Tambellini Traded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twisted Wrister

Jun 29, 2002
The Boardroom
Visit site
Lard_Lad said:
Which sounds like better preparation for the NHL?

Brendan Morrison, Marty Turco, Mike Knuble, and John Madden seem to be doing OK.... :shakehead

Not get into another CHL vs NCAA debate, but if you're good enough to make the NHL, it really doesn't matter where you play.

PEli*

Twisted Wrister said:
Brendan Morrison, Marty Turco, Mike Knuble, and John Madden seem to be doing OK.... :shakehead

Not get into another CHL vs NCAA debate, but if you're good enough to make the NHL, it really doesn't matter where you play.

If you're sick of this debate, don't list players. You list 5 NCAA talents and somebody will throw 25 CHL talents right back at you. It's a cycle that'll never end and it sucks. But hey, it beats the neverending WHL vs. OHL vs. QMJHL debates. Trust me.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Twisted Wrister said:

This quote is not true I some incedents, Jody Shelley almost got cut from Dalhousie University hockey as his game is fighting and in University there is not fighting so he was almost not good enough to make CIS hockey now he is playing NHL.

Also guys have the talent to make it but it depends on your development program which will help you in the future. It is all a matter of choice, some think NCAA is better prep some think CHL is better since the CHL you play more games and so on. All on who you talk to, but everyone will have a different opinion on which is better, me I would take CHL over NCAA if I thought I had the talent, but others might say NCAA??? What ever...both are doing their jobs well IMO.

Hockeypuck

Lard_Lad said:
I was talking about the playoffs. Kelowna and Michigan both made it to their national championship tournament last year, but Kelowna played 23 post-season games to Michigan's 7. If both repeated that performance this year, Tambellini would play twice as many games between now and the end of the year if he were in the WHL. Which sounds like better preparation for the NHL?
More games is good prep,but 4-5 days a week of practice with 2 games a week isn't a bad thing either. Both the NCAA and CHL offer different agendas,but are both successful.

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
Hockeypuck said:
More games is good prep,but 4-5 days a week of practice with 2 games a week isn't a bad thing either. Both the NCAA and CHL offer different agendas,but are both successful.
I've heard Jeff say he wants to get into the front office of an NHL team someday, so getting his degree would be a logical step. (Although he could still get his degree in Kelowna, if they have a University.)

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Douggy said:
I've heard Jeff say he wants to get into the front office of an NHL team someday, so getting his degree would be a logical step. (Although he could still get his degree in Kelowna, if they have a University.)

They sure do have a University here in Kelowna....

Funkymoses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad