Tanner Fritz.....

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
...give me the “goods” .... seems to play with more confidence ~ has some offence and PK skills ~ just tripped Ovechkin (hehe) and has a 2 assist game last? Is he someone looking for a contract next year, or someone solid on 3-4th line?

He's shit, man. Take our word for it. He's shit.

And if Majormet tells you differently, view his post history before you decide to make any moves in your fantasy league.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
He’s a fringe guy that you don’t want to have to call up for more than 10 games a year.

Last edited:
Reactions: islesfan66

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
The Fritz's, Dal Colles, Princes and Quines of this team is not the problem. They are fringe players who makes little to no difference to this team in the broad scale of things. The Isles problems go far deeper than this....

Reactions: nycole

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
Putting together a solid NHL team has been a struggle for the Islanders since Fall 1988. We have a long history of guys who should be in the AHL.

Botta has a new write up on IPB speculating that Ledecky must be about ready to fire Snow. That could be what saves the likes of Ho-Sang, and perhaps, though unlikely, incentivizes Tavares to re-sign.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
He's ****, man. Take our word for it. He's ****.

And if Majormet tells you differently, view his post history before you decide to make any moves in your fantasy league.

LOL, I never had a feel for Fritz before, so it isn't like Quine who played all year with a probable career ending injury.

My take on Fritz is.... that he excels at a lot of areas of the game to make him an AHL superstar, but he falls short at all those same areas to make him non NHL worthy, it was a worth a look this year, he didn't hurt us, but he sure didn't help us.

Johnston on the other hand has worked out and if this poster wants to track my history he will see that I called that, and of course was the lone basher of Duchene at one time LOL

If Fritz is the 13th or 14th forward next year I won't complain but we saw enough this year to know that he won't dazzle at the NHL level

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Dal Colle doesn’t belong with those three IMO.

I think he does, he was less effective than Quine or Fritz when called up, he might have a first round moniker but he couldn't even get close to the puck.

In all fairness, Weight pretty much told him to not take chances and play a simple game and had no faith in him.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
LOL, I never had a feel for Fritz before, so it isn't like Quine who played all year with a probable career ending injury.

I'm sorry, I just realized that I'm totally out of the loop regarding this. I don't even know why he is out. What happened to him again?

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I'm sorry, I just realized that I'm totally out of the loop regarding this. I don't even know why he is out. What happened to him again?

He had been scratched for about 10 games straight and then when the Isles acquired Wagner and Davidson they put him on the IR, same shoulder injury from the past off season, came back and played with less flexibility this year.

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Tanner Fritz isn’t a problem with this team.

Most contenders have a guy or two like him. A big problem is guys signed to long term contracts eating up significant cap hits who aren’t any better than Fritz.

Reactions: majormet

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Tanner Fritz isn’t a problem with this team.

Most contenders have a guy or two like him. A big problem is guys signed to long term contracts eating up significant cap hits who aren’t any better than Fritz.

That kind of sums it up, when you see what Ladd and Clutter are doing, hard to look at the body of work since January and look seriously, this is an unmotivated team, they checked out early on Weight and Weight could not outcoach Butch.

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
Snow liked to consider himself a genius for investing in ok players long term with the hope they become good...he got okiposo on a cheap contract...nielsen..and whats his name he traded 2 edmonton for the 1st round picks...problem is casey didnt develop into the guy he hoped...mayfield is no good now...and had no track history...clutterbuck regressed due to his body guard being in toronto...maybe clutterbuck was signed for tavares...either way its all misses lately with snow and his contracts...i hope tavares and barzal in a couple years dont listen to snows sob story and sign for 70 cents on the dollar.

warrior60

Dec 24, 2010
Hockey Town
That kind of sums it up, when you see what Ladd and Clutter are doing, hard to look at the body of work since January and look seriously, this is an unmotivated team, they checked out early on Weight and Weight could not outcoach Butch.
You can add Cizikas to this list not any better then Clutterbuck’s contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad