T. J. Hensick's character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe d

Aug 15, 2004
Bad decision......I'm sure he would have liked to take that one back.

Bopp

Apr 10, 2003
Visit site
From what I saw on TV, I think Nystrom let him have it right on the bench. The Comentators said it looked like Nystrom was talking to the OS bench but I think he might have been talking to Hensick. HE was pissed off at someone. Who do you think it was? When the UM players went to see the goalie after the game, Hensick tried to talk to Nystrom and Nystrom kind of ignored him.

mooseOAK*

Anyone who calls himself by his initials is questionable in my judgment to begin with.

Funkymoses

Bopp said:
From what I saw on TV, I think Nystrom let him have it right on the bench. The Comentators said it looked like Nystrom was talking to the OS bench but I think he might have been talking to Hensick. HE was pissed off at someone. Who do you think it was? When the UM players went to see the goalie after the game, Hensick tried to talk to Nystrom and Nystrom kind of ignored him.

Nystrom was jawing with OSU, as I'm sure OSU did the night before. I guarantee you he doesn't care in the slightest about the ENG or his goal totals. He's bounced around from center to wing on the checking line this year, sacrificed personal totals for the team, and has never said anything to anyone about it. He couldn't care less about his stat line.

Furthermore, HENSICK TOUCHED THE PUCK AT CENTER ICE. Bueller? Bueller?

X0ssbar

Funkymoses said:

Sorry dude - that's not the way I saw it and I was at the game. The puck was cleared and Hensick came off the right center of the ice and met the puck right before it crossed the line and then he tapped it in.

Guess we need a video replay.

Munchausen

Funkymoses said:

He did try to catch it, but it jumped over his stick, he never actually touched it, it seemed pretty clear on both the play and the re-play.

Munchausen

sevenSteen said:
Woah woah woah.... it says they credited the goal to Nystrom though?

Apparently not since in the box score on OSU's site the goal was officially credited to Hensick, assist to Nystrom. I don't see how it could have been changed since Hensick clearly touches the puck before it goes in.

X0ssbar

sevenSteen said:
Woah woah woah.... it says they credited the goal to Nystrom though?

If you watch a little further on the video the TV guys announce that they end up changing the goal to Nystrom.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Is it possible he just got caught up in the excitement of the win and the empty netter? When a forward sees a puck and an empty net, it's his natural instinct to tap it in.

For sure. I did same thing in a game (well, ball hockey game). I saw it rolling towards the emoty cage and burst for it. Luckily, I realized what I was doing and was able to stop myself from banging it in. I felt bad afterwards for even trying, but what can you do?

Leetchie

Mar 3, 2002
Hillsborough, NJ
Visit site
Just saw the replay... pretty selfish play by Hensick. Not only the tap-in, but the cherry picking at center ice when there's an empty net at the other end? Pretty telling of the mentality of Hensick, in my opinion, without knowing much at all about him.

But Nystrom is the captain for a reason. Anyone with good leadership qualities will realize that this play is extremely trivial. Nystrom won't care one bit, and he shouldn't. If he does, he's not captain material himself.

On a side note, maybe the two are good friends off the ice, and Hensick did that as a joke so he could tease Nystrom later about not scoring a goal. Who knows? At this point, unless Hensick does similar things on a regular basis, this play is meaningless.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Leetchie said:
Just saw the replay... pretty selfish play by Hensick. Not only the tap-in, but the cherry picking at center ice when there's an empty net at the other end? Pretty telling of the mentality of Hensick, in my opinion, without knowing much at all about him.

But Nystrom is the captain for a reason. Anyone with good leadership qualities will realize that this play is extremely trivial. Nystrom won't care one bit, and he shouldn't. If he does, he's not captain material himself.

On a side note, maybe the two are good friends off the ice, and Hensick did that as a joke so he could tease Nystrom later about not scoring a goal. Who knows? At this point, unless Hensick does similar things on a regular basis, this play is meaningless.

Quite a few contradictions in your post. You admit, that ultimately the play was meaningless, yet without "knowing much at all about him" the same incident is indicitive of a character flaw? This whole thread is pretty meaningless if you ask me.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
did he touch the puck around center ice? i couldn't tell from such a low quality feed...but it may be that he touched it at center ice so it was his goal anyways, and he knew he had already touched it, so he just tucked it in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->