Tanner Fritz.....

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
In Staple’s wrap up from last night’s game he mentioned they may send down Fritz to help BPT in their playoff hunt and allow Kulemin to get some games in.

Please let that happen.

islesfan66

Nov 6, 2013
fritz is like kinda fast..... thats the only positive. he should be in the ahl, so we'll probably extend him for 3 years

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Well, he had 2 helpers in a game. So, majormet probably thinks he's a potential 60 point forward and the line with him, Quine and Maroon is a potential powerhouse.

Funny... Actually I don't see much in this player, at best he would be a 20-25 point forward in the league which would be OK for a 4th line if we didn't have Ladd, Cizikas and Clutterbuck, so he serves little purpose here. The only way he would stay is if the Isles spend big money on JT and a top 4 dman and have to save in other area and he gets stuck on the 3rd line as a financial savings plan.

All fairness to Maroon he is much better than those guys, Quine can't drop his shoulder any more

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
Actually do not see all the Fritz hate. Understand the lack of love, but he is no worse than any of the other "fringers" we have had this year, or last year....or the years before. Out of them all I could see him improving the most, 'specially since it his first set of games up, and he is in this wonderful "system". Much?...maybe not...but if I had to keep one of the many, I would give Fritz another year.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Actually do not see all the Fritz hate. Understand the lack of love, but he is no worse than any of the other "fringers" we have had this year, or last year....or the years before. Out of them all I could see him improving the most, 'specially since it his first set of games up, and he is in this wonderful "system". Much?...maybe not...but if I had to keep one of the many, I would give Fritz another year.

He's the classic case of a guy who just doesn't have enough talent to be up in the NHL. I don't think he's horrific when he's on the ice, but he doesn't do much of anything. Playing next to Nelson hasn't helped either I'm sure.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Fritz is right there with Quine & Prince - all teams have fringe players who make nothing and work hard and aren't good.

Not a problem nor a solution

The two linemates making $8mm+ - they need to do more.

Give us the Nashville top four defensemen and Pekka, suddenly we never talk about Fritz

Reactions: PK Cronin

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Fritz is right there with Quine & Prince - all teams have fringe players who make nothing and work hard and aren't good.

Give us the Nashville top four defensemen and Pekka, suddenly we never talk about Fritz

We'd probably talk about how we like his hustle. McDonald was liked by a lot of people around here too, for that very reason.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

It becomes a problem when the team rotates one then the other then the other into the lineup on the 3rd line, while the 4th line never gives you even a spurt of offense and one of your top 2 lines are slumping. That happened here this season.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
It becomes a problem when the team rotates one then the other then the other into the lineup on the 3rd line, while the 4th line never gives you even a spurt of offense and one of your top 2 lines are slumping. That happened here this season.

when the team struggles, individual struggles are magnified.

While the bottom six forwards don't really have an offensive role, it's 166 games and just 7 goals from - Chimera, Ho-Sang, Frtiz, Kulemin, Quine, Prince, Wagner, Bernier, DalColle combined. (Ross Johnston has 3 in sixteen games which is admirable - even though it's not his job)

Cizikas-Clutterbuck-Kulemin (hurt)-Ladd (not that they're a line, BUT) eat up almost $17MM on the cap for 26 goals in over 200 games played this year.

And GOALS is the least of the Isles worry.

They are a mess defensively, complete disaster.

So they don't score, can't defend, why are they here?

Well, at least Quine, Prince, Fritz, Wagner, Johnston are cheap. In theory, they can allow you to get a $5MM dman or a $7MM forward -- BUT, the Isles already have those salaries allotted to other players who underperform - thanks to Garth Snow.

No shortage of scapegoats on the roster. Some really bad players and bad contracts. And our best players are on amazing contracts - and that's about to change.

Like a truck-to-the-face type change.

#thankyougarth

hoser14

Oct 23, 2006
Brooklyn
I found it mind blogging that Dead Weight keep playing Fritz and Quine and exiling Ho-Sang? Does Josh Ho-Sang have issues? YES!, but he was at least somewhat productive on the Nelson line, whereas Fritz Quine didn't do much other than drag down the 3rd Line.

Fritz (GP 25 G2 A2 Pts 4 -4) + Quine (GP 21 G0 A3 Pts 3 -2) = GP 46 G2 A5 Pts 7 -6
Vs. Ho-Sang GP 22 G2 A10 Pts 12 -7

If I never see Fritz Quine play for the Isles, I wouldn't miss neither one of them!

ps: Ross Johnson has been productive enough to play on the 4th line with GP 16 G3 A3 Pts 6 +/- 0

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
I'll be of the unpopular voice in this thread. I think Fritz has the speed and skill to play in the NHL. He is a very good fore-checker and I feel would help the PK if given a chance. He does not turn the puck over much anymore(getting more confidence) and when you play with two slugs like Nelson and Ladd your offensive numbers are going to be bad.

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
Fritz is fine for a quick call up for 5 games. Anything more than that shows a lack of organizational depth

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
I do not want jump to a quick judgement with him just yet.
Been focusing on him more the last few games. He is quick and reasonably responsible and does not have awful vision. Considering this is his first call up (?), I can see him improving. Now, not saying he is going to be an a killer player, but for cost control purposes which is something we do have to look at, I believe he can be a very serviceable third liner.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
I do not want jump to a quick judgement with him just yet.
Been focusing on him more the last few games. He is quick and reasonably responsible and does not have awful vision. Considering this is his first call up (?), I can see him improving. Now, not saying he is going to be an a killer player, but for cost control purposes which is something we do have to look at, I believe he can be a very serviceable third liner.
Yeah, but we have like ten of those.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->