Value of: Tavares Rights

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
If NYI decides to try and move him "for something" what would u be willing to offer just to acquire his rights to try and sign him before july 1st?

As a blues fan i think i'd be comfortable moving Kyrou and maybe the WPG 1st this year. Despite the lack of leverage NYI would have, just so we an outbid everybody else

How about you guys?
Tavares continues to waiver about returning. Making post TDL comments such as he might sign before July 1st. Malkin and Ledecky continue to openly woo him.

Unless Tavares comes out and tells the NYI he is definitely leaving, I doubt the isles move his rights.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Ridiculous
I agree.

If the isles would not trade the loyal Tavares at the TDL when his value was highest, why trade him now when his trade value is at it's lowest point and he publicly is waivering about returning?

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Press seems to think Malkin and Ledecky are willing to meet any dollar amount he asks for.

Well then I think he would sign. Only hope for Buffalo would be if it was a money issue. Buffalo's not afraid to spend. That and Tavares's uncle played his whole career in Buffalo and loved it if that means anything.

O'Reilly-Tavares-Okposo might be a pretty good line with Nylander- Eichel-Reinhart on line two.

Nuke

Mar 2, 2007
Sabres trade Ryan O for Isles 1st, Bailey, and rights to Tavares.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
That's a lot to give up for negotiating rights
I figure there’d be a bidding war and if a team acquired his rights they’d be willing to offer up the money he wants and STL seems has a solid supporting cast signed long term as well. If it guaranteed me tavares I’d sacrifice kyrou and a pick we got for stastny..... obviously I’d prefer not to move them but if that’s what it takes I’d be willing to do it.

Reactions: IODCPiper

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
thats a steep price to chat to a guy for a few days.
if tavares gets that far, he is certaintly gonna listen to offers

Reactions: Brock Radunske

rmthomson21

Sep 22, 2015
DMV
I know he doesn't have a full NMC, but if I'm Tavares and I'm set on leaving I'd prefer for my future team to not have to give up assets to the Islanders - makes the future team worse, whoever it is.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
JT seems to be loyal to a fault. If a team paid that high of a price for his rights IMO that would give that team a huge upper hand to sign him. If blues made that type of trade and he signed with them instead of sharks, isles or another team it would turn them into a true contender for years.

if he was loyal to a fault he would stay in NY, moving those pieces for negotiating rights isn't a smart move imo

SC2GM

May 16, 2016
Craziest price I've ever seen a person willing to give. What would you've given at the trade deadline? I don't even wanna imagine. When you're the number 1 guy going into free agency and you're so close to it... you clearly have your mind made up on seeing what the MARKET has to offer. Even if he wanted to go to the Blues, where I hope he ends up at, he'd still like to be able to say, "x team offered me 14 million..." Sure, it would be the clown team called the Habs, but you'd omit that part and try to leverage your way to more money from the team you want to sign with.

The fastest way to winning is addition without subtraction of assets. When you're going to end up doling out w/e it takes for Tavares, it sure would be nice to have it be "asset free." You have to remember, as good as Tavares is, the Islanders were a sub 500 team this year. The more "max contracts" you have, the more the need for cheap, high quality prospects/players. Else, we just keep adding to our ever growing list of third liners.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
If NYI decides to try and move him "for something" what would u be willing to offer just to acquire his rights to try and sign him before july 1st?

As a blues fan i think i'd be comfortable moving Kyrou and maybe the WPG 1st this year. Despite the lack of leverage NYI would have, just so we an outbid everybody else

How about you guys?
That's a crazy offer.

In 2016, FLA paid a 6th rounder for about a week of Yandle's negotiating rights, with a conditional 4th rounder if he signs. Now Tavares is obviously more valuable but it does give you some sort of a baseline.

First, the question is how much time you actually get (a month? a week?). And then you go with some lower value + an addition if he actually signs.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
That's a crazy offer.

In 2016, FLA paid a 6th rounder for about a week of Yandle's negotiating rights, with a conditional 4th rounder if he signs. Now Tavares is obviously more valuable but it does give you some sort of a baseline.

First, the question is how much time you actually get (a month? a week?). And then you go with some lower value + an addition if he actually signs.
And the isles realizing July 1st will be hectic with many teams all making a push for Tavares, say no thanks.

Not interested on giving one of those teams 2+ months to bring Tavares to their city , have him wooed over those 2+months by the owners , GM and players

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

How about you guys?
I don't think anyone has or would give up that much for negotiating rights, even more-so with the early negotiation periods.
Regardless as to how good the player is, the most I could see would be a conditional 1st that turns to a 2nd if they don't sign.

Reactions: BleedBlue14

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I don't think anyone has or would give up that much for negotiating rights, even more-so with the early negotiation periods.
Regardless as to how good the player is, the most I could see would be a conditional 1st that turns to a 2nd if they don't sign.

This is what I would be comfortable with. A 2nd or 3rd gauranteed condition of a 1st if he signs.

1. We should not trade Kyrou whatsoever unless it is a surefire thing.

2 if we are trading for a top tier center I would rather trade Thomas as opposed to Kyrou

3. If this is ever offered for the rights to someone I'm going into a depression and becoming a Blackhawks fan, or a Avalanche fan so I can reunite with Kroenke.

4. Wut de hail??!?

Jan 21, 2018
lol this isn't some middle 6er that you wouldn't mind giving up a 3rd round pick even if he decides he won't sign with you.

Tavares either re-signs in NYI or he already knows where he wants to play (or at least has narrowed it down to a few options). no team will give up assets to sign him when i'm pretty sure he's stated he's going to take his time which means he'll likely hit free agency before he makes his decision on his new team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->