Tanner Fritz

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
There are guys that develop later, did he recently get better to be putting up those numbers, are he just looks like Sundin compared to Dal Colle

Of course, but people will point out that one of his weaknesses would be he has never broken through. He will have to get acclimated to the speed of the NHL, teammates and gain confidence.

A guy that is playing well in the Always Hungry League and has never made it to the big club will play with a chip on his shoulder if given the chance. I can't give any reasons to not give him a shot.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
He is our leading scorer in the AHL, never played at the NHL level and is a bit older than the current kids, is he a guy who can help the big club, what does he do good and what are his weaknesses
That goes to show you we have NO forward depth in the AHL. Our next forward prospect is Keiffer Bellows.

Eberzal is right. The answer to this problem is not in our system.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Of course, but people will point out that one of his weaknesses would be he has never broken through. He will have to get acclimated to the speed of the NHL, teammates and gain confidence.

A guy that is playing well in the Always Hungry League and has never made it to the big club will play with a chip on his shoulder if given the chance. I can't give any reasons to not give him a shot.

But there is one exception in Isles folklore lOL.... Mark Lawrence

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
That goes to show you we have NO forward depth in the AHL. Our next forward prospect is Keiffer Bellows.

Eberzal is right. The answer to this problem is not in our system.

I think pushing Ladd back to the bottom 6 and acquiring Maroon is one way to fix some of the problems.

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
jeez the guy is only 26, not like a career AHLer. He may only ever be a AHL guy but sometimes guys just need a chance.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
jeez the guy is only 26, not like a career AHLer. He may only ever be a AHL guy but sometimes guys just need a chance.

I know nothing about him, but had to speculate as there are no other options, he can put points on the board, maybe dealing for Maroon and trying this guy out should be our next moves

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Do you have any examples of guys who became NHLers after 26? Most end up career AHLers. They're fine for short periods, but that's it.

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Do you have any examples of guys who became NHLers after 26? Most end up career AHLers. They're fine for short periods, but that's it.
Are you asking about players who 'made it' as in achieved their potential? Because many would say Bailey didn't make it until last year when he was 26. I could go all the way back to Todd Bertuzzi who the Islanders gave up on(and I remember all the complaints about him being to soft and to slow as I am old enough) and he did not come into his own till the 99-00 season(25 yrs age). I would venture to guess that many NHL players do not find themselves until around 25-26 years old. Sometimes all it takes is giving a guy a chance. I have watched Fritz at the Bridge in 3 games(small sample I know) but he has looked very good positionally and strong on the puck. Will it translate to the NHL really there is only one way to find out.

Reactions: majormet

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Are you asking about players who 'made it' as in achieved their potential? Because many would say Bailey didn't make it until last year when he was 26. I could go all the way back to Todd Bertuzzi who the Islanders gave up on(and I remember all the complaints about him being to soft and to slow as I am old enough) and he did not come into his own till the 99-00 season(25 yrs age). I would venture to guess that many NHL players do not find themselves until around 25-26 years old. Sometimes all it takes is giving a guy a chance. I have watched Fritz at the Bridge in 3 games(small sample I know) but he has looked very good positionally and strong on the puck. Will it translate to the NHL really there is only one way to find out.

Sounds like we could look at this guy for a small sample of games before pulling a trade, if we sent Beau down too. Moulson wasn't young when he broke for us

Reactions: PROMputt

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Well...some of those career AHLers helped us in the past..

C McD..he's still around..Bottom feeder on Philly, but still around

Keith Aucoin...very effective PKer..Ok, so he didn't last that long..He could have had a small career if he was a bigger guy.

OMG..Tim wallace? He's back! Him..he's up and down..he has 101 games under his belt.

Cory fricken Conacher! THIRD line on the Lightning.

These are only the players that have a relationship with NYI. Fritz kind of reminds me of Yannick Perrault - He's a '71 kid who didn't get his shot till 1993 (13 games with the Leafs). I remember as a kid ....people were asking why he never got the call? His numbers were pretty good...still no call..

Well, that turned into a decent 12 year career.....probably the closest comparison I can come up with.

no reason to become arrogant...if a person has talent or you know how to get that talent out of that player...especially if he is working and doing his job (exceptionally well, I might add)...Give the man a shot. At the very least, Tanner Fritz deserves a few games.

Reactions: PROMputt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad