GDT: Tankers vs. Mild

Status
Not open for further replies.

TQE

Mar 4, 2014
Yeah, Duclair, outside of a few isolated flashes, has looked very underwhelming. I guess he still has the rest of the season to show something, but I don't think it's a given they re-sign him at this point. I'd move him down the lines for some easier deployment, perhaps with Kampf and Hino.

Q's blender is is way on overdrive right now. He's changed everything up about as much as can be done, so often, to the point of being impossibly counterproductive. Just put Saad back with Toews and leave Schmaltz with Kane and go from there.

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
Saad and Panarin are light years apart in terms of players.. At least the hawks had one functional line. How much is a buyout for Toews? Toews in not insured, if he keeps this up for the remain years of his contract he might not make it to the hall of fame.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
/\ that being said, though, I have no doubt in my mind that Kane and Panarin would be tearing it up again this year. Kane would be right up there with the point leaders, for sure.

Kane & Panarin clicked as a duo since their first game together.

In all honesty, the PAK line was the only line that consistently produced for the Hawks the past two years. Toews has gone right back to being terrible.

He does have a smoking hot girlfriend though, so there's that. He has one thing going for him I guess.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Saad and Panarin are light years apart in terms of players.. At least the hawks had one functional line. How much is a buyout for Toews? Toews in not insured, if he keeps this up for the remain years of his contract he might not make it to the hall of fame.

They do different things.

Panarin is a more pure scorer while being even in turnovers, takes unnecessary penalties, and blocks fewer shots.

Possession numbers are very similar with Panarin having way better starting position.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Panarin has been great for Columbus... Yes his stats have dipped, but hes taken on a much bigger role, tougher match-ups, and inferior linemates (most of his time has been with a 19 year old rookie C and Josh Anderson..)

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Panarin has turned it on of late, and Columbus desperately needs it to make the playoffs.

Panarain has been the better player this year but as I have said in numerous threads, it hasn't been that wide of a margin for most of the year.

Before last night Panarain had 13 power play points - Saad - 1 power play point

That is where the two are really off in terms of stats, and this pathetic Hawks power play has hurt so many of our players point totals.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

icekoob

4th Liner
May 16, 2010
VALPO/chicago
Yeah, Duclair, outside of a few isolated flashes, has looked very underwhelming. I guess he still has the rest of the season to show something, but I don't think it's a given they re-sign him at this point. I'd move him down the lines for some easier deployment, perhaps with Kampf and Hino.

To be fair outside of cat, Schmaltz, and Hino no one has looked good. Even Kane seems to be loosing interest in effort. It's contagious it seems.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Panarin has turned it on of late, and Columbus desperately needs it to make the playoffs.

Panarain has been the better player this year but as I have said in numerous threads, it hasn't been that wide of a margin for most of the year.

That is where the two are really off in terms of stats, and this pathetic Hawks power play has hurt so many of our players point totals.
Problem is tho, Saad historically has been a bad PP player.

When he was here Shaw was as preferred over him.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Problem is tho, Saad historically has been a bad PP player.

When he was here Shaw was as preferred over him.

that is true at times, but his role was much different then, we simply had more weapons like Hossa and younger Sharp who were always on the power play. now he is playing top 6 minutes this year (much of the year) and getting power play time as well, but just like everyone else our power play point totals have been garbage.

migi

Feb 25, 2015

Duclair most definitely is going to be re-signed. Well okey, if he is part of a bigger trade for very good Dman, I can see him being traded.

He is getting pretty hard match-ups atm which is not good for him. He has shown a lot flashes but I dont like him in shutdown line. He has very good tools and I think next season he is going to be good in here.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

And unfortunately, the jury will still be out after this season as it is doubtful that we see both of these guys in the postseason, which, let's face it, performance in the PO's is what counts the most.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->