Confirmed with Link: Lefebvre relieved of his duties. Search for a new coach in Laval thread

Who Should Be Laval's Next Coach?

• Total voters

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Crazy huh how quiet it is since the season ended. What exactly does the management team do Day in and day out? There is so much in disarray that I find it hard to believe that Only Lefebvre has been held accountable so far.

I am just about to walk away from this fabled franchise until real changes are made.

I would have never imagined myself despising this franchise this much, thanks to a clueless owner and and even more clueless GM.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
Crazy huh how quiet it is since the season ended. What exactly does the management team do Day in and day out? There is so much in disarray that I find it hard to believe that Only Lefebvre has been held accountable so far.

I am just about to walk away from this fabled franchise until real changes are made.

I would have never imagined myself despising this franchise this much, thanks to a clueless owner and and even more clueless GM.

bro just do it, because Molson And MB master plan is too make realise the fans they have nothing to say about the team, they are recyclimg the fans to get the best ones... those who comply to whatever the team do without having the right of opinion.

Im about done already i do dispize this team right now only care about individuals.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

You're still hanging in for this endless crapshow, huh? How are you doing it? If I were living in Dallas, I'd be off to something else by now, you're spoiled lol.

Timmins, Churla and Telepin are in Russia for the IIHF U18 World Championship, Apr. 19-29:

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
You're still hanging in for this endless crapshow, huh? How are you doing it? If I'd be living in Dallas, I'd be off to something else by now, you're spoiled lol.

Timmins, Churla and Telepin are in Russia for the IIHF U18 World Championship, Apr. 19-29:

I might make the drive to watch the draft in June. 50 years of following this team is hard to break

Reactions: Runner77

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DLC wrote that maybe Patrick Roy will take over Armada from Bouchard instead of going back to Remparts. Remparts president Jacques Tanguay had offered Roy the head coach and general manager position, but Tanguay said he was surprised by Roy's response. He didn't specify what he told him. But some say that Roy may not go there.

Roy has been at both Armada games so far in their semi-final series against Charlottetown. So DLC throws up the possible scenario that maybe Roy is looking at taking over from Bouchard, which would allow Bouchard to head to the pro ranks. It's not any inside info they're sharing.

Food for thought, I guess.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
DLC wrote that maybe Patrick Roy will take over Armada from Bouchard instead of going back to Remparts. Remparts president Jacques Tanguay had offered Roy the head coach and general manager position, but Tanguay said he was surprised by Roy's response. He didn't specify what he told him. But some say that Roy may not go there.

Roy has been at both Armada games so far in their semi-final series against Charlottetown. So DLC throws up the possible scenario that maybe Roy is looking at taking over from Bouchard, which would allow Bouchard to head to the pro ranks. It's not any inside info they're sharing.

Food for thought, I guess.

He used to live in Boisbriand so it might just be because of that.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
SLy was a very bad headcoach, he seemed lost down there, but he never got any talent to developpe, so for all we know he might be a good talent developper. To me it has always been the drafting that sucked.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
An interesting series to follow in the AHL is Grand Rapids Griffins vs. Manitoba Moose. The Best-of-5 series is tied 1-1. Game 3 is on Wednesday. It could have been 2-0 for Grand Rapids as they were leading heading into the 3rd period of Game 1 before the Moose made the comeback.

Should the Griffins (who won the Calder Cup last year) eliminate Manitoba, Habs may ask Jets permission to talk with Pascal Vincent. Maybe for an assistant coaching job in Montreal to replace JJD?

Apparently, he has another year left on his contract and Winnipeg did extend Paul Maurice to a multi-year deal last September. And with how things went for the Jets this season, I doubt there will be a coaching change there.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
An interesting series to follow in the AHL is Grand Rapids Griffins vs. Manitoba Moose. The Best-of-5 series is tied 1-1. Game 3 is on Wednesday. It could have been 2-0 for Grand Rapids as they were leading heading into the 3rd period of Game 1 before the Moose made the comeback.

Should the Griffins (who won the Calder Cup last year) eliminate Manitoba, Habs may ask Jets permission to talk with Pascal Vincent. Maybe for an assistant coaching job in Montreal to replace JJD?

Apparently, he has another year left on his contract and Winnipeg did extend Paul Maurice to a multi-year deal last September. And with how things went for the Jets this season, I doubt there will be a coaching change there.

Vincent want to be HC

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Vincent want to be HC

So maybe Laval coach? I know the argument is he wouldn't accept a lateral move, particularly going from one of the top organizations in the league right now (both NHL and AHL) to one of the worst on both levels. But it shouldn't stop Habs from asking permission to talk to him.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
So maybe Laval coach? I know the argument is he wouldn't accept a lateral move, particularly going from one of the top organizations in the league right now (both NHL and AHL) to one of the worst on both levels. But it shouldn't stop Habs from asking permission to talk to him.

they need to ask but I'm sure the responds will be no

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Yeah, it's probably Bouchard. Not meeting Ducharme makes no sense. So they have to have their eyes on somebody else. And you have to think that there's probably already a contract ready to be signed. It better not be from the inside or even Tourigny. It's Ducharme or Bouchard. Everything else, UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE, will be bad.

Somehow though, an organizatoin as bad as we have would have had to make room for both of them. Have Bouchard as an assistant coach in the NHL. And have Ducharme coach the Rocket.

Geez if Alain Nesreddine can be a good assistant coach in the NHL...why couldn't Bouchard?

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Yeah, it's probably Bouchard. Not meeting Ducharme makes no sense. So they have to have their eyes on somebody else. And you have to think that there's probably already a contract ready to be signed. It better not be from the inside or even Tourigny. It's Ducharme or Bouchard. Everything else, UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE, will be bad.

Somehow though, an organizatoin as bad as we have would have had to make room for both of them. Have Bouchard as an assistant coach in the NHL. And have Ducharme coach the Rocket.

Geez if Alain Nesreddine can be a good assistant coach in the NHL...why couldn't Bouchard?

Leadership-Quotes-19.jpg

Not sure Bergevin wants leaders around him, not sure he can handle competition.

When he said he didn't want 'yes-men' damn I laughed so hard, to me that's exactly what he wants. (reverse psychology)

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Why would you not even interview Ducharme though, even if you do have a candidate in mind. Makes no sense.
Because the Montreal Canadiens don't like being told what they should do....they'll refuse to even interview Ducharme and they'll hire someone else almost entirely out of spite.

Reactions: Laurentide

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Because the Montreal Canadiens don't like being told what they should do....they'll refuse to even interview Ducharme and they'll hire someone else almost entirely out of spite.

They probably did the same with Barre-Boulet, thinking "You want us to sign him ? Well f*** you, we won't !"

employee-performance-review-not-listening.jpg

Sarcasm aside, maybe it's only a smokescreen too, maybe they're just waiting for Bouchard to end his season, so that both of them can be signed at the same time...

Or maybe they're just stupid.

In a world of probabilities, everything's possible.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Yeah.

It's just a strange way to do business. Even if they know him, it's still part of the due diligence and process of hiring someone.

It's just another one of those things that gives off the impression the team is run like a PME, not a billion dollar sports franchise.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Does that giant tool JJD still have a job with the big club?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad