Sykora II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karamazov

Mar 6, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
Does anyone know what the status of Washinton's Petr Sykora is right now. As far as I can tell he hasn't played yet in the preseason. I thought there might be an outside shot at him taking a spot on the top 6 for the Caps this year but I don't know if he's even confirmed his contract yet. Anyone have the inside scoop on this one?

JeanValjean

Karamazov said:
Does anyone know what the status of Washinton's Petr Sykora is right now. As far as I can tell he hasn't played yet in the preseason. I thought there might be an outside shot at him taking a spot on the top 6 for the Caps this year but I don't know if he's even confirmed his contract yet. Anyone have the inside scoop on this one?

The "other" Petr Sykora is an enigma. Last year there were all kinds of harsh words between Sykora's agent(s) and the Caps' management. This past summer Sykora apparently agreed in principle to a contract and we Cap fans thought he was gonna come over. But, somehow, Sykora didn't get around to actually signing the contract. He might have tried to negotiate a way out of his Czech contract to come over but evidently it didn't work because he's not here.

I think Sykora has a screw loose. Or else he just doesn't have the will to play in the NHL.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
JeanValjean said:
The "other" Petr Sykora is an enigma. Last year there were all kinds of harsh words between Sykora's agent(s) and the Caps' management. This past summer Sykora apparently agreed in principle to a contract and we Cap fans thought he was gonna come over. But, somehow, Sykora didn't get around to actually signing the contract. He might have tried to negotiate a way out of his Czech contract to come over but evidently it didn't work because he's not here.

I think Sykora has a screw loose. Or else he just doesn't have the will to play in the NHL.

Sykora wouldn't mind playing in the NHL but it's going to take money. He would just assume play in the Czech league if he is going to make under around 500k here.

He did come over a bit and play for Nashville's IHL affiliate but his heart wasn't in it and after a little over a year, he went back home.

Karamazov

Mar 6, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
Yeah I heard that they had agreed on a contract in principle and all that was left was for it to be confirmed by his camp and he'd be over. That was the last I heard and nothing seems to have changed. Pretty disapointing but I agree that it does look like he has no overwhelming desire to play in NA.

JeanValjean

Karamazov said:
Pretty disapointing but I agree that it does look like he has no overwhelming desire to play in NA.

Exactly. The bottom line is if he wanted to be playing in the NHL he would be. He could be a mercenary.

Dizzy

May 24, 2003
Windsor, ON
Visit site
Sykora did agree to a contract with the Caps, but didn't sign it before the deadline in July. According to the Caps he did try to buy his way out of his contract with his Czech club but they won't let him out of his contract, so he's stuck playing in Europe for another season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad