Tallon vs. Chayka

Who do you think is the better GM?

• Total voters

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'll go with the guy who laid the foundations for a modern Cup dynasty (or as close as you can get to it) and made a few mistakes along the way, over the guy who has moneypucked his way into an absolutely garbage team that doesn't win anything, and an organization rife with instability and discontent.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Has to be Tallon. He has build up young promising team with really healthy prospect pool and he has hired Gallant and Boughner. Solid at drafting except i hated Crouse pick.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Tallon's last offseason was one of the worst I've ever seen from a GM. Gifted Vegas 2/3rds of one of the best lines in hockey. Doesn't matter that their stars are hot right now and they're on the way to the playoffs while Arizona aren't. GM rankings aren't totally predicated on whose team is better.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Tallon's last offseason was one of the worst I've ever seen from a GM. Gifted Vegas 2/3rds of one of the best lines in hockey. Doesn't matter that their stars are hot right now and they're on the way to the playoffs while Arizona aren't. GM rankings aren't totally predicated on whose team is better.

It was bad offseason but he had few solid pick ups. Signed Dadonov and hired Boughner who is really good coach. He had pressure from ownership to cut salary down. It was difficult offseason for sure.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
We're talking a young GM without any accomplishments versus a guy who was one of the key architects of the Blackhawks' Cup teams. Tallon had a dreadful expansion draft, but I don't think that's enough to tear down the rest of his achievements.

Until Billy Beane Jr. gets some actual sustained success on the ice, this is easily Tallon.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Chayka is also dealing with a severely low budget team.

The team has a 59m caphit right now and that is with 10m worth of players who don't play for the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad