Pre-Game Talk: Tankers vs Army Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
didn't see a game day thread, so figured might as well discuss tonight's game...unless all the new posters on here heard correctly that we traded the entire team away and we aren't icing one tonight???? Seems that way from what I have been reading today...

...oh well, if Stanley didn't trade Kane and Keith away for a skate sharpener and a 3rd round pick...lets see if the slide for Dahlin continues!!!

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Tonight Hawks meet a team that bears a close resemblance to a complete rebuild, from the ground up - with a good coach to put it all together.

just saying.....

kuzy

Mar 31, 2012
St. Charles, IL
didn't see a game day thread, so figured might as well discuss tonight's game...unless all the new posters on here heard correctly that we traded the entire team away and we aren't icing one tonight???? Seems that way from what I have been reading today...

...oh well, if Stanley didn't trade Kane and Keith away for a skate sharpener and a 3rd round pick...lets see if the slide for Dahlin continues!!!

I think it's actually because we traded our team airplane so everyone is stuck in Phoenix :sarcasm:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Tonight Hawks meet a team that bears a close resemblance to a complete rebuild, from the ground up - with a good coach to put it all together.

just saying.....

Not really, IMO...

They're a team filled with players that all have something to prove after being cast-offs that nobody wanted, and are buying into a system from a good coach.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Got spanked by the worst team in the league, so honestly half expecting a dominant win just to completely trollhawk all of us.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Not really, IMO...

They're a team filled with players that all have something to prove after being cast-offs that nobody wanted, and are buying into a system from a good coach.

You're right .... should have added the big adjectives motivated and hungry. Gallant has done his job well, as did the entire management team beforehand.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Vegas is impressive as hell and I know I didn't see this coming. But does anyone think they can actually do anything in the playoffs? I'm still skeptical.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Vegas is impressive as hell and I know I didn't see this coming. But does anyone think they can actually do anything in the playoffs? I'm still skeptical.

Not sure they have enough to go on a deep run but they will be interesting to watch.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
for tonight, it would seem that the Hawks only hope is for Vegas to take the night off and be completely unmotivated. but... I have watched the Vegas teams last 10-12 games now in their entirety and they do not take games off --- or periods off --- or rarely even shifts off --- no matter who they play.

Tough to expect the hawks to win this one. but it is one game --- a little puck luck, a hot goalie, who knows. But... on paper looks like a major spanking coming.

Re: Vegas come playoffs. I would not be surprised to see them do well, potentially very well. Getting into the WCF series would not at all surprise me. But tough to say. they playoff style intensity every game in the regular season when most other teams do not --- hence their great record. So, come playoff time and their opponents match (or nearly match) the Vegas energy, the Knights may see lesser results. So... they may not go that far. Should be fun to watch though. Get a hot Fleury and a smidge of puck luck and they could win the conference.

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
The game plan over the last few games is to give up goals against early. If that happens we can all go to bed early. This teams chances of a comeback victory are nil.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
Goaltending will determine how far they go, I reckon.

Tonight, Hawks will likely get another lesson on what hard work and determination can do.

And what speed and fore-checking can do. And what net-front presence produces. And what criss-cross skating in the opposition zone does in causing goalies to continually go post-to-post. And what crisp passing and movement w/o the puck produces. The Golden Knights do not merely play harder --- they simply have a better system and more skill overall. Riley Smith, marrshshew (however it is spelled), Karlson, Haula, James Neal, and David Perron are all fast, all pass well and all can score --- that is six scorers --- that far exceeds the Hawks. their D is also much better than ours. And their goalies compared to ours (sans Crow) is also much better.

So... let us not think that somehow the Hawks have all this talent and they just do not play hard. there are plenty of teams who are more talented (and some of them play really hard too). Our roster is not so hot. Their confidence is beat down. I am not convinced that lack of effort for the Hawks is a major issue. It is a lack of developed talent from the masses (the young guys who are not yet where they will be) mixed with old guys who are diminished and are no longer able to carry the team and--- on top of that --- a pair of sub-par back-up goalies as our main goalies. It is a talent issue --- it is a system issue (and some bad coaching) --- and it is a confidence issue. Not so much an effort issue. At least that is my take.

Vegs is simply a much better team with a better roster and a much better system (and better coaching). And winning begets confidence (Vegas) just as losing crushes confidence (Hawks).

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
And what speed and fore-checking can do. And what net-front presence produces. And what criss-cross skating in the opposition zone does in causing goalies to continually go post-to-post. And what crisp passing and movement w/o the puck produces. The Golden Knights do not merely play harder --- they simply have a better system and more skill overall. Riley Smith, marrshshew (however it is spelled), Karlson, Haula, James Neal, and David Perron are all fast, all pass well and all can score --- that is six scorers --- that far exceeds the Hawks. their D is also much better than ours. And their goalies compared to ours (sans Crow) is also much better.

So... let us not think that somehow the Hawks have all this talent and they just do not play hard. there are plenty of teams who are more talented (and some of them play really hard too). Our roster is not so hot. Their confidence is beat down. I am not convinced that lack of effort for the Hawks is a major issue. It is a lack of developed talent from the masses (the young guys who are not yet where they will be) mixed with old guys who are diminished and are no longer able to carry the team and--- on top of that --- a pair of sub-par back-up goalies as our main goalies. It is a talent issue --- it is a system issue (and some bad coaching) --- and it is a confidence issue. Not so much an effort issue. At least that is my take.

Vegs is simply a much better team with a better roster and a much better system (and better coaching). And winning begets confidence (Vegas) just as losing crushes confidence (Hawks).

If the bold is actually true (organization wide), it is time to blow it up. I don't think it is true, personally.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
If the bold is actually true (organization wide), it is time to blow it up. I don't think it is true, personally.

Why don’t you think it’s true? How many more games do you need to watch to realize that this team lacks talent(this is a stupid word and I like to use “skill” instead), this team believe it or not is just not skilled enough to compete with most teams in the league and that’s the cold hard truth whether what the homer fans want to believe...

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
Why don’t you think it’s true? How many more games do you need to watch to realize that this team lacks talent(this is a stupid word and I like to use “skill” instead), this team believe it or not is just not skilled enough to compete with most teams in the league and that’s the cold hard truth whether what the homer fans want to believe...

I think you are right. Again, we have young guys with a nice future who are not yet developed enough to carry the team and old guys who can no longer carry the team. I see no less than 10 teams (and maybe 12 or 13, even 14 or so) with either a better combination of overall developed skill or comparable developed skill relative to the Hawks. That places the Hawks somewhere about middle of the pack. the Hawks are presently well below the middle of the pack based upon lost confidence, lost goalie and some bad coaching. But even if the coaching was solid and Crow was back the Hawks are still well... middle of the pack. Bubble team rather than a marginal competitor for a lottery pick --- but still just middling. Those who assert that there is a really good roster here are fooling themselves. it is OK... no more.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

And when exactly did you come to this conclusion?

Q should have been gone two years ago and Stan, right around the time that he inked the Seabs contract extension. Together they have brought this team to their knees and to where they are today.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
And when exactly did you come to this conclusion?

Q should have been gone two years ago and Stan, right around the time that he inked the Seabs contract extension. Together they have brought this team to their knees and to where they are today.

Yes Stan has sucked all the talent out of this team by overpaying players and trading good young guys like Panarin, TT and Danault. He also destroyed the D position which currently is missing 3 top 4 D-Men to be a contender. All this thus makes the team lacking in "talent" and being below most of the league...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad