Tanking??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
(Probably not worth a thread but I had no idea where to post this)

Alright so, since I am a Panthers fan I feel very uncomfortable being so high up in the standings.

Anyways, I suggest we should be tanking!

Obviously, we should remain a playoff position because I mean yay! Playoffs!

But what would you think about purposely falling to the 2nd Wild Card spot?
While the idea sounds absolutely ridiculous said like that because we would be facing Washington in the first round but here are the pros of such an action.

1. Regular Season Wins vs Washington: 2
Regular Season Losses in Regulation vs Washington: 0

Could we actually do it??? It wouldn't be crazy to think so, even if Holtby did not play on these games, Luongo didn't either so who knows right? Also, the Caps are known for choking in the playoffs so..?

2. If we DO win, we face a Metro team, a division we have had great success this season. (I'm unsure of the record but it's crazy good.)

3. Staying within our division, I don't really feel confident going against Boston... We've not won (?) this season. They're one of those teams who could do a lot of damage to us so I'm really not feeling it. We could also face Detroit which has 24 years of playoff experience in a row while we have.... nothing.... Then there's Tampa and honestly, facing them in the first round is just kind of disappointing? If we finish first in the division, we could also face the Penguins which also have been awful to us this year...

4. This is the farthest streched one because there's a lot of hockey in the way but if we face Tampa Bay in the Eastern Conference Finals and we were to win, wouldn't we be way less tired from the travelling than if we are against say New York (whichever one), making us much more ready for the SCF!

Thoughts? I was just having one of these #ShowerThoughts and figured I'd share with you all!

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
No. Aim for home ice and let the chips fall where they may. It nearly worked vs the Devils last time, except our team was not built properly at the time and simply a make-shift team that overachieved. By the time playoffs rolled around we were too banged up. This time we have core young players and more importantly depth.

ytsur*

(Probably not worth a thread but I had no idea where to post this)

Alright so, since I am a Panthers fan I feel very uncomfortable being so high up in the standings.

Anyways, I suggest we should be tanking!

Obviously, we should remain a playoff position because I mean yay! Playoffs!

But what would you think about purposely falling to the 2nd Wild Card spot?
While the idea sounds absolutely ridiculous said like that because we would be facing Washington in the first round but here are the pros of such an action.

1. Regular Season Wins vs Washington: 2
Regular Season Losses in Regulation vs Washington: 0

Could we actually do it??? It wouldn't be crazy to think so, even if Holtby did not play on these games, Luongo didn't either so who knows right? Also, the Caps are known for choking in the playoffs so..?

2. If we DO win, we face a Metro team, a division we have had great success this season. (I'm unsure of the record but it's crazy good.)

3. Staying within our division, I don't really feel confident going against Boston... We've not won (?) this season. They're one of those teams who could do a lot of damage to us so I'm really not feeling it. We could also face Detroit which has 24 years of playoff experience in a row while we have.... nothing.... Then there's Tampa and honestly, facing them in the first round is just kind of disappointing? If we finish first in the division, we could also face the Penguins which also have been awful to us this year...

4. This is the farthest streched one because there's a lot of hockey in the way but if we face Tampa Bay in the Eastern Conference Finals and we were to win, wouldn't we be way less tired from the travelling than if we are against say New York (whichever one), making us much more ready for the SCF!

Thoughts? I was just having one of these #ShowerThoughts and figured I'd share with you all!

clearly not familiar with the expression "be careful what you wish for."

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Team has a good shot at winning the division, no reason to intentionally drop.

Plus we're too far out to guess the match up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad