won't be hard to find a taker for J-Bo and Sobotka.
Not really. They just need to get rid of Thornton and Fehr/Hansen and they'll free up the $10 mil for Tavares.

They're also a much better team than the Blues. It's a no-brainer really.

They missed by 1pt. 1pt is how much they missed by. Just so you dont misunderstand me, I'm saying they missed by 1pt.

And? They still missed the playoffs. They barely made the playoffs the year before. They also have a boring style of play that likely won't be appealing to the best free agent in a long long time. Nor do they have a prime location for a free agent. It's a silly pipe-dream at this point.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Not really. They just need to get rid of Thornton and Fehr/Hansen and they'll free up the $10 mil for Tavares.

And? They still missed the playoffs. They barely made the playoffs the year before. They also have a boring style of play that likely won't be appealing to the best free agent in a long long time. Nor do they have a prime location for a free agent. It's a silly pipe-dream at this point.

All their best players are super old.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
You're right. Blues suck. Should either be contracted or turned into an AHL affiliate for another team. It seems like forever since they've been in the playoffs. :sarcasm:

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

To NYI:
Ivan Barbashev
2018 STL 5th
2018 STL 7th

To STL:
Rights to John Tavares
2019 NYI 3rd

This only happens if it is 100% confirmed JT is walking. When a guy of this pedigree hits the market, acquiring his rights may be worth it, to potentially get him on a cheaper deal and have the first go of negotiation.

--

To Florida:
Jay Bouwmeester

To St.Louis:
2018 FLA 3rd
2019 FLA 4th

Florida could use Bouwmeesters defensive presence. J-Bo has fallen out of favour in St.Louis with Dunn and Edmundson, so he may opt back to Florida, where he played many years with, and doesn't have a crazy media (which he hates)

Yandle-Ekblad
Bouwmeester-Pysyk
Matheson-Petrovic

--

To Toronto:
Vladimir Sobotka

To St.Louis:
Josh Leivo

Toronto is likely to lose Tyler Bozak in the off-season. Sobotka is a very solid defensive C who plays hard, and can play wing.

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
Komarov-Sobotka-Kapanen
Johnsson-?-Brown

--

St.Louis then adds some youth into the line-up - Kyrou, Thomas, Schmaltz, Husso - and with a healthy Fabbri this is what they would look like..

Fabbri - Thomas - Steen
Sanford
Leivo

*Don't get too caught up in the line combos, I just think Schwartz-Schenn should stay together, and Berglund would be a good complement to JT/Tarasenko.

Dunn - Pietrangelo
Edmundson - Parayko
Gunnarsson - Schmaltz
Bortuzzo

Allen
Husso

Pass on Sobotka from the Leafs.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
That's debatable. I don't see them being any better than Nashville or Winnipeg.

They were 3rd in central last year.....

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

To NYI:
Ivan Barbashev
2018 STL 5th
2018 STL 7th

To STL:
Rights to John Tavares
2019 NYI 3rd

--

To Florida:
Jay Bouwmeester

To St.Louis:
2018 FLA 3rd
2019 FLA 4th

Yandle-Ekblad
Bouwmeester-Pysyk
Matheson-Petrovic

--

To Toronto:
Vladimir Sobotka

To St.Louis:
Josh Leivo

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
Komarov-Sobotka-Kapanen
Johnsson-?-Brown

--

Fabbri - Thomas - Steen
Sanford
Leivo

Dunn - Pietrangelo
Edmundson - Parayko
Gunnarsson - Schmaltz
Bortuzzo

Allen
Husso
No.Thanks.

Blues can line up and take their chances in the frenzy on July 1st.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Fabbri-Tavares-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou/Thompson
Steen-Thomas-Berglund
Barbashev-Brodziak-Soshnikov
Jaskin, Thorburn

Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko
Steen-Brodziak-Berglund
Jaskin-Sobotka-Thompson
Upshall-Barbashev-Soshnikov
Thorburn, Sundqvist

That’s so much better than what we finished the season with, and it’s not even close. It’s also with the Blues not adding anyone at the draft either.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Fabbri-Tavares-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou/Thompson
Steen-Thomas-Berglund
Jaskin, Thorburn

Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko
Steen-Brodziak-Berglund
Jaskin-Sobotka-Thompson
Upshall-Barbashev-Soshnikov
Thorburn, Sundqvist

That’s so much better than what we finished the season with, and it’s not even close. It’s also with the Blues not adding anyone at the draft either.

Not to mention the expectation we will be adding a top 6 forward to the roster prior to the free agency courting date, as all indications from management point to. So trade out an unproven rookie slot and our top 9 is definitely a contender. Everyone agrees our defense is contender worthy. Can our goalie compete? Not sure. But he's shown he can steal a series for sure.

Fabbri-Tavares-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Schenn-2RW at draft
Steen-Thomas-Berglund
Jaskin, Thorburn

That's insertion of three top 6 players, with moving down of three who played top 6 minutes and had zero business doing so. Explain how that's not a contender.

Reactions: CaliBlues710

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Also, I get that San Jose is a good team, and you can make the case that they are the best destination for JT right now to compete for the next year or two. However, I'm not sure that I would want to sign with a team that has such an old core, they have at most 3/4 years of competing at their current level and that is pretty generous considering the anticipation of age related decline.

San Jose as a city probably is more appealing I will say. And they have a great goaltender. I would not be surprised that he would choose them in the end. But if there is anything preventing it from happening it has to be their age.

Also I heard that Couture and JT don't get along? I know it's a business but...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad