Synthetic Ice/Iron Nets

TheViperOne

Jul 26, 2005
Hey all, I have a relatively big backyard and I was wondering where I can get some synthetic ice or something to simulate shooting/stickhandling on ice and an iron net to shoot at.

I have a great shot and I just graduated from my midget AAA team. Major Junior wants me to come out and tryout but I'm going to stick with school and go out to the RCMP instead. I am looking for something so I can keep my shooting/stickhandling skills in check so I have something to practice with everyday.

Ideas???

Markov79

Apr 22, 2002
Canuckastan
Visit site
tcooke said:
Hey all, I have a relatively big backyard and I was wondering where I can get some synthetic ice or something to simulate shooting/stickhandling on ice and an iron net to shoot at.

I have a great shot and I just graduated from my midget AAA team. Major Junior wants me to come out and tryout but I'm going to stick with school and go out to the RCMP instead. I am looking for something so I can keep my shooting/stickhandling skills in check so I have something to practice with everyday.

Ideas???

good call on the staying in school

technophile

Oct 10, 2005
Austin, TX
www.randomtree.org
I've heard that if you wax the heck out of a board (for instance a piece of plywood)--candle wax, surfboard wax, etc will work--you can shoot off it just like it's ice, and it's a heck of a lot cheaper than the "real" synthetic ice.

If you can't get a hold of an actual net, you can use another piece of plywood as the target; put colored tape on it where the posts would be, and paint or tape targets in the areas you want to practice shooting for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad