Tavares and Anthony....

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancingtree

May 9, 2003
So-Cal
Visit site
John Tavares and Steven Anthony are both super-talented for their ages. John Tavares got a special pass to the OHL, but Anthony is not taking that route. Does it have to do with their actual dates of birth, talent level, or something else?
Thanks.

Macman

May 15, 2004
The Quebec league doesn't allow 14 or 15 year olds to play, so Anthony couldn't play major junior now, even if he wanted to. He's decided to go to a prep school in the States for now.

Macman

May 15, 2004
No, he's going to a school in Vermont or New Hampshire, I forget which. Check out the Redline for 2006 thread. There's a link there that explains it better than I can.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I don't know anything about Steven Anthony, other than the fact that he seems pretty big for his age (6'1", 175).

Was his size a big advantage in peewee?

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Tavaras is a 90 born player but he is a late B-day...Anthony is a 91 born player. That is why Tavaras is in the OHL and Anthony is in Prep school

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Well when you're fourteen and you've got a six inch edge over most players your age, then size is definitely a factor.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Macman said:
No, he's going to a school in Vermont or New Hampshire, I forget which. Check out the Redline for 2006 thread. There's a link there that explains it better than I can.

that article says he's going to SSM in minnesota

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
HabLover said:
I'm talking David Toews there bud, the 1990 born brother of Jon. There were two Toews :biglaugh: @ SSM last year.

hahahaha, yea theres 2 toews, botth are excellent prospects.

If anthony is going to shattuck, which the article suggests, they have 4 teams he would qualify for, because they play by usahockey rules. their bantam team is always very good which will be players born in the 91 birth year. their midget minor team will be kids in the 90 and 89 birth years. i suspect anthony would play on this team (as an 89, esposito played on this team when it was the 88 & 87s). the prep team is their best team, made up of players from the 90-87 birth years, this will be a very tough team to make, its unlikely a 91 would play on this team. the varsity team is similar ages to the prep team, but not as good.

im pretty sure hotchkiss has 3 teams; varsity, jv, and freshman. it would be an absolute waste to play jv or freshman at his ability. he would play varsity there, but its only a 3 month season with 30 games, so id look for him to play on an american aaa team in the area, either bantam of midget minor, for extra ice time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->