Proposal: Tanev to NYI for 2nd +3rd

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
IF they lock up Tavares long term I can absolutely see them trading Barzal for a top pairing defensman.

If Barzal becomes good enough to return a top pairing defenseman, they should just keep him. Leddy is good enough to frontline a D group as long as their is good depth 1-6.

I'd rather roll with two top centers and a great #2 and solid 1-6 than a top center, top D and solid D group.

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
Vancouver needs picks, and the Islanders could use a defensive defenceman (although injury prone)

Montreal beats this easily: Jonathan Drouin, Brendan Gallagher, Noah Juulsen and a 1st for Chris Tanev, Loui Eriksson, and Sven Baertschi

Mar 26, 2010
That is too much for Tanev. No team will give a 2nd and 3rd for him. Vancouver fans have a delusional value for him.

member 290103

Vancouver needs picks, and the Islanders could use a defensive defenceman (although injury prone)

You must never watch Tanev play if you really think he can be had for a 2nd and 3rd. Cmon dude. Let's get real here. Maybe I should create a thread: Tavares for a protected 1st and B prospect?

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
That is too much for Tanev. No team will give a 2nd and 3rd for him. Vancouver fans have a delusional value for him.

You're right, no team will give a 2nd and 3rd for him, because they don't expect to. They expect Benning will want a first+ a very good prospect as a start.

Last edited by a moderator:

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Most Canuck fans won't even listen without putting Barzal on the table. A 2nd + 3rd is laughable.

But if the Isles were serious about acquiring Tanev, something like Kieffer Bellows + Ryan Pulock + 2nd/3rd would be the sort of package i could imagine Benning would be awfully tempted to pull the trigger on.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Absolutely or he's not going anywhere. Happy to keep our top pairing defenseman.

Benning?

pretty sure if the nucks do decide to do a proper rebuild, they will take a 1st + good prospect.
expecting a marner level player is just silly

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Overrate? More like being accurate against your Tanev underrating.. You overrate Leafs players, we know that. Who I said I wanted Tanev traded? You seem to have really weird imaginations.
it is pretty much 30 fan bases vs 1 fan base for the value of Tanev. And that 1 fan base telling the other 30 they are wrong. And it is pretty much like that for all Edler threads as well

Cquant

May 14, 2015
it is pretty much 30 fan bases vs 1 fan base for the value of Tanev. And that 1 fan base telling the other 30 they are wrong. And it is pretty much like that for all Edler threads as well

Fan bases aren't united and the opinions in a fan base differ. It makes more sense to look at just people who perceive players in some way. I haven't seen many Canucks fans asking for one of the big three since last year, and when they do, it's usually as a rage counter-proposal to someone trying to convince others that Tanev isn't worth a first.

Just because you wouldn't pay that price, doesn't mean others wont. Look at the posters defending Tanev's value. Many of them aren't Canucks fans.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Montreal beats this easily: Jonathan Drouin, Brendan Gallagher, Noah Juulsen and a 1st for Chris Tanev, Loui Eriksson, and Sven Baertschi
Canucks take this deal and run. Then I watch the Habs fall to last place and win the lottery with that 1st round pick. (The one that belongs to Vancouver).

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
The only delusional fans here are Leafs fans like you who hasn't watched Tanev enough consistently to perform an opinion. You know it's bad when your fellow Leafs have called you out on your massive Tanev downplay.

You're right, no team will give a 2nd and 3rd for him, because they don't expect to. They expect Benning will want a first+ a very good prospect as a start.

it's funny how you never spoke out when some of your Nuckleheads were calling Liljegren a bust and defensively inept in the Tanev to the Leafs thread, Liljegren btw now has 3 pts in 4 AHL games played as an 18 yr old

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
it's funny how you never spoke out when some of your Nuckleheads were calling Liljegren a bust and defensively inept in the Tanev to the Leafs thread, Liljegren btw now has 3 pts in 4 AHL games played as an 18 yr old

That's great for him, however you don't know if that'll translate over to the NHL. Our very own Derrick Pouliot is the perfect example of that.

Canucks aren't trading Tanev. Why would they trade there best defensive defenseman for such an underwhelming price? Doesn't make sense.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
That's great for him, however you don't know if that'll translate over to the NHL. Our very own Derrick Pouliot is the perfect example of that.

Canucks aren't trading Tanev. Why would they trade there best defensive defenseman for such an underwhelming price? Doesn't make sense.

yes you are correct not sure what happened but the new site is a little confusing it should have looked like this:

"but the truth is he's an 18 yr old kid playing in the AHL, Liljegren btw now has 3 pts in 4 AHL games played as an 18 yr old takes a middle pairing shift and plays the PP. It doesn't mean he's going to become a first pair D in the NHL, but it does mean he's exceeding as a teenager in a very tough professional league."

and to your second point I don't start these Tanev to anywhere threads but i do read them, there's some really bonehead stuff going on in most of them

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
yes you are correct not sure what happened but the new site is a little confusing it should have looked like this:

"but the truth is he's an 18 yr old kid playing in the AHL, Liljegren btw now has 3 pts in 4 AHL games played as an 18 yr old takes a middle pairing shift and plays the PP. It doesn't mean he's going to become a first pair D in the NHL, but it does mean he's exceeding as a teenager in a very tough professional league."

and to your second point I don't start these Tanev to anywhere threads but i do read them, there's some really bonehead stuff going on in most of them
Yeah same, I don't come to the trades thread too often, just some really dumb proposals. Just seems like a pissing match between Leafs and Canucks fans.

Reactions: therealkoho

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Considering Dallas got Marc Methot for a goalie prospect and a 2020 2nd, Marner-level young player is ridiculous.

If this is your valuation of defenceman in the NHL maybe you should find a new sport you might understand.
Like knitting or pole dancing.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle

I would say this is untrue. There's the irrational Canuck fans yes that believe Tanev fetches an elite prospect. There's also the irrational opposing fans who believe Tanev is worth a 2nd at best. Then theres the majority who believe Tanev is worth a first and a prospect. Most Canucks and Leaf fans have had some agreement on Tanev for something like Kap, Carrick and a 1st/2nd. It's when idiot Nuck fans bring up the big three and ignorant Leaf fans like RCS and holymakinaw say he's worth nothing is when things fall apart.

Reactions: cadillaccts

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
I would say this is untrue. There's the irrational Canuck fans yes that believe Tanev fetches an elite prospect. There's also the irrational opposing fans who believe Tanev is worth a 2nd at best. Then theres the majority who believe Tanev is worth a first and a prospect. Most Canucks and Leaf fans have had some agreement on Tanev for something like Kap, Carrick and a 1st/2nd. It's when idiot Nuck fans bring up the big three and ignorant Leaf fans like RCS and holymakinaw say he's worth nothing is when things fall apart.

So switching from Leafs to Isles, that'd be something like Bellows, Pulock and a conditional first (I may be undervaluing Bellows). Not Barzal, not Beauvillier, but not a second and third.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad