Pascal Zbinden (13.01.87) HC Ajoie

Head coach: Jakob Kolliker
Assistant coach: Manuele Celio
Goalie coach: Alex Reinhard
Team manager: Roberto Mazzetti

devilman

Feb 27, 2002
Burn Berne
The Swiss U-20 Team played 12 games in the regular Season in the 2nd Swiss Elite League to prepare for the WJC. It's a first year project.

12G 2W 2W in OT/SO 1 Loss in OT/SO 7 Losses 38:50

The idea was to have them more responsability in the U-20 Team than in their teams. Most of them play 3rd/4th Line roles in their teams. They used a large group of different players for each game, because they wanted to scout and when a player was on the team of the opponent roster, they had to play for their "home-team".

The top line could be Simek-:eek::eek::eek::eek:i-Bykov.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
The Swiss U-20 Team played 12 games in the regular Season in the 2nd Swiss Elite League to prepare for the WJC. It's a first year project.

12G 2W 2W in OT/SO 1 Loss in OT/SO 7 Losses 38:50

The idea was to have them more responsability in the U-20 Team than in their teams. Most of them play 3rd/4th Line roles in their teams. They used a large group of different players for each game, because they wanted to scout and when a player was on the team of the opponent roster, they had to play for their "home-team".

The top line could be Simek-:eek::eek::eek::eek:i-Bykov.

I like the idea.

swisdan

Feb 18, 2005
earth
qube.cpacon.com
Yet another strike against Slava Bykov in my books. :shakehead

About Andrei Bykov. His first name comes from the Slava Bykov's old friend Andrei Khomutov. It's nice.

A. Bykov is a very small player, with good vision and fast skating. It's a playmaker, like his father. I think his low weight is perfectly compensate by his skills. I don't think he'll be able to play in NHL in the future (there was just one Fleury(or StLouis)), but he can have a great career in Europa.

Have a look on him, it's not easy to be a Legend son. But he can be a good surprise.

swisdan

Feb 18, 2005
earth
qube.cpacon.com
Final selection:

Goalie: Berra Reto (GCK Lions), Flueler Lukas (Ottawa 67’s/CAN)

Defense: Grossmann Robin (Kloten Flyers), Josi Roman (SC Bern), Maurer Marco (EV Zug), Morandi Antoine (HC La Chaux-de-Fonds), Schilt Sebastian (Genève-Servette HC), Weber Yannick (Kitchener Rangers/CAN), Welti Marc (HC Thurgau)

Forwards: Augsburger Gaëtan (Genève-Servette HC), Bonnet Jérôme (Genève-Servette HC), Bürgler Dario (EV Zug), Bykov Andrei (HC Fribourg-Gottéron), Friedli Samuel (SC Rapperswil-Jona Lakers), Froidevaux Etienne (SC Bern), Jacquemet Arnaud (Kootenay Ice/CAN), Kellenberger Steve (Kloten Flyers), Lemm Fadri (HC Davos), Lötscher Kevin (SCL Tigers), Schwarzenbach Diego (EHC Olten), Simek Juraj (Brandon Wheat Kings/CAN), Steinmann Janick (EV Zug.

Keep a eye on Josi, very young defenseman (16 years)

I'm disappointing Genoni (G) or Aurelio Lemm (F) don't make the team.

Last edited:

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Final selection:

Goalie: Berra Reto (GCK Lions), Flueler Lukas (Ottawa 67’s/CAN)

Defense: Grossmann Robin (Kloten Flyers), Josi Roman (SC Bern), Maurer Marco (EV Zug), Morandi Antoine (HC La Chaux-de-Fonds), Schilt Sebastian (Genève-Servette HC), Weber Yannick (Kitchener Rangers/CAN), Welti Marc (HC Thurgau)

Forwards: Augsburger Gaëtan (Genève-Servette HC), Bonnet Jérôme (Genève-Servette HC), Bürgler Dario (EV Zug), Bykov Andrei (HC Fribourg-Gottéron), Friedli Samuel (SC Rapperswil-Jona Lakers), Froidevaux Etienne (SC Bern), Jacquemet Arnaud (Kootenay Ice/CAN), Kellenberger Steve (Kloten Flyers), Lemm Fadri (HC Davos), Lötscher Kevin (SCL Tigers), Schwarzenbach Diego (EHC Olten), Simek Juraj (Brandon Wheat Kings/CAN), Steinmann Janick (EV Zug.

Keep a eye on Josi, very young defenseman (16 years)

I'm disappointing Genoni (G) or Aurelio Lemm (F) don't make the team.

I think it is for the best that Flueler made the team so that brought it down to Berra and Genoni. Berra just seems to be a hair better, Genoni looked ok when I saw him but not a real game stealer. I assume this team will harass the big boys as always. Their 2-2 draw with the US last year was quite impressive.

Eagle Eye Cherry

guitar player
Feb 19, 2006
Montreal
I think it is for the best that Flueler made the team so that brought it down to Berra and Genoni. Berra just seems to be a hair better, Genoni looked ok when I saw him but not a real game stealer. I assume this team will harass the big boys as always. Their 2-2 draw with the US last year was quite impressive.

and more than that, its a sign of things to come. has anyone noticed how switzerland has been progressing these past few years? seriously. their team world championship, olympic and juniors teams have been getting better results as of lately. the world junior team last year took it to the canadians in a 4-3 game albeit there were really bad calls in that game. then you also have the world champ. team defeating russia not too long ago and coming close to beating canada in the world champ.. Also, the most obvious one of all, our best olympic showing since charmonix, we defeated the czechs and canadians. I can only envision more great things from this country in most competition levels.

swisdan

Feb 18, 2005
earth
qube.cpacon.com

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
[/B]

and more than that, its a sign of things to come. has anyone noticed how switzerland has been progressing these past few years? seriously. their team world championship, olympic and juniors teams have been getting better results as of lately. the world junior team last year took it to the canadians in a 4-3 game albeit there were really bad calls in that game. then you also have the world champ. team defeating russia not too long ago and coming close to beating canada in the world champ.. Also, the most obvious one of all, our best olympic showing since charmonix, we defeated the czechs and canadians. I can only envision more great things from this country in most competition levels.

I was very high on the Swiss for a while but for a couple of years it seemed the more talent they had they less they got accomplished. Maybe they were just in the wrong groups but it seemed when expectations rose they did not rise. Ramholt's group should have done better but they played scared against Canada. Stephan did not give them the same type of goaltending as his debut year. Last year expectations were not as high and the Swiss were solid.

devilman

Feb 27, 2002
Burn Berne
I think the progress is also a change in attitude to hockey, doing whatever it takes.

The "old" group with Reto von Arx, Michel Riesen had enought talent, but not the fitting attitude to NA-Hockey Leagues.

I think Mark Streit determination to play for the Habs definitvely shows the young players that it IS possible to play in the NHL.

Eagle Eye Cherry

guitar player
Feb 19, 2006
Montreal
I think the progress is also a change in attitude to hockey, doing whatever it takes.

The "old" group with Reto von Arx, Michel Riesen had enought talent, but not the fitting attitude to NA-Hockey Leagues.

I think Mark Streit determination to play for the Habs definitvely shows the young players that it IS possible to play in the NHL.

Here Here...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well then--it is very surprising that a 16 yr old made the Swiss team,but :eek::eek::eek::eek:i who has been so hyped recently did not....

On the other hand---I expect returnees from last year's squad, RW Dario Buergler and Marco Mauer who both impressed me last year --And I was shocked both were not drafted in '06 ---to be impressive again for the Swiss this year...

swisdan

Feb 18, 2005
earth
qube.cpacon.com
Well then--it is very surprising that a 16 yr old made the Swiss team,but :eek::eek::eek::eek:i who has been so hyped recently did not....

On the other hand---I expect returnees from last year's squad, RW Dario Buergler and Marco Mauer who both impressed me last year --And I was shocked both were not drafted in '06 ---to be impressive again for the Swiss this year...

It's a 16 years defenseman, and :eek::eek::eek::eek:i plays forward.

But one injured in the team, and perhaps :eek::eek::eek::eek:i'll come.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
ehm..why? Cause his son is entitled to play for Switzerland? or you think he wouldn't deserve to be there and he is only because of his father? :huh:

Slava Bykov received the position of the national team's head coach in part due to being "Russian" and the candidacies of more qualified foreign coaches were disregarded. I suppose this would be a non-issue in other hockey countries, and it certainly isn't a major issue in Russia... but it looks a little bad when your son doesn't play for the national team you "represent" based on your nationality - even as a coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->