Injury Report: T.J. Brodie out 3-6 weeks with broken hand

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
This gives Nakladal a chance I think. He played well against Edmonton; he could be a good dman, looked awesome at the worlds earlier.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
anigif_optimized-29941-1427413465-1.gif

You're still NyQuil drunk and Brodie still has a broken hand.
:cry:

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
I still love our top 4 with

Gio-Hamilton
Rus-Wideman

and I think we can get 14 solid minutes out of Wotherspoon and Engelland

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
My reaction on seeing this thread:

Done..gif

Actually, doesn't sound too serious. This is the fifth metasomething

meta5car.gif

I've had this injury, it really isn't bad. He'll have a cast/half cast for a couple weeks than it should be a little tender for awhile. But heals relatively quick.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Legit question, why does like 1 roster player, at least, each pre-season sustain some sort of injury? :help:

Hopefully he's only out 3 at most. We need Brodie.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
so probably 2 weeks of the regular season gone. That gives hamilton a chance to mesh and get full minutes with gio. while one of nakladal, wotherspoon, and morrison could hold a bottom pairing job full time.

ideally engelland moves into more of a #7 role with a young guy as the #6

Trae

Calgary
Its the hand he uses to hold the top of his stick, can't see this being a 6 week injury, feeling pretty optimistic about it. Probably will miss first 3 or so games of the season.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I hope he doesn't rush it. It's not like the injury is forcing a bottom pairing guy to play top 4 minutes and a 100% healthy Brodie, down the stretch, will be far more valuable than the first 6-9 games.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
For real, on the Fan this morning they were talking about whether or not Andersson should stay up, including Wills. As good as he is, I think he should go back to Barrie. Ideally though, I wish he could go to Stockton.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
For real, on the Fan this morning they were talking about whether or not Andersson should stay up, including Wills. As good as he is, I think he should go back to Barrie. Ideally though, I wish he could go to Stockton.
Agreed. I would prefer him go to Barrie too.

If Nakladal isn't hurt seriously I think he and Wotherspoon start in the NHL but if Nakladal is still out it will come down to Morrison & Andersson.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Agreed. I would prefer him go to Barrie too.

If Nakladal isn't hurt seriously I think he and Wotherspoon start in the NHL but if Nakladal is still out it will come down to Morrison & Andersson.

I know I semi joke about this all the time, but I think Kylington is ready in the sense that his skating is ready and probably his offensive game is to. He actually has an advantage over some in that he's already played parts of 2 seasons in a pro league. In saying all that, his defensive game is the furthest behind a majority of defenders in our system and it could be disastrous to throw him into the fire this year. They would just need to shelter him far to much and it would not be beneficial for his development.

I think Andersson has a very good overall game, the only thing I think that would hurt him is his conditioning and skating, I think he could get exploited at times. But I cannot say that with any certainty, the Flames will pick whoever they feel most comfortable with.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
From everything I've heard, Wilson has been one of the better NHL ready guys, I could see him and Engelland or Wotherspoon starting the season on the 3rd line.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Johnny Hoxville;107155965[B said:
]I know I semi joke about this all the time, but I think Kylington is ready in the sense that his skating is ready and probably his offensive game is to[/B]. He actually has an advantage over some in that he's already played parts of 2 seasons in a pro league. In saying all that, his defensive game is the furthest behind a majority of defenders in our system and it could be disastrous to throw him into the fire this year. They would just need to shelter him far to much and it would not be beneficial for his development.

I think Andersson has a very good overall game, the only thing I think that would hurt him is his conditioning and skating, I think he could get exploited at times. But I cannot say that with any certainty, the Flames will pick whoever they feel most comfortable with.

We already have the necessary amount of dmen who can play offense. Gio, Hamilton, Wideman etc. Throwing Kylington on the 3rd line with Engelland/Smid/Wotherspoon/ Wilson(maybe)would be a disaster defensively. We would be going back to relying on two d pairings.

Agree with the 2nd part.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
We already have the necessary amount of dmen who can play offense. Gio, Hamilton, Wideman etc. Throwing Kylington on the 3rd line with Engelland/Smid/Wotherspoon/ Wilson(maybe)would be a disaster defensively. We would be going back to relying on two d pairings.

Agree with the 2nd part.

I think a guy like Russell who is competent in his own end but can move the puck out of his end would in theory compliment Engelland, once we are healthy. But yeah, this season Kylington and Engelland would not be a good pairing IMO, in fact it would be scary and I'm a massive Kylington supporter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad