Pre-Game Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning vs Toronto Maple Leafs Jan 02

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
A fun poll might be:

Is this TB game gonna be as bad as most of us fear or surprisingly close and competitive?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
This game is scary. We just played one the leagues elite teams and were never really even in the games. Now here comes another one. It looks like we still have a long way to go before we can compete with the best teams in the league. Still, maybe TB will bring out the best in us, who knows.

Can you imagine how good we could be if we worked our butts off every game the way Vegas does? Easy to say, harder to do but still, makes me wonder what that magic formula is that enables some teams to play hard all the time. They're all pros being paid big bucks, shouldn't every team play like that every game?

Reactions: Bullseye

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
We scored as many goals vs. Vegas as Tampa did. Not sure if that helps but it's true. Keeping them outa our net - not so much.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
This game is scary. We just played one the leagues elite teams and were never really even in the games. Now here comes another one. It looks like we still have a long way to go before we can compete with the best teams in the league. Still, maybe TB will bring out the best in us, who knows.

Can you imagine how good we could be if we worked our butts off every game the way Vegas does? Easy to say, harder to do but still, makes me wonder what that magic formula is that enables some teams to play hard all the time. They're all pros being paid big bucks, shouldn't every team play like that every game?

Ya. It's knowing which players are willing to do it. Every one of Vegas' players were made available to them effectively wanted less by the teams that released them than others - that's motivating.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Consider what Babs has to work with on D before calling him a moron. With all the defensive warts this team has, he is more of a genius in my books.

He's not a moron, but he certainly does make some moronic decisions at times (Komarov on the PP?!). I'd take Carrick over what Marincin brings any day of the week. This is another one of those guys, like Komarov and Hyman, that Babcock just has an unreasonable preference for.

Anyway, not expecting much tonight.

Joedoggy

Feb 7, 2017

You kind of have to squint to see it. But as someone who tries to not look too deep into indirect implications of what management, I even think that’s being implied here.

Dont forget you are talking about a coach who is never wrong! He will deflect why things did not go well ..ALWAYS!
2nd best thing that could happen to the Leafs is to roll 4 lines with outline matching....But then why have Babcock who believes his line matching is 2nd to none?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->