Value of: Tanner Pearson to the Leafs at the deadline.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I know he's injured right now, but his is supposedly not as bad as originally thought and it's possible he's back before the deadline.

We know the Leafs are looking for a forward what would the cost realistically be?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
If healthy, which we still are uncertain of, Pearson is likely valued at a 3rd. But Benning likes stalled prospects, so I’d expect the return to be a 21/22 year old stalled prospect, who will light up a Euro league in 2022.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
I know he's injured right now, but his is supposedly not as bad as originally thought and it's possible he's back before the deadline.

We know the Leafs are looking for a forward what would the cost realistically be?

Engvall and 2022 2nd round pick for Pearson 50% retained

LFCTML

Nov 29, 2019
I'd do a 3rd, but no more. I'm sure another team would pay a 2nd though.
I don't think he fits to be honest.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
3rd straight up is fair. I'd do Pearson at 50% if it meant getting a 2nd though. Possibly even throw in a late rounder to make it work.

I'd only be interested if we think that Pearson could do a good job as a top 6 LW with either the Matthews or Tavares line.

What kind of player do they need? Pearson is good along the boards, solid defensively, and could open up some space for Tavares so he doesn't have to be the net-front rebound guy. Seems like a good fit TBH.

Reactions: LaVal

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
3rd straight up is fair. I'd do Pearson at 50% if it meant getting a 2nd though. Possibly even throw in a late rounder to make it work.

What kind of player do they need? Pearson is good along the boards, solid defensively, and could open up some space for Tavares so he doesn't have to be the net-front rebound guy. Seems like a good fit TBH.

Agree 100% with this. We should be willing to retain with any player who is on the block, hopefully our owner see's it the same way.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
I think Vancouver would probably be looking for a prospect in return, along with a depth pick, if they can get it.

What do you guys think of something like...

To Toronto
Tanner Pearson (retained at 50%)

To Vancouver
Semyon Der-Arguchintsev or Veeti Miettinen
3rd round pick

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Pearson at 50% plus Chatfield for Liljegren and a 4th would work

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
I'd do a 3rd, but no more. I'm sure another team would pay a 2nd though.
I don't think he fits to be honest.
The great thing about Pearson is that he fits everywhere. I wouldn't put him on the first line, but he is a quality two-way forward that can play up and down as needed. He's worth a 3rd at a minimum.

Hitemwith4

Jul 1, 2019
As a Leaf fan im fine IF the leafs give up 3rd pick for Pearson, seems like Van fans are fine with that value too

But this HF boards so watch this dissolve into a shit show very soon

Reactions: Lupuls Grit

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
As a Leaf fan im fine IF the leafs give up 3rd pick for Pearson, seems like Van fans are fine with that value too

But this HF boards so watch this dissolve into a shit show very soon
I'd be happy with that as a Canucks fan. I'd enjoy watching Pearson in blue and white.

Reactions: LFCTML

LFCTML

Nov 29, 2019
The great thing about Pearson is that he fits everywhere. I wouldn't put him on the first line, but he is a quality two-way forward that can play up and down as needed. He's worth a 3rd at a minimum.
Agreed - like I said, I'd be happy to pay a 3rd for him. I just don't know if the need is big enough that we pay more for him. I don't think we need another general offensive winger (not a slight on him, he's a solid player), as much as we need someone who can jump on our #1 PK unit and potentially center the third line. Granlund is the guy I want if we're going to pay up.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
pearson is a pretty good pick up for a contender looking for depth. middle six winger with size who can play top 6 or shutdown roles and also bottom six if needed.

what he goes for is a question of his health and the current market for his services. in time like these, who knows. in good times you might get a second and a b prospect, but more likely a third and a c prospect.

Reactions: Lupuls Grit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad