Injury Report: T.J. Watt has a torn pectoral muscle (6 week absence?)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Apparently he's getting 2nd and 3rd opinions now and is trying to avoid surgery. Steelers have a decent defense, but they really really need him this year.
There aren’t many years you don’t need the defensive player of the year. He’s likely going to eventually need surgery even if it’s not right now. Rehabbing it can be risky, which is why he wants third and fourth opinions I guess.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
There aren’t many years you don’t need the defensive player of the year. He’s likely going to eventually need surgery even if it’s not right now. Rehabbing it can be risky, which is why he wants third and fourth opinions I guess.
Yeah, absolutely. I can't imagine him getting past this without need surgery at some point.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Could very well go the rehab route and see where the team is at.

Sure right now he wants to get back in as quick as he can and I'm sure he's trying to find someone that will tell him in can play sooner rather than later. However, in 6 weeks or whatever if the team is headed in the wrong direction maybe he opts for the surgery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad