Confirmed with Link: Lefebvre relieved of his duties. Search for a new coach in Laval thread

Who Should Be Laval's Next Coach?

• Total voters

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
That comment was very surprising. Even Tony was surprised by it with his "wow! Really?" comment.
Lebeau said that he put 85% of the importance on drafting, after speaking during 15min about how the coaching was outdated, which was a bit weird. If drafting was so important, how are you talking over the past 15 minutes about how having an old school mentality and no focus on winning also very important...?
I'm not sure how much weight I put into his percentages...and I don't think that's really important.

But he talked for 15 mins about the old school mentality because that's what he was repeatedly asked about...when the questions shifted more to the drafting, he talked about that at length, about how the Habs philosophy needs to change.

So he touched on both aspects - he just believes that coaches aren't miracle workers, and I share that belief.

I believe he used the analogy of "coaches can't polish rocks into diamonds".

But what does a former coach, who coached in the Montreal Canadiens system and worked with Montreal Canadiens prospects & other coaches, really know about Montreal Canadiens prospects/coaches, right @Miller Time .

Your word is bond here.

I agree with him, drafting is definitely the most important aspect. I wouldn't say it's that lopsided though, but I agree, drafting is more important.
That said, I don't think it's as simple as that as each player represents a different case.
Well we agree here and I don't think he (or I) have ever said that it was JUST that.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I'm not sure how much weight I put into his percentages...and I don't think that's really important.

But he talked for 15 mins about the old school mentality because that's what he was repeatedly asked about...when the questions shifted more to the drafting, he talked about that at length, about how the Habs philosophy needs to change.

So he touched on both aspects - he just believes that coaches aren't miracle workers, and I share that belief.

But what does a former coach, who coached in the Montreal Canadiens system and worked with Montreal Canadiens prospects & other coaches, really know about Montreal Canadiens prospects/coaches, right @Miller Time .

Your word is bond here.
And I don't think anybody here believes that either. Lebeau was a bit evasive in some areas though.
He called Sly a good coach, didn't say he deserved to be fired and went politically correct with his "Habs just needed a new change.."

It's impossible to know what prospect could have done a better job under different tutelage. All you can do is ask yourself if you think we got the best out of our prospects under Sly, or close to it. Personally I don't think so. Most of the kids are rather mediocre and unimpressive. That alone is worth the firing.

A big problem I have though is how Sly could get away with "winning is not important". Obviously, Habs management must have agreed with that philosophy to keep him there that long. How can any coach believe that is astonishing to me. Knowing the value of winning and building that drive are key components of development. No..we don't care if we win, just go home and work on your shooting buddy...
Hell no. Winning f***ing matters.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Some more wisdom...awesome.

Not quite what I said, I said that i've advanced the opinion that I think drafting has been more of the issue, compared to coaching/development.

A former member of the Montreal Canadiens developmental staff, went on the radio and reiterated that belief from his own practical experience.

Now you want to stand on your soapbox and say i'm wrong and Lebeau's wrong...

OK then, all bow to @Miller Time

You're right, i'm wrong...whatever helps you sleep at night man.

Waste of time discussing this with you...you could of just resumed your thoughts by saying "i'm right and you're wrong because I said so".
I had an argument on a Facebook page this morning with a Leafs fan who still believes in the myth that the reason why the Habs were successful back in the day was because they were given a special dispensation to corner the market on all Quebec-born players. This myth has been thoroughly debunked many times and is easily sourced on the internet yet the myth persists in the minds of Leafs fans (even when I went to the trouble of posting the link which they naturally refuse to read) I guess believing that the Habs cheated is easier than accepting the fact that Leafs management wasn't very good at their job, were too prejudiced against francophones to bother hiring any to scout in Quebec and got pwned by the rest of the league as soon as expansion happened and great players no longer fell into their lap. The myth also has no explanation for why the Habs never bothered to exercise their dispensation for all but the last one or two years it was in effect (and all they got for their efforts were Gary Monahan and Michel Plasse) or that several elite French Canadian players (like Camille Henry, Rod Gilbert, Jean Rattelle) still managed to find their way on to other teams, just not the Leafs. Two Leafs of the 60's, Marcel Pronovost and Pierre Pilote, never played a game for the bleu, blanc, rouge. How was that possible if the Habs had this so-called monopoly?

Like I told the guy, you're entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts. Stephane Lebeau is speaking from direct experience as a former employee of the club. Miller Time is just talking out of his hind quarters. He isn't about to let facts get in the way of his chosen narrative or agenda.

Reactions: Bloumeister and 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
And I don't think anybody here believes that either. Lebeau was a bit evasive in some areas though.
Well what other conclusion could one reach when i'm being told by the same people that drafting is not the issue and that only SL was?

He called Sly a good coach, didn't say he deserved to be fired and went politically correct with his "Habs just needed a new change.."
He said Sly wasn't the best coach he's worked with but that he believes he's a quality coach - which was telling because they clearly had some sort of falling out, he could of took a shot at him...but he reserved all of his shots to the organization at large.

That was quite the indictment.

It's impossible to know what prospect could have done a better job under different tutelage. All you can do is ask yourself if you think we got the best out of our prospects under Sly, or close to it. Personally I don't think so. Most of the kids are rather mediocre and unimpressive. That alone is worth the firing.
I'll answer this, the following way.

I don't think another coach could have gotten much more out of the prospects that played under Sly and considering the one's who have moved on to other organizations and played under different coaches and none of them have ever reached their potential (hell, some of them are out of hockey period).

Was Sly a terrible coach - without a shadow of a doubt.

Did he get much to work with? I don't think so (and saying this, doesn't absolve Sly of the terrible job he did).

A big problem I have though is how Sly could get away with "winning is not important". Obviously, Habs management must have agreed with that philosophy to keep him there that long. How can any coach believe that is astonishing to me. Knowing the value of winning and building that drive are key components of development. No..we don't care if we win, just go home and work on your shooting buddy...
Hell no. Winning ****ing matters.
I can buy that winning is secondary in the AHL...but it's secondary as long as the primary objective, graduating prospects to the NHL, is being met.

Reactions: Tyson

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I had an argument on a Facebook page this morning with a Leafs fan who still believes in the myth that the reason why the Habs were successful back in the day was because they were given a special dispensation to corner the market on all Quebec-born players. This myth has been thoroughly debunked many times and is easily sourced on the internet yet the myth persists in the minds of Leafs fans (even when I went to the trouble of posting the link which they naturally refuse to read) I guess believing that the Habs cheated is easier than accepting the fact that Leafs management wasn't very good at their job, were too prejudiced against francophones to bother hiring any to scout in Quebec and got pwned by the rest of the league as soon as expansion happened and great players no longer fell into their lap. The myth also has no explanation for why the Habs never bothered to exercise their dispensation for all but the last one or two years it was in effect (and all they got for their efforts were Gary Monahan and Michel Plasse) or that several elite French Canadian players (like Camille Henry, Rod Gilbert, Jean Rattelle) still managed to find their way on to other teams, just not the Leafs. Two Leafs of the 60's, Marcel Pronovost and Pierre Pilote, never played a game for the bleu, blanc, rouge. How was that possible if the Habs had this so-called monopoly?

Like I told the guy, you're entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts. Stephane Lebeau is speaking from direct experience as a former employee of the club. Miller Time is just talking out of his hind quarters. He isn't about to let facts get in the way of his chosen narrative or agenda.

Look who's talking.

You've been corrected about Subban's place on the Preds for a week now, yet you still repeat the same falsehood about Subban being #3.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

At least you gave him that...he won't even allow me to have my own opinion lol

Reactions: Laurentide

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
That comment was very surprising. Even Tony was surprised by it with his "wow! Really?" comment.
Lebeau said that he put 85% of the importance on drafting, after speaking during 15min about how the coaching was outdated, which was a bit weird. If drafting was so important, how are you talking over the past 15 minutes about how having an old school mentality and no focus on winning also very important...?

I agree with him, drafting is definitely the most important aspect. I wouldn't say it's that lopsided though, but I agree, drafting is more important.
That said, I don't think it's as simple as that as each player represents a different case.

None of us really know what an old school mentality really means. It's possible the habs have very poor pro scouts. Terms like ''old school mentality'' don't really say all that much.

I look at it this way:
It would be easier to coach a decent team with better players. It's a lot harder as a coach to try and polish turds into diamonds for the big leagues. Timmins has not done an adequate job.

Reactions: Beer and Chips

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Well what other conclusion could one reach when i'm being told by the same people that drafting is not the issue and that only SL was?
Well I haven't really followed the discussion so I guess you are in a better position to respond.
Personally, I think Sly was terrible, but also don't think he can pull miracles.

He said Sly wasn't the best coach he's worked with but that he believes he's a quality coach - which was telling because they clearly had some sort of falling out, he could of took a shot at him...but he reserved all of his shots to the organization at large.

That was quite the indictment.
Which was a bit weird seeing how there was no prospect graduating. So...nobody graduates and your team sucks all the time. How can you claim a coach to then be of quality?..
Seems like a BS politically correct answer.
I'll answer this, the following way.

I don't think another coach could have gotten much more out of the prospects that played under Sly and considering the one's who have moved on to other organizations and played under different coaches and none of them have ever reached their potential (hell, some of them are out of hockey period).

Was Sly a terrible coach - without a shadow of a doubt.

Did he get much to work with? I don't think so (and saying this, doesn't absolve Sly of the terrible job he did).
Well I disagree. I see no reason why in 5 years we could not have developed a steady 4th liner. No, I don't think a coach could come here and turn Kristo into Malkin. As I said, I don't believe in miracle workers. But a steady 4th or 3rd liner? Hell ya we could have.
I can buy that winning is secondary in the AHL...but it's secondary as long as the primary objective, graduating prospects to the NHL, is being met.
I think those go hand in hand. If your developing great players, well those guys will stay in the AHL for a bit and therefore make your team better. I think it was Lebeau...or maybe McGuire..that said that, which has always been my thinking..You have what, maybe 2-4 solid prospects that can jump ship into the NHL in a year at the most? What are you doing with the rest of the team?
You don't have 10 players in the AHL that you are developing to make the NHL. If that is your approach to your team, there's no way you will develop well. You have a bunch of guys all trying to develop together not learning anything among each other.
You need to have a couple of guys at a time, that are surrounded by solid veterans and AHL quality regulars. You have a few prospects that are part of the team, you can't have a team filled with prospects.

I think that is an organizational problem, but apparently Sly was totally on board with this, which is weird.

Reactions: 417

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
None of us really know what an old school mentality really means. It's possible the habs have very poor pro scouts. Terms like ''old school mentality'' don't really say all that much.

I look at it this way:
It would be easier to coach a decent team with better players. It's a lot harder as a coach to try and polish turds into diamonds for the big leagues. Timmins has not done an adequate job.
Of course, it would be easier, but I'm not looking for diamonds. We can't even point to steady 3rd or 4th liners. Forget diamonds, we can't even find a pebble.

I'm not saying Timmins has done a good job himself, but Sly has nothing going for him.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Which was a bit weird seeing how there was no prospect graduating. So...nobody graduates and your team sucks all the time. How can you claim a coach to then be of quality?..
Well some prospects have graduated...but agreed, it was a bit weird to hear that answer. He didn't seem to want to be politically correct when it came to the Habs organization, he threw them under the bus a few times.

Well I disagree. I see no reason why in 5 years we could not have developed a steady 4th liner. No, I don't think a coach could come here and turn Kristo into Malkin. As I said, I don't believe in miracle workers. But a steady 4th or 3rd liner? Hell ya we could have.
Out of who exactly?

DLR is going to be a 4th liner next year...so will McCarron (if he's still a Hab come October)...Carr is a 4th liner.

I just don't know off hand how many teams 'develop' players as 4th liners.

I think those go hand in hand. If your developing great players, well those guys will stay in the AHL for a bit and therefore make your team better. I think it was Lebeau...or maybe McGuire..that said that, which has always been my thinking..You have what, maybe 2-4 solid prospects that can jump ship into the NHL in a year at the most? What are you doing with the rest of the team?
Perhaps in theory - in practice, i'm not sure that's ever been the case for our AHL affiliate in any given year.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Look who's talking.

You've been corrected about Subban's place on the Preds for a week now, yet you still repeat the same falsehood about Subban being #3.
I never said I thought he was #3. I couldn't care less one way or the other. I said that I've read depth charts from reputable sources which have him on the second pair. I was making a semantic argument.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Out of who exactly?

DLR is going to be a 4th liner next year...so will McCarron (if he's still a Hab come October)...Carr is a 4th liner.

I just don't know off hand how many teams 'develop' players as 4th liners.
Well there isn't much point in playing the name game as I say one, you say nope not that one...
I think we can simply leave it as rather disappointing that we can't even point to a steady 3rd or 4th liner after 6 years.
Put drafting and development in there. They both sucked.
Perhaps in theory - in practice, i'm not sure that's ever been the case for our AHL affiliate in any given year.
Which isn't much of an argument considering our lacklustre performance...

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Well I haven't really followed the discussion so I guess you are in a better position to respond.
Personally, I think Sly was terrible, but also don't think he can pull miracles.

You don't have 10 players in the AHL that you are developing to make the NHL. If that is your approach to your team, there's no way you will develop well. You have a bunch of guys all trying to develop together not learning anything among each other.
You need to have a couple of guys at a time, that are surrounded by solid veterans and AHL quality regulars. You have a few prospects that are part of the team, you can't have a team filled with prospects.

I think that is an organizational problem, but apparently Sly was totally on board with this, which is weird.
I don't need Sly or any other farm team coach to be a miracle worker who polishes turds into gold nuggets. But bad drafting doesn't account for the AHL team being putrid for almost the entire time that Sly was behind the bench. The big knock against the Habs drafting record is that they fail to get NHL caliber players. That means they're mostly drafting AHL caliber players. As such, Laval should be doing okay relative to their competition. They are an AHL team with largely AHL caliber players on the roster. You don't need to get generational talent to win at the AHL level. They had the AHL's leading scorer this year yet still finished dead last. They had Lindgren in net, a guy who many believe is close to being ready for prime time, and still finished dead last. Sorry, but I'm not buying the excuses. There's enough pieces there to be better than a bottom feeder.

Moreover, and because the Habs have volunteered to handcuff themselves with their stupid "French only" coaching rule, they should be using the AHL bench to groom their future head coaches. Sly was never going to be anything more than what he was and even Bergevin isn't delusional enough to believe otherwise. If you must have francophone coaches then you have to grow your own. So instead of using the AHL coaching position as a repository for your old drinking buddies, you need to use it as a prep school for your future NHL head coach. I am told that there are at least a couple of francophone coaches in the Q who are ready to move up. Fine. Hire them and develop them so that when Julien is shown the door you have more options than just whichever hack happens to be guest starring on L'Antichambre this week.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Can't use his iPhone or talk in his office cause other GMs have him tapped to find out his plan, has to sneak outside like he's in the Wire
MB: Geoff, I can't talk long, I think Peter Chiarelli is following me
GM: Ok, did you do what I asked?
MB: Yes. He's gone.
GM: Excellent. And his replacement?
MB: His what now?

Are you saying Bergevin is paranoid? That he thinks everyone is out to get him?

nlseih.jpg

Is that why he hides behind plants?

no6b6q.jpg

Or maybe he believes in conspiracy theories? Is he a revisionist?

That would explain Tuesday's actions, at least :huh:

fod5x5.jpg

You may be on to something, Rhino. How do you explain Bergevin's almost pathological tendency to trade for 4th liners and pick up players on waivers? How do you explain that Byron is waived in CGY, and suddenly he becomes a 20-goal scorer in MTL? Are we certain we're talking about the same player?

30a3xie.jpg

OMG OMG OMG

:scared: :scared: :scared:

#PaulIsDead

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't know...I saw the same player in junior & with team Canada, than I did with the Montreal Canadiens.

Yes he was on pace for 20pts in the NHL at 20, but you've often mentioned (and so have I) that we can't put too much stock in numbers put up by unproven players when there's nothing to play for. Leblanc played with the Habs his first year when they had an awful year (Cunneyworth year).

So yeah, he looked decent but that sample was small and skewed. His game, IMO, never progressed from that point. Is that exclusively on Lefebvre? Maybe, i'm not convinced...not when I always questioned his desire to actually play pro hockey.

well you should have seen the same player in the Q, WJC's and with the Habs cause his game was always the same. Hard working two way player. But after playing a couple seasons under Lefebvre his game was night and day, he looked like a shell of himself. Now is that on Lefebvre? Maybe he just didn't have the desire who knows but I do question the development side when he's one of our best players in the AHL and then he looks like shit under a different coach. I've said everyone involved shares the blame, Leblanc, management, Timmins, Lefebvre.

As for small sample size yes it was a bad year but he did play half a season (42 games) and didn't look out of place. Just seems odd that he was playing so well in Hamilton under Jodoin but under Lefebvre all the sudden he's not getting playing time, PP time, just doesn't make sense why you would take your 1st round pick that just came off a a very solid rookie year in the AHL and you have the worst PP in the league yet you replace him with terrible players. For me there is certainly some blame for Lefebvre here the question is how much.

I was never a big Beaulieu fan and I know you weren't either...but having watched him with the Seadogs, he like Leblanc, is a player who just hasn't progressed. He's the same player today that he was in juniors.

In juniors, he got by on his skating and the fact he played on some very good teams...as he moved up to professional ranks, his game didn't progress and the competition around him got better.

We don't agree as Leblanc's game regressed hard, Beaulieu just didn't progress so I wouldn't compare them. I just think it reflects poorly on the development side that imo he was playing his best when with Gonchar. I guess I just assume that a former NHL defensemen would be able to work with defensemen to make them better. But I've said all along there is a lot of blame to go around. Management for calling him up too soon, yo-yoing, MT benching him, Timmins and his staff, Beaulieu.

But it's hard to understand what went wrong as last year he puts up 28 pts in 74 games. That's a career high for Petry before this year, so clearly that's good production. So after playing over 200 NHL games he at least looked like he was going to be able to be a decent 5th type that puts up some points but just makes poor decisions. So had he done that again this year, things don't look as bad with him.

So we agree here...problem was less coaching/development and more with the drafting of the player itself?

the Habs moved UP to draft Tinordi, passing over an Evgeny Kuznetsov...this was a drafting mistake, yes, with the power of hindsight that's easy to say, not saying otherwise, but this is what scouts are paid to do. Not just identify the best junior aged players, anyone can do that, but they're paid to project into the future.

No we don't agree here. I think all parties involved are to blame. Timmins, Tinordi, management, MT, Lefebvre. Now I don't know what was said to the kid but whoever told him it was a good idea to fight was giving him bad advice. Now granted his puck handling skills were so bad that's on the scouting but as I said I give them more of a pass as around that time who would have thought a 6'6 physical bluliner with solid mobility would not be sought after years later.

Yes they made a huge mistake at the draft in moving up to get him but they should never have called him up so soon. MT should have given him more of a rope to make mistakes. Lefebvre again I just look at a former NHL defensemen and think they should be able to help them but Tinordi didn't progress. He could never find consistency so for me right or wrong I put some of the blame on Lefebvre.

Yes, he was certain yanked around to much, brought over too soon...so definitely a developmental issue here. But it looks like he turned a bit of a corner in the AHL last year, he had a strong finish and this year, when he was finally given a shot, he performed pretty well when you consider the circumstances.

We'll see where he's at next year...but he's going to play for Sweden at the WC's, I don't think you or I or anyone could of predicted that last year.

Seems like progress to me.

He looked his best in the NHL at 19 imo, that's troubling. Yes he's progressed this year after spending a full season in the NHL but how much was that due to the late in season play? We'll see what happens to him next year and clearly it's not all on Lefebvre as that's a common theme. For me the drafting/development go hand in hand and management calling this kids up too soon is part of the problem. I think it's a very big part, since I feel that hockey is mostly mental, that messing with a kids confidence is very dangerous.

Fair point - but development has to be about more than just putting players on specific lines...

When I look at McCarron, I see a guy who is going to be a 4th liner in the NHL, maybe a 3rd if he puts it all together...that seems in line with what he was described to be when he was drafted.

He was described as a long term prospect who if he rounded out his game, could contribute in a bottom 6 role and that's likely the role he's going to play next year.

