Tapered/Non Tapered

PensFan27

Mar 24, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
Im looking for a blade to buy for my Easton shaft, and i was just wondering what Tapered meant...

I found a couple blades i liked, but it says they will only fit Non-Tapered Shafts...so just wondered what that meant.

Also, i have an Easton Typhoon Sr. Shaft, would that mean that any regular SR. blade fits in it?

Thanks ahead of time

slade

Jan 4, 2007
18 Winspear Ltd.
tapered shafts came out a little while back- they usually fit into the thinner shafts. non tapered is just a fancy way of saying any normal stick blade.

i personally have never used a tapered shaft- they look like they can snap pretty easily.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
from what I hear, Tapered shafts are supposed to make the stick more like a one piece. One piece sticks are supposed to have a much better shot, so that's what a tapered is supposed to simulate.

At least that's what I think it is. I'll look it up.

EDIT:
From http://epuck.com
Reality Check On 1 Piece Sticks
Most players know that the term ''One Piece Stick'' is a bit of a misnomer. The typical 1 piece stick (Synergy, Response, M1 etc?) is actually a shaft and a blade that are made separately, then permanently bonded together. So why are players so excited about One Piece Sticks? Several things give One Piece Sticks their appeal. The first and foremost is that they use a longer than normal shaft that is tapered all the way to the bottom. This is combined with a composite blade that has a shorter than normal hosel (the part of the blade that inserts into the shaft must be thinner as well). The result is that the kickpoint of the shaft is lowered significantly and when combined with a stiff, light carbon blade - the result is truly awesome. But - in reality, what the market now calls a ''One Piece Stick'' is actually a two-piece stick permanently bonded together.

So basically, that's what you're getting in a tapered shaft... You're turning your stick into a one piece but with an easier ability to switch blades.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad