Value of: Tavares signing with Vegas

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Vegas could easily take him on and jesus christ would they be stacked

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I think it's THE place Tavares should sign.

If not them, Toronto.

If he's looking for Cup success in 2 or so years, I think my own Flyers are a great option as well (but his ice time won't be as high as some other teams).

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
Taveras is awesome and makes any team better, but if Vegas is built on speed and attacking off turnovers and a real team concept everyone pulling the same direction thing, is this a fit?
Isn’t Taveras more of a down low, big ass, puck possession kinda guy.
I think he stays on Long Island btw.

Reactions: IODCPiper

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I feel like Vegas is going to focus on Karlsson this offseason to be honest. I think Tavares ultimately ends up staying with the Islanders.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Taveras did well this season.
With his pals Barzel, Bailay and Ebarle.
The Islandars are a good promising young team, I think Taveras stays

debateable. yeah barzal is a young stud but their D and goaltending are atrocious.
does JT wanna give up 8 years on team that might make the playoffs 2-3 times and not likely be a true contender?

Reactions: Dash86

Klaus3154

Apr 22, 2018
New York
There is a great chance for this since they obviously have a contending team and could give him as much money as anyone else. Seems he would have to take less money on some contending teams to make their cap work. It is said that JT wants to ‘stay out of spotlight” and I am guessing you don’t have a media in Vegas that will berate him for every turnover or team loss that might occur as some markets seems prone to bestow on it’s top players.
Still think he stays with the Islanders now that Lou is there but who knows.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
There is a great chance for this since they obviously have a contending team and could give him as much money as anyone else. Seems he would have to take less money on some contending teams to make their cap work. It is said that JT wants to ‘stay out of spotlight” and I am guessing you don’t have a media in Vegas that will berate him for every turnover or team loss that might occur as some markets seems prone to bestow on it’s top players.

While it's great what Vegas is doing this season, I think their is better options for Tavares if his ultimate goal is to win a cup. Who knows maybe lightening will strike twice for the Knights in the next few years but I wouldn't bet on it

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
What does the Vegas roster look like with cap dollars per player, for next season? I know guys like Neal and Perron are UFA but I’m not too familiar with the RFA status of their players and what the raises are going to look like. I didn’t see a topic like that on VGK boards, but they obviously have other things on their mind right now. Just curious what people think their cap allocations are going to look like, if they can keep this roster in tact.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Anything is possible.

Does anyone think Tavares is kind of pissed that Snow didn't make a move to bulk up and make a run at the playoffs?
They were in it or close to it at the time the deadline rolled around.
With the uncertainty in NY and the fact that they just haven't been all that good, why would Tavares want to stay when someone from an organization that is "closer" to being a contender will absolutely back the Brinks truck up to his door?

Dash86

Jan 22, 2018
It’s definitely possible but I don’t see it happening. Tavares is a superstar but I don’t see his style of play meshing with that Vegas has going on. I just don’t see it as a good fit.

Reactions: MordredGK

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
makes perfect sense.:skeptic:
Hey I am allowed to dream. Plus with the way our cap is we can go a lil crazy for next season. I have looked at the #'s and we can afford J.T and all 3 kids but will need some $ coming off the books for the 2019-20 season. Thats why we can go after a big name D with 1 yr left.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Taveras is awesome and makes any team better, but if Vegas is built on speed and attacking off turnovers and a real team concept everyone pulling the same direction thing, is this a fit?
Isn’t Taveras more of a down low, big ass, puck possession kinda guy.
I think he stays on Long Island btw.

It’s definitely possible but I don’t see it happening. Tavares is a superstar but I don’t see his style of play meshing with that Vegas has going on. I just don’t see it as a good fit.

Vegas should sign him, and if he doesn’t mesh they could trade an extended-Taraves for a haul that would keep them Cup-contenders for the next 20 years. It would be hilarious to see a Vegas-dynasty right out of the gate...a big ol middle finger to all of the established disaster-organizations.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
What does the Vegas roster look like with cap dollars per player, for next season? I know guys like Neal and Perron are UFA but I’m not too familiar with the RFA status of their players and what the raises are going to look like. I didn’t see a topic like that on VGK boards, but they obviously have other things on their mind right now. Just curious what people think their cap allocations are going to look like, if they can keep this roster in tact.

Tavares at 10-11m and re-signing Neal would put them right up against an 80m cap before Clarkson goes on LTIR.

They don't have as much space as people seem to think. Miller will ask for 3-4m, Theodore will look for 4-5m or more. Who knows what Karlsson will re-sign for(6.5m to 7.5m)?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->