Busted development? Or are we getting what we drafted?

I lean on the latter.

Yes there's more to development then lines. But just like the NHL you want to put your players in a position to succeed. Give them the help they need. Try to build up their confidence. McCarron looks night and day to what he did. He's regressed hard, that's on Lefevbre. Now once again I blame everyone. Management, Timmins, McCarron, Lefebvre.

I don't disagree - I just don't know how much could of reasonably have been expected from guys like Crisp. You draft a guy whose a plug in juniors, what do you expect him to be at the next level?

All in all, I think we're on the same page...you just tend to put more weight in the coaching/developmental side and I put more weight in the draft philosophy of the Habs.

In the grand scheme of things, we're all talking about needing changes to the amateur side of things.

it's very likely that Crisp was just a bad pick, just that I tend to give more of a pass when they miss so much development time to injury. More of a you just never know what might of happened had they not been injured.

For me I place equal weight on drafting/development I guess as I haven't really thought about it. I continue to say that the blame is on all the above. It starts with drafting, it then moves to development and then when management calls them up too soon and finally on the player himself for not improving on the areas he needed to.

It's just that I know Timmins has proven in the past he can find talent, but I often hated the decisions Lefebvre would make, or even listening to him talk hockey. I just never cared for him or the job he did. I have been very strongly against managements need to call up players too soon, which imo plays a big part in the problems. Yes if you make a mistake at the draft table, it's not very likely to be fixed at any stage of development, by management or the player. But if more of the problems are how they are handled then imo development plays a bigger role in the problems we are having.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Your word is bond here.

Well we agree here and I don't think he (or I) have ever said that it was JUST that.

Jean Perron, former cup winning coach.

Experience does not equal competency or quality of analysis.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Are you saying Bergevin is paranoid? That he thinks everyone is out to get him?

nlseih.jpg

Is that why he hides behind plants?

no6b6q.jpg

Or maybe he believes in conspiracy theories? Is he a revisionist?

That would explain Tuesday's actions, at least :huh:

fod5x5.jpg

You may be on to something, Rhino. How do you explain Bergevin's almost pathological tendency to trade for 4th liners and pick up players on waivers? How do you explain that Byron is waived in CGY, and suddenly he becomes a 20-goal scorer in MTL? Are we certain we're talking about the same player?

30a3xie.jpg

OMG OMG OMG

:scared: :scared: :scared:

#PaulIsDead

These are hilarious Blou, thanks for the laughs.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I don't need Sly or any other farm team coach to be a miracle worker who polishes turds into gold nuggets. But bad drafting doesn't account for the AHL team being putrid for almost the entire time that Sly was behind the bench. The big knock against the Habs drafting record is that they fail to get NHL caliber players. That means they're mostly drafting AHL caliber players. As such, Laval should be doing okay relative to their competition. They are an AHL team with largely AHL caliber players on the roster. You don't need to get generational talent to win at the AHL level. They had the AHL's leading scorer this year yet still finished dead last. They had Lindgren in net, a guy who many believe is close to being ready for prime time, and still finished dead last. Sorry, but I'm not buying the excuses. There's enough pieces there to be better than a bottom feeder.

Moreover, and because the Habs have volunteered to handcuff themselves with their stupid "French only" coaching rule, they should be using the AHL bench to groom their future head coaches. Sly was never going to be anything more than what he was and even Bergevin isn't delusional enough to believe otherwise. If you must have francophone coaches then you have to grow your own. So instead of using the AHL coaching position as a repository for your old drinking buddies, you need to use it as a prep school for your future NHL head coach. I am told that there are at least a couple of francophone coaches in the Q who are ready to move up. Fine. Hire them and develop them so that when Julien is shown the door you have more options than just whichever hack happens to be guest starring on L'Antichambre this week.
No arguments from me, I agree.
I would add that Timmins had no problem drafting NHL caliber players before the Bergevin era too.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Hell no. Winning ****ing matters.
"Winning is not important" MB clone.

What is important is keeping your own job and salary. Try to look like you know what you are doing. Get some purple pants and flashy glasses. Touch your glasses when speaking to the camaras.Work the phones.

Like George Castanz.."look busy"

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